• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• bigstick

• hari317

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoyed reading this very much, and I can understand the school part after my finals at college my brain was completely fried. Try writing 30 pages worth of text in one week as well as 2 in class finals, I can tell you it isn't very fun. This review though was interesting, and I always enjoy seeing your art on posts, keep up the good work.

The Pen Is Mightier than the sword.

They do make a carbonesque that has little indentations in the finish, that may help with the slipperyness

O.A.M.D.G.

thx watchart!

i've had one for about a year now and like it a lot.

a couple of weeks ago it started acting strange. i begun skipping, no matter what ink i was using. then... i saw the problem! well, i've been using this pen (that BTW has a nice spring on the nib) forcing it to write with a bit of flex and not realizing the tines were spreading open causing the pen to skip. since the nib it's 18k, i guess the tines don't close back up like a 14k would.

anyways, i realigned them and problem solved!! :happyberet: :bunny01:

now it's inked up with Diamine Chocolate and it get some use this weekend!

does anyone know if the 14k nibs have that spring too?

PD. watch-art, for a teacher you have a --------- handwriting!! :roflmho: but, hey! your drawing is great!

yeah yeah yeah. i know my handwriting is BAD. but i've never written with a fine this fine before. it shows every one of my errors. and there are a lot of them. otherwise my writing doesn't look TOO bad. :roflmho:

glad you bent your nib back into shape. it is a wonderful little pen. i thought i'd hate the clip where i grip it, but i loved it. such a natural feeling.

You'll just have to learn a NEW grip when your carbonesque arrives in the mail.....

Pelikan 120 : Lamy 2000 : Sheaffer PFM III : Parker DuoFold Jr : Hero 239 : Pilot Vanishing Point : Danitrio Cum Laude : Esterbrook LJ : Waterman's 12 and an unknown lever-filler : Lambert Drop-fill : Conway Stewart 388

MB Racing Green : Diamine Sapphire Blue , Registrar's : J. Herbin violet pensée , café des îles : Noodler's Baystate Blue : Waterman Purple, Florida Blue

You'll just have to learn a NEW grip when your carbonesque arrives in the mail.....

why are you sending me one??? REALLY? REALLY?!! AWEESSSOOMMMMMEEE!!!!! :eureka: :clap1::clap1:

oh wait... dang.

it'll be a long time before i get another fountain pen.

[.

Hee hee, that's not how Acquisition Disorders work.....

Pelikan 120 : Lamy 2000 : Sheaffer PFM III : Parker DuoFold Jr : Hero 239 : Pilot Vanishing Point : Danitrio Cum Laude : Esterbrook LJ : Waterman's 12 and an unknown lever-filler : Lambert Drop-fill : Conway Stewart 388

MB Racing Green : Diamine Sapphire Blue , Registrar's : J. Herbin violet pensée , café des îles : Noodler's Baystate Blue : Waterman Purple, Florida Blue

• 1 month later...

Loved your review.

post-42485-042162400 1278804556.jpg

"Who speaks to the instincts speaks to the deepest in mankind and finds the readiest response."-- Amos Bronson Alcott

• 2 weeks later...

I like mine. I chose the Carbonesque for the texture. I thought the nib wasn't quite aligned in the hole in relation to how the clip felt between my thumb and forefinger but seem to have sorted that out now. More pics and thoughts in my blog in my signature link.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s149/bucketzoid/PENS/Image0087.jpg

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

[.

Hee hee, that's not how Acquisition Disorders work.....

Disorder??????

YEEPAA!! funds schmunds! i'm getting one in a TRADE. trading the doody brown pilot custom that was gifted to me (that i never ever use) for a black one just like in the review, but with a medium nib!!!

do you hear the swelling of evil laughter yet? AD strikes ANYWHERE IT CAN!!!!!

I wish you joy of your acquisition.