Photo

How long to ship west coast to east coast?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 GOB Bluth

GOB Bluth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:33

I am waiting for a pen shipped from Los Angeles via USPS First Class Mail. I am in MD. How many days should I expect?

#2 Blackforest

Blackforest

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:35

why don't you call your post office?

#3 GOB Bluth

GOB Bluth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:39

I thought the responses here would be more fun.

#4 cakibler

cakibler

WET INK BEHIND THE EARS

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:42

It should take about 4 to 5 business days, but could take longer. If you have origination and destination zip codes you can go to USPS.com and calculate the average expected delivery time yourself.
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 sfs6205

sfs6205

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:00

I've always received first class shipments within four days. (Maybe THAT's where my luck lies - in short shipping times...) I would have preferred to be lucky picking lottery numbers! :D

Sarah

Edited by sfs6205, 05 May 2010 - 12:00.

"I'm not superstitious -- I'm just a little stitious." Michael G. Scott

#6 davidjs

davidjs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:30

I've always received first class shipments within four days. (Maybe THAT's where my luck lies - in short shipping times...) I would have preferred to be lucky picking lottery numbers! :D

Sarah

You're in the middle!

To the original post: I would expect a week +/-... depending on how big both of your local post offices are (how close to a major metro area!)

#7 jbb

jbb

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2010 - 13:57

Posted Image

It seems like USPS First Class packages shipped with a computer label through Paypal only take two or three days. Packages with good old fashioned stamps seem to take longer. If the latter, there may be a tracking number so you can see just where your package is. If the former, you might brace yourself for five to seven days and hope it's sooner.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by jbb, 05 May 2010 - 13:58.

#8 GOB Bluth

GOB Bluth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2010 - 14:57

Posted Image

It seems like USPS First Class packages shipped with a computer label through Paypal only take two or three days. Packages with good old fashioned stamps seem to take longer. If the latter, there may be a tracking number so you can see just where your package is. If the former, you might brace yourself for five to seven days and hope it's sooner.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It is the former. what i have found with tracking numbers is that it is "sorted" or "in transit" for a long time, then all of a sudden, in the span of 3 hours, it makes several updates and says, "out for delivery". Not much point...

#9 TWRDO

TWRDO

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2010 - 16:17

I've had anything from 2-10 days from the ship date, usually 3-5.

Edited by TWRDO, 05 May 2010 - 16:17.

Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life, the one incorporeal entrance into the high world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend. -Ludwig van Beethoven

#10 Marko Kloos

Marko Kloos

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 17:09

I'm in NH, and every time I have ordered stuff from JetPens (which ships from CA), I have received my stuff in two days. I have no idea how they do it, but it was all First Class mail.

#11 Parse Error

Parse Error

Not broken... yet

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:59

I know that from Boston to Silicon Valley takes around 3 days, but it's generally that smaller mail gets sent faster than larger packets. So essentially just send a lumpy package and it'll be sent faster than if you have your pen better packed. And bubble wrap always works.
One of the few high school students around here.
And yes, I'm a lousy programmer.
Master of the ghetto/cheap/quick fix.

#12 cerberusdog

cerberusdog

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:06

I am in rural Ohio. That means that USPS has a different set of rules and different delivery times. If I was in Columbus, Cleveland, etc. delivery would be a day or two sooner. I have learned that "signature required" means they stick it in my mail box. First class means they stick it in my mailbox. I have given up even guessing how long something will take to arrive. When it gets here, it is here.
Rick

#13 Merrib

Merrib

Merrib

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:47

Normally it should take 4 to 5 days from coast to coast. That is what it has been running for me.

#14 streeton

streeton

UpsideDown

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:59

I'm an outsider here and just making a comment about USPS first class to Australia. It takes between 7-10 calendar days and I've never had a problem with the small bubble mailers, they're excellent as long as the pen is well packed inside the mailer. Much prefer USPS first class to Priority mail which usually arrives in a box too big for my mail box and is way too expensive.

#15 Rev. Nathan

Rev. Nathan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:14

Hey, I live pretty far West. While Reno, NV is further West than Los Angeles where I am, I still consider myself pretty far out there. From Florida, UPS ground takes the full 8-10 business days (there is a conspiracy that UPS lets packages sit in warehouses to make you opt up for a more expensive option in the future). However, USPS does a much better job, typically taking 4-5 days for standard ground. The waiting game is indeed an annoying one, I do think USPS delivers their word on delivery dates pretty accurately.

|| Lamy Safari (F) || Parker 51 (M) || J. Herbin Violette Pensee || Rhodia No. 12 ||

#16 welch

welch

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:07

I have found NYC to CA is about three days: I ship on a Monday, and the oen arrives on Thursday. Sometimes Friday. NYC to Texas is about two days, and sometimes three. NYC to Toronto is about the same as CA.

No need for Priority Mail.

About as fast as regular FedEX and UPS at one-tenth the cost.
Don't take any job that requires new clothes.