Franklin-Christoph 6 pen envelope

My Franklin-Christoph 6 pen envelope arrived today--I am so excited. This is a great product and it is useful for holding more then pens. I always wanted a case to hold my ink and art supplies as well and be of nice quality and this case fits the bill. I can carry 6 pens and 2 Nalgene 1 oz. containers, two pocket brushes and a travel watercolor set. One of the bottles holds Platinum Carbon Black ink the other water for the watercolors. It holds 2 MB 149's {these fit snugly but fit}, and Edison Huron with extra flex, a Pelikan M805 with Condor nib, a Pelikan M1000 B nib , and a Sailor pro-gear with sailor brush pen nib attached This I clipped to the side so the Nalgene bottles would have room--I can live with that! This is my drawing arsenal!! Here are the pics--

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3378/4629695109_914dd40bb7.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4629695733_3aef11ed55.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/4629696307_28c4c80207.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4629696701_dfc1d9be8d.jpg

I was not very familiar with the Franklin-Christoph company but am very interested in them now. I hear of an eyedropper safety and piston-filler pens in the future and some 2-3 pen cases with surprises---Can't wait!!

Edited by stevlight

www.stevelightart.com

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevlight

• raulfragoso

• ethernautrix

• InkyWinky

Quite an amazing variety of stuff in one pen envelope! Very nice!

With all that in does it still snap closed?

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

The first photo is of it closed with all the stuff inside. It snaps closed VERY easily.

www.stevelightart.com

Oh. My. God. What a fun package! I just ordered a four-pen leather holder from Coast-to-Coast but this looks very multipurpose! Thanks for the pix!

My life is full of mistakes. They're like pebbles that make a good road.

Beatrice Wood

The first photo is of it closed with all the stuff inside. It snaps closed VERY easily.

Well, that's it... gotta get one!

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

Mine arrived today, hooray!

I have the Lucky 13 Penvelope in the boot brown, so I got the Sixer in black. It is smashing!

Five slots are filled: Danitrio Komori, Danitrio Fellowship, Nakaya Piccolo Cigar, Montblanc 100-Year, and a Visconti Ink Pot. One slot is open, waiting for the Nakaya Negoro.

The Nakaya Desk Pen, of course, doesn't fit, so I still carry that in its kimono.

I haven't tried fitting other things in it, as you have, Steve, but I see the potential. *Happy*

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Five slots are filled: Danitrio Komori, Danitrio Fellowship, Nakaya Piccolo Cigar, Montblanc 100-Year, and a Visconti Ink Pot. One slot is open, waiting for the Nakaya Negoro.

Can you post one of your great photos of this? I would love to see these pens against the orange inside of the black case.

A visconti ink pt would save me some room but I would still need the water for my watercolors. My case is a little large and heavy now for everyday but when i go on a trip it will be nice to have everything I need for my art in one compact place.

www.stevelightart.com

Steve!

I took this photo very quickly the other day and didn't post it (cos it's not a great photo), but I don't know how long it'll take me to take another one, so:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_yfW7l9SmjkY/S_mlGRpp23I/AAAAAAAAAME/uZ6qNalEt00/s800/IMG_3075.JPGFrom FPN (to show)

The lining is actually brown, a nice contrast to the black.

And now I'm in the early phase of an experiment to have only one pen inked. I'm at the two-pens step. Ha ha ha. It'll be three when the Nakaya Negoro arrives. Or six, cos I might have pulled the Danitrios and a Montblanc back into rotation by then.

Because what is the point of not having those pens in rotation?!

(I'm just seeing what it's like, is all. Just... it's an experiment.)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Lisa--BEAUTIFUL--I know I only really carry 2 pens inked with me so this wonderful case has become my travel case--with all that stuff in it.

www.stevelightart.com

Thanks for the great review, Steve. I just ordered mine :thumbup:

[]'s

Raul Fragoso

Today's fortune: "Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply."

Great review. I have been waiting for this for over a year. The 13 pen envelope was just too large for me. Last fall, I e mailed one of the sales persons to find out if they would make a smaller one, and was told it was in the works, and they were deciding if it should be a 5 or 6 or 7 pen size. This is great. I have one on the way......

The pen is mightier than the sword, and I wield an extrafine point...... En garde!! :-)

....if only there was an EU-based reseller ;(

Why not buy online ? They have free international shipping for orders above $50, which is also my case :thumbup:

[]'s

Raul Fragoso

My Franklin-Christoph 6 pen envelope arrived today--I am so excited. This is a great product and it is useful for holding more then pens. I always wanted a case to hold my ink and art supplies as well and be of nice quality and this case fits the bill. I can carry 6 pens and 2 Nalgene 1 oz. containers, two pocket brushes and a travel watercolor set. One of the bottles holds Platinum Carbon Black ink the other water for the watercolors. It holds 2 MB 149's {these fit snugly but fit}, and Edison Huron with extra flex, a Pelikan M805 with Condor nib, a Pelikan M1000 B nib , and a Sailor pro-gear with sailor brush pen nib attached This I clipped to the side so the Nalgene bottles would have room--I can live with that! This is my drawing arsenal!! Here are the pics--

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3378/4629695109_914dd40bb7.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4629695733_3aef11ed55.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/4629696307_28c4c80207.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4629696701_dfc1d9be8d.jpg

I was not very familiar with the Franklin-Christoph company but am very interested in them now. I hear of an eyedropper safety and piston-filler pens in the future and some 2-3 pen cases with surprises---Can't wait!!

[/quote

By the way, where do you get your Nalgene bottles from and what brand are they. They seem to have wider mouths than most of those I find.

Thanks.

The pen is mightier than the sword, and I wield an extrafine point...... En garde!! :-)

Why not buy online ? They have free international shipping for orders above $50, which is also my case :thumbup:

Customs, my friend, customs.....and even if it is below the "customs limit", occasionally the "transitter" will still claim a 100 Eur "transitting fee" for determining that there are no customs papers to fill and no import duty to pay.

I bought a thingie (battery cover for a camera) in New York, with a value of a couple of Eur. I ended up paying in excess of 100 Eur in such fees......

By the way, where do you get your Nalgene bottles from and what brand are they. They seem to have wider mouths than most of those I find.

I get them Here--the wide mouth 1oz. size is in the picture.

www.stevelightart.com

Customs, my friend, customs.....and even if it is below the "customs limit", occasionally the "transitter" will still claim a 100 Eur "transitting fee" for determining that there are no customs papers to fill and no import duty to pay.

I bought a thingie (battery cover for a camera) in New York, with a value of a couple of Eur. I ended up paying in excess of 100 Eur in such fees......

I'm up in Canada with (perhaps) similar custom's issues. Ordered two Lucky 13s and all went well - as in nothing assessed by the goverment. The company is adept at custom's paperwork. Janet

I'm up in Canada with (perhaps) similar custom's issues. Ordered two Lucky 13s and all went well - as in nothing assessed by the goverment. The company is adept at custom's paperwork. Janet

I too know of a friend who has ordered through Canada and had no problems! Good luck!

I received mine last week, just 4 days after ordering it ! Free FedEx to Brazil was a really impressive plus.

The case is really beautiful, very well made and finished, I think this will get used and last for many years to come :thumbup:

[]'s

Raul Fragoso