sailor Realo

Nikolaos

HI All,

i finally received my Sailor Realo yesterday, and i am completely amazed by it.

The pen is very beautiful and super well made. The materials used are excellent and the gold plated 21K trimming are just fantastic. The true colour is kind of hard to get by taking pictures of it. In reality it is so much better. The pen is large, i think about 1 cm longer than the 149, but it is very lightweight and really well balanced. It is a piston filler and holds a lot of ink! Then comes the fantastic part: the Nib. The Nib is a huge Naginata Togi 21K and it just looks stunning. Apart from its awesome looks needless to say that the nib performs flawlessly right out of the box since it has been hand tuned by the master himself. I have never written with anything smoother before. The nib glides effortlessly on the paper and the line it puts down is just the most amazing writing experience i ever had. I am just amazed by the pen. Presentation is perfect as well, a very beautiful box, with a nice plaque stating the number of the pen, a bottle of ink, booklets, polishing cloth, and a very beautiful deerskin case of superb quality. It is amazing how meticulous the Japanese are when it comes to quality control. There is a card in the box, with the name and the stamp (asian way) of the person who inspected the pen and the whole packaging and the ways to get in contact with them in case of problems.

I think that this pen is totally elegant, very well made, and a true writing instrument! It will be hard for me to top this one for a long time.

I just wanted to share my excitment with you guys

Nikolaos

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikolaos

• Demonstrative Pen Collector

• mge01park

• Nimrud

Hi !

i just saw at the south east asian forum that your Realo is the #20/100

Funilly enough i got #21/100

Wonder who else around here has one and the numbers are?

Enjoy it

Nikolaos

Ahhh... the beauty of the Sailor nib. Now compare the performance of the Sailor Togi nib vs the Pelikan Souvearn nib. Any comments?

Interesting point! Frankly i don't think there is any comparison! The Sailor Togi nib, is by far the smoothest modern nib i have ever tried. It is a pleasure to write with...Now as far as my Pelikan M800 and M600 go, hmm i don't think i should even bother comparing..

Interesting point! Frankly i don't think there is any comparison! The Sailor Togi nib, is by far the smoothest modern nib i have ever tried. It is a pleasure to write with...Now as far as my Pelikan M800 and M600 go, hmm i don't think i should even bother comparing..

Thank you for a honest answer. There are a lot of people out there who would still swear by a Souveran nib compared to a Sailor Togi. Its like a book that HAS TO BE GOOD beacuse its written by a big name author......though the readers know its crappy yet the book is good beacuse its written by that specific author.

Hi !

i just saw at the south east asian forum that your Realo is the #20/100

Funilly enough i got #21/100

Wonder who else around here has one and the numbers are?

Enjoy it

Nikolaos

Hey neighbour! :D Nice of you to stop by the FPSEA forum.

As for Jeen's question on nib width, I think all Realos come with a "medium" Naginata-togi nib. "Medium" though, for a KOP-sized togi nib, means wet and juicy BROAD!

hi guys,

Just like Nimrud said the nib is a wet, very consistent medium, leaning towards a broad. Second best to that out of my collection is my OMAS Marconi, with a lovely medium nib, but i think that the distance between the 2 is very lengthy if you know what i mean. Other huge favourites of mine: Pilot custom 823 with a medium nib, Omas Arco Bronze medium nib...etc. None of my Pelikans come even close though!

By the way (demonic Pen Collector) i love your comparison of the Souveran nib with a crappy book written by a famous author!! it is right on the money!

Nikolaos

hi guys,

Just like Nimrud said the nib is a wet, very consistent medium, leaning towards a broad. Second best to that out of my collection is my OMAS Marconi, with a lovely medium nib, but i think that the distance between the 2 is very lengthy if you know what i mean. Other huge favourites of mine: Pilot custom 823 with a medium nib, Omas Arco Bronze medium nib...etc. None of my Pelikans come even close though!

By the way (demonic Pen Collector) i love your comparison of the Souveran nib with a crappy book written by a famous author!! it is right on the money!

Nikolaos

Thank you Nikolaos. (smiles).

• 3 years later...

Great review. I had thought it was in the 1911 size range. In any event and backchannel it if necessary, I am not seeing it available anywhere besides Art Brown at this point.

HI All,

i finally received my Sailor Realo yesterday, and i am completely amazed by it.

The pen is very beautiful and super well made. The materials used are excellent and the gold plated 21K trimming are just fantastic. The true colour is kind of hard to get by taking pictures of it. In reality it is so much better. The pen is large, i think about 1 cm longer than the 149, but it is very lightweight and really well balanced. It is a piston filler and holds a lot of ink! Then comes the fantastic part: the Nib. The Nib is a huge Naginata Togi 21K and it just looks stunning. Apart from its awesome looks needless to say that the nib performs flawlessly right out of the box since it has been hand tuned by the master himself. I have never written with anything smoother before. The nib glides effortlessly on the paper and the line it puts down is just the most amazing writing experience i ever had. I am just amazed by the pen. Presentation is perfect as well, a very beautiful box, with a nice plaque stating the number of the pen, a bottle of ink, booklets, polishing cloth, and a very beautiful deerskin case of superb quality. It is amazing how meticulous the Japanese are when it comes to quality control. There is a card in the box, with the name and the stamp (asian way) of the person who inspected the pen and the whole packaging and the ways to get in contact with them in case of problems.

I think that this pen is totally elegant, very well made, and a true writing instrument! It will be hard for me to top this one for a long time.

I just wanted to share my excitment with you guys

Nikolaos

Great review. I had thought it was in the 1911 size range. In any event and backchannel it if necessary, I am not seeing it available anywhere besides Art Brown at this point.

HI All,

i finally received my Sailor Realo...

Nikolaos

The Sailor Realo that Nikolaos aquired 3 Years ago was a different, bigger LE model than you are talking about. The new Sailor Profit Realo is a 1911 derivative.

Edited by saintsimon

Thanks for your response, I found the Realo post from a goggle search and hadn't looked at the 3 years ago date.

HI All,

i finally received my Sailor Realo...

Nikolaos

The Sailor Realo that Nikolaos aquired 3 Years ago was a different, bigger LE model than you are talking about. The new Sailor Profit Realo is a 1911 derivative.

• 1 year later...

as far as I know they have been long sold out. The occasional one pops up for sale every now and then , but not that many.

From following a few ones that were sold in the past 3-4 years prices tend to be higher than the original price

Nikolaos

I posted the review of this REALO,95th Anniversary pen. I stated that the filling system of that pen might be fragile.

But I have kept on using the REALO without trouble untill now and on the contrary the system has become smoother.

The comment I stated may be an overstatement. Now the REALO is the most favourite pen for me.

rokurinpapa