69 replies to this topic

#1 Mont Blanc Collector

Mont Blanc Collector

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 23:12

I recently had the pleasure of ordering a few items from The Goulet Pen Company and I wanted to share my very positive experience with other members of The Fountain Pen Network.

On June 21, I placed on order for 2 Rhodia Note Pads and 1 Bottle of Diamine Presidential Blue Ink. I stumbled on The Goulet Pen Company via the company web-sites of J. Herbin and Rhodia.

The on-line product selection was vast, the shipping was extremely expeditious and very reasonably priced, the communication with Brian was flawless, and upon their arrival, a mere three days later, the products were exactly as described.

Brian was kind enough to communicate with me through every step of the process. I received several emails thanking me for my order, confirming the items ordered, notifying me of shipping, and asking me to let him know if I was not completely satisfied with my purchases.

I must say the thing I will remember the most is that Brain took the time to send a hand written note thanking me for my business. The hand written note was complete with a J. Herbin supple wax seal, a personal touch, which denotes a great deal of class on the part of Mr. Goulet, and speaks highly of his company and its view of what constitutes impeccable customer service.

I rarely endorse specific items or retailers, but in this case, I can say without reservation, that I strongly recommended Mr. Goulet and The Goulet Pen Company.

I welcome any responses this commentary may elicit.

#2 sfs6205

sfs6205

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2010 - 23:25

I have dealt with Brian a few times this year and each time my experience was similar to yours. Excellent service, communication, and prices. And the handwritten notes are a very special touch.

Be sure to check out Brian's videos on YouTube. Here's one dealing with Clairefontaine Triomphe (link)

Edited by sfs6205, 27 June 2010 - 23:28.

"I'm not superstitious -- I'm just a little stitious." Michael G. Scott

#3 GouletPens

GouletPens

Write On!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:48

Thank you for the glowing compliments! The YouTube videos are something that a lot of people enjoy....I post them on YouTube and have them on my blog (link in my signature), and if the content is fitting I'll post it in the reviews section here on FPN too. The videos and reviews are a lot of work for me to produce, but I like them because they make me REALLY know and understand the products. Y'know the saying that the best way to learn is to teach? Definitely true. I appreciate all of the goodwill spread around here on FPN! For those who don't know as well, I do give a 5% discount to FPN members, just type in 'FPN' in the coupon code section on checkout! Just my little way of saying thanks :thumbup:
Brian Goulet
www.GouletPens.com
GouletPens on Twitter
Ink Nouveau blog

Co-Creator (along with my wife!):
Posted Image

#4 Gene V

Gene V

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:04

Brian goes that extra mile for his customers. You would have to look far to find a dealer with the same quality of customer service, no matter what product you are buying. He is now offering a flat rate of $5.00 for shipping which is unheard of. Before I discovered Goulet Pens, I placed a $20.00 ink order with a different company and the shipping was $11.95. More than half the value of my order.

When you deal with Brian, you know he appreciates your business and will do whatever it takes to make the experience great.

Gene

#5 USN Air TrafficController

USN Air TrafficController

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:20

DITTO! Brian is an excellent source and will be seeing me as a return customer. I found him on youtube believe it or not. Go Ink Nouveau! With all of the pictures and correspondence on this site, it's remarkable that so little video exists. Brian filled that void. YT
Currently Inked;
MB 149 w/ MB Toffee Brown
Pilot Custom 823 w/ Perle Noire
Noodler's Aerometric w/ Noodler's X-Feather

#6 Crewel

Crewel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:23

I have to second/third that! Cheers to a fellow Virginian and an excellent seller!

#7 rosey

rosey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:30

Thank you for the glowing compliments! The YouTube videos are something that a lot of people enjoy....I post them on YouTube and have them on my blog (link in my signature), and if the content is fitting I'll post it in the reviews section here on FPN too. The videos and reviews are a lot of work for me to produce, but I like them because they make me REALLY know and understand the products. Y'know the saying that the best way to learn is to teach? Definitely true. I appreciate all of the goodwill spread around here on FPN! For those who don't know as well, I do give a 5% discount to FPN members, just type in 'FPN' in the coupon code section on checkout! Just my little way of saying thanks :thumbup:

I too, have watched your YouTube videos and I'm very impressed with the step by step instructions that you give. I did not know that you give a 5% discount to FPNer's. Thank you very much! I will be checking out your website also!

