Private Reserve Sherwood Green

zhangvict

Hey guys

This is my first ink review, what do you think?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4613983319_2fc87f3232_b.jpg

The scan turned out to be a tiny bit too blue and it is also a lot less vibrant than on paper.

One thing I forgot to add is that there is little nib creep with this ink. It also doesn't smell very nice, sort of a slightly chemical-ish sour smell.

Overall this is a good ink with a very nice color.

*edited because image inserting problems*

Edited by zhangvict

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zhangvict

• kamilyakupoglu

• khymeera

Great review of one of my favorite inks! Right on the water un-resistance, but I have never found the drying time to be an issue, though many have. Thanks again, and I love the graphics!

"... for even though the multitude may be utterly deceived, subsequently it usually hates those who have led it to do anything improper." Aristotle, Athenian Constitution, XXVIII:3 Loeb Edition

Thanks for the great review. I find the colors on the screen do match the color in person.

Pelikan M605, Blue Demo M205, Red M205 * Parker Frontier, 45, Sonnet, Duofold * Waterman Expert II, Phileas * Cross Century II, Solo, Matrix * Sheaffer Statesman, Touchdown

I love the colours that PR do, but the dry time on many of their inks is positively geologic! Avacado is the worst, IMO. I've revisited a written word after 34 seconds and its still not dry! And I didn't use a spade to write with either. Useless inks if you're in a hurry to close a journal or complete a letter to someone etc. Then, of course, there's the problem with mould growth in bottles, that many here complain about. Shame...

Come on PR - Get your act together!

I'm using it right now. I do like the shading. In a wet writer, such as what I have here with me (Waterman Dauntless) It drys in parts nearly black and shading up to a dark green like Noodler's Zhivago, but with a "happier" green color. Pitty I am almost out. I just had a sample to try.

Thanks for the review.

When going on a journey always take your pen.

Love the Sherwood Green!

PR has my business for: green (Sherwood), reddish brown (Burgundy Mist), medium blue (American), and violet (Tanzanite).

Noodlers is "go to" for black, reds, oranges, and Squeteague (don't know why but I'm compelled to use that ink).

Waterman is the source for Havana Brown and, for the demonstrators, Florida Blue.

Love this green !!

Will not trust this ink (or any other colors from PR) in any pricy pens tho !

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/yuckkie/Scribblings/DSC03101.jpg

https://imgur.com/8TOQh8v

"Oey !! Gimme back my pen !"

Now this is a green, thanks for the review.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Great review, zhangvict! I love the icons mixed in with the text in the image. I'm not a huge fan of Private Reserve inks due to the lengthy drying times, but I'm finding that I'm becoming more patient with age. :) So I may put this on the list sometime soon.

seize the dave - a little bit about a lot of stuff: ink reviews, poetry, short fiction, and more
my ink reviews

Thanks for the complements! It means a lot to me when people like my first review. I read a lot of review before and I find that the ones with drawings in them are the most interesting ones, and that's where my small icons came from.

Great review, zhangvict!

Carpedavid, I like your reviews too, especially the calligraphy!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the very nice review. Indeed I am a fan of Zhivago, but looking for something more vivid and this could be the answer for my need. It is a very fascinating color.

"If we can imagine anything,perhaps we can achieve anything we imagine. What we imagine then becomes our destiny."

Henry David Thoreau

A new favorite of mine!

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I need to stop reading this forum...it keeps on tempting me!

Give up my fountain pen? You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead, inkstained, hands!

Too late. Once you start down the inky path it forever rules your destiny. :)

this is a great ink! i have a huge bottle.

• 1 month later...
:thumbup: Read this review a while ago, and finally got around to inking up my "green ink" pen with this (Sherwood Green); after a few days of using it I do believe PR Spearmint has been knocked out of first place for my top ranked daily green!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg (member since 8/28/10) Current pens:fpn_1314757310__pen_logo_collage_083011_450_hr.jpg