Rhodia Paper Question

GreenVelvet

I have fallen in love with the lined paper in my Rhodia webnotebook. I love it for journaling, but have started wishing I had it in a notepad for letter-writing sheets.

Does anyone know if Rhodia makes paper like that as a notepad? I like the ruling of the lines, the fact that they don't go all the way to the edge of the paper, and the off-white/cream color as opposed to bright white. I've searched around and haven't seen anything, but I haven't used a lot of Rhodia products in the past and I'm holding out hope...

?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreenVelvet

• mattjs

• ExcaliburZ

• WendyNC

Here's your handy-dandy link to what's available out there (or at least most of it).

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

The newer webbies use 90gsm paper, like the kind found here: http://www.gouletpens.com/Clairefontaine_Top_Staplebound_Notepad_p/c6150.htm (No affiliation with Brian Goulet, just a super happy customer).

It may not be an exact match for color or texture, but its darn close.

I use a Rhodia Bloc 18 pad at work: http://www.shopwritersbloc.com/rhclpad814x1.html (Again, no affiliation. Super Happy Customer)

Does this help?

The newer webbies use 90gsm paper, like the kind found here: http://www.gouletpens.com/Clairefontaine_Top_Staplebound_Notepad_p/c6150.htm (No affiliation with Brian Goulet, just a super happy customer).

It may not be an exact match for color or texture, but its darn close.

I use a Rhodia Bloc 18 pad at work: http://www.shopwritersbloc.com/rhclpad814x1.html (Again, no affiliation. Super Happy Customer)

Does this help?

Thanks for your post, mattjs. I am well-acquainted with the Clairefontaine paper - I use Triomphe writing tablets and many Clairefontaine clothbound books and love the paper quality - but I'm tiring of its "extra white" brightness. I imagine I'm persnickety here, but if you put the Webbie paper next to Triomphe or a Clairefontaine notebook, I think you, too, would be unlikely to call the colors close at all. I love the color and the ruling on the Webbie. The ruling on the Clairefontaine tablets and notebooks is considerably wider, and the lines on the Clairefontaine and the Rhodia pads go all the way to the edge, whereas they do not in the Webbie. (It was partly this feature that sold me on even trying the Webbie.)

Edited by GreenVelvet

Oh, I agree completely. I love my webbie. And while the Triomphe is good stuff, the brightness is just too much sometimes.

I can't speak to the ruling and such though, as I'm not quite as spun up on things like that as others. I would love to see the Rhodia pads use the paper from the webbies.

In the meantime, you could scan your webbie's ruling and print it on off-white paper.

Problem solved.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

We hear you, and I will mention it. Triomphe is probably the closest, but I hear you with wanting off-white paper.

I have fallen in love with the lined paper in my Rhodia webnotebook. I love it for journaling, but have started wishing I had it in a notepad for letter-writing sheets.

Does anyone know if Rhodia makes paper like that as a notepad? I like the ruling of the lines, the fact that they don't go all the way to the edge of the paper, and the off-white/cream color as opposed to bright white. I've searched around and haven't seen anything, but I haven't used a lot of Rhodia products in the past and I'm holding out hope...

?

<span style='font-family: Georgia'><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'> Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith</strong></span><p><a href='http://www.biffybeans.com/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Blog: Spiritual Evolution of the Bean</a><p><a href='http://www.etsy.com/shop/biffybeans?ref=si_shop' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Purchase Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith's Original Art on Etsy</a>

Have you considered an Exacompta "Basics" journal?

true same paper as the G. Lalo writing tablets, but in book form and 1/3 the price!!!

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

Have you considered an Exacompta "Basics" journal?

true same paper as the G. Lalo writing tablets, but in book form and 1/3 the price!!!

No... the original point was to find the Rhodia Webnotebook lined paper in tablet form.