Rosey
"'I will not say, "do not weep", for not all tears are an evil."

#8 tanalasta

tanalasta

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,509 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:37

I'll add an endorsement *no affiliation yada yada* for Brian Goulet.

He was most helpful and is my current source for J'Herbin inks whenever I need more of them, owing to rather fantastic flat rate postages via USPS Priority to Australia which perfectly fit four bottles at a time. I've always found him more than helpful via email to accomodate my requests and wish him all the best in his endeavours. I've noted he has expanded his range quite significantly since I first purchased from him.

I'd buy more except I've taking a liking to Iroshizuku over J'Herbin at the moment but that's just my current flavour of the month :embarrassed_smile:

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)
In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

#9 GouletPens

GouletPens

Write On!

• Member - Gold

• 1,722 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:47

I'm glad the videos are so helpful! They take a TON of time to produce, and I never did any kind of video filming/editing whatsoever before my blog. They're fun though, they force me to really learn my products, and they help to show my personality a whole lot more than just typing does. It literally puts a 'face' on my company! Be sure to check out my live weekly broadcasts too! I do a live broadcast where you can either just observe or log into a chatroom while I talk every Tuesday Night at 9pm EST for my show Write Time at 9! I record these shows and post them on my blog, but to encourage bribe you to show up live I'm now doing a free giveaway live during the show with the correct answer to a writing trivia question. Last week someone earned themselves a free 30ml bottle of J. Herbin scented green apple ink....who knows what I'll give away this week :clap1:

Edited by GouletPens, 28 June 2010 - 13:50.

Brian Goulet
www.GouletPens.com
GouletPens on Twitter
Ink Nouveau blog

Posted Image

#10 JBat

JBat

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:55

I can only say that I agree with all the comments here. Brian is now my primary source for paper and journals, and I love that he has the full selection of Herbin inks, which I really like. His website is very well layed out and easy to navigate, and he has a full array of many fine pen and paper related products. His excellent customer service and timely shipping make using his company an easy choice.

The Goulet Pen Company comes highly recommended.

Edited by JBat, 29 June 2010 - 20:56.

John

Fountain pen lover

#11 Thornton

Thornton

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,047 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:55

I try to give Brian as much business as possible. My orders aren't extravagant, but I still get top notch service. The handwritten notes really add something too. I hope he can make a go of his business in this tough market. I support him whenever I can and would encourage others to do as well.
Posted Image"Instant Gratification Takes Too Long."-Carrie Fisher

#12 freddy77

freddy77

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2011 - 23:42

I found Brian and The Goulet Pen Company through a Google search when I was just getting back into using fountain pens. I was so impressed with his selection, reasonable prices, fast shipping, and individual response that I just put in another order. I had one specific ink in mind but when I completed and sent in my order of five inks and five Rhodia pads I realized I hadn't ordered the ink I specifically wanted. :doh: Looks like I'll just have to place another order soon. :P
freddy77
Posted Image

#13 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:02

:W2FPN: Welcome freddy77. Brian is an excellent enabler. He certainly gets a chunk of my disposable income. :clap1:

#14 freddy77

freddy77

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:59

:W2FPN: Welcome freddy77. Brian is an excellent enabler. He certainly gets a chunk of my disposable income. :clap1:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I know the feeling. Looking for one bottle of ink and buying five plus five pads. I'm doomed! (in the nicest possible way, of course ;))
freddy77
Posted Image

#15 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Moderators

• 23,371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:10

Don't forget to type FPN into the code box at checkout to get a discount for belonging here. :clap1:

#16 Surnia

Surnia

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:24

Don't forget to type FPN into the code box at checkout to get a discount for belonging here. :clap1:

You know, I actually keep forgetting to do that.. Prices even with shipping are already far better than purchasing them in Canada.
Posted Image Member since Sept 7, 2010
TWSBI Diamond 530 - Private Reserve Avocado
Black Kaweco Sport M Nib - Diamine Oxblood
Wing Sung #233 - Noodler's Lexington Gray

#17 GouletPens

GouletPens

Write On!

• Member - Gold

• 1,722 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 16:38

Welcome to FPN Freddy. I'm glad you like what I do, I think you'll find many here have a love/hate relationship with me :rolleyes:

Edited by GouletPens, 09 January 2011 - 16:38.

Brian Goulet
www.GouletPens.com
GouletPens on Twitter
Ink Nouveau blog

Posted Image

#18 falika

falika

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 16:38

I had an incredibly positive first experience with Brian @ Goulet a few days before Christmas. Brian made sure I received goods before the holiday. Lovely and genuine customer service.

#19 RedSox04

RedSox04

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:02

Welcome to FPN Freddy. I'm glad you like what I do, I think you'll find many here have a love/hate relationship with me :rolleyes:

@Brian, Kudos on the new website design, very nice.
I'm looking forward to the 2011 products, and of course the flex pens :roflmho:
To hold a pen is to be at war
-Voltaire

#20 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:52

plumb forgot to do this.. but, quite sure, considering the shipping cost adjustment, th Goulet's took care of this for me.
Great all-around experience..

Posted Image~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#21 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Moderators

• 23,371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 17:58

I suspect I'm a heavy contributor to their boy's college fund. :embarrassed_smile:

#22 Bloch

Bloch

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:40

Really? I didn't know that. But the prices are already good, so I don't feel I've missed anything. Not to say I won't put it in next time. :vbg:
I have to add my two cents to the mix, too, and say that Brian and Rachel have been just phenomenal. Personal notes with the orders, e-mails answered, notifications when things ship, and the astonishingly fast turnaround time.
I put in an order around midday on February 24, and the order arrived here in upstate New York on February 26, from Goulet Pens in Virginia! And that wasn't express mail or anything, just priority mail.
Well, dang, those guys are GOOD!!! :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Question Reality

#23 caligatia

caligatia

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:04

I placed an order Thursday and got it yesterday (Saturday). Wish I'd known about the FPN discount. But I'm very pleased with the order.

#24 WontonST

WontonST

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:10

Wow, I never knew that after buying so many times from Goulet. :blink:
-WontonST
www.sanjosecalligraphy.com
www.wontonst.info

#25 rfranca

rfranca

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2011 - 13:29

I´ve also bought from them recently and have only nice things to say

#26 Penquin

Penquin

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2011 - 18:17

I wholeheartedly endorse Goulet pens. What a nice customer experience!

#27 ravantra

ravantra

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2011 - 22:16

Don't forget the Inkdrop service! Love getting ink samples every month.
Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.
Posted Image

#28 TWRDO

TWRDO

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:16

And as of tonight they also sell Pilot! And that includes Iroshizuku... I foresee damage to the bank account.
Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life, the one incorporeal entrance into the high world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend. -Ludwig van Beethoven

#29 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

Generally, sleepy.

• Member - Gold

• 2,946 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:34

I just had to jump in - I'm new, and I've only had two purchases since coming to FPN last week, one of which was an order from Brian at Goulet Pens.

What a treat! I now not only have found a new little passion to get into, but I've found some people who are devoted to their product, and are a small business that I'd love to support. I'm knocked out by their service, the care and design of their various electronic media, the whole nine yards. I'm in a fairly niche profession and I work with vendors who don't deal in massive scale but rely upon repeat business from a small market. Some of these vendors/companies are angels, some are cretins. Brian and Rachel seem like wonderful people, the kind I like, and I look forward to my future orders.

I think I'm making one tomorrow... er... today!

Edited by jonszanto, 23 March 2011 - 07:36.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."
~ Benjamin Franklin

#30 NMacKay

NMacKay

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2011 - 14:20

My first order with Brian was very similar to those shared on here as well. Brian and Rachel do go the extra mile which I appreciate since we seem to live in a society where real customer service is rarely found. I've since then placed other orders, have a wish list, and am more than willing to purchase something from them even if I can find it elsewhere for a few dollars less all because I know Brian and Rachel are both there to help me with honest advice and service.
I am thrilled to have found such a company to order from and highly recommend them to everyone looking for supplies.