Skrip Persian Rose

Immoteus

A friend kindly requested that I write a review for an "unadulterated bottle of Skrip Persian Rose." Enjoy!

Note: Colour is suppose to be a dark muted magenta.

Conclusion: While I enjoyed the lovely hue Persian Rose has to offer, I am somewhat disappointed with the performance. Between the ink skipping after half pages of writing and the hard starts; I'm not entirely convinced by the nostalgia that carries this name.

post-10295-127217885874.jpg

Top: Dry

Middle: 1 Minute Rinse

Bottom: 5 Minute Soak

post-10295-127217885348.jpg

Usual disclaimer: Color representation unfortunately cannot always be accurate due to the use of a scanner, reproduction of the scan in various computer monitors, and variations in pen/paper characteristics.

Edited by Immoteus

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pen2paper

• Immoteus

• Michael R.

• Ondina

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for this review.

It is still amazing to see the different shades of "unaltered" Persia Rose :)

I always thought my bottle of Persian Rose came "unaltered" as well since it was originally backed, was still ~ 100% full and seemed previously unopened.

The color of my Persian Rose of course is much different from yours; it looks more like a dark intense magenta toned version of 1990's Sheaffer Burgundy.

I would believe that yours is more like it was intended to look at the date of release BUT mine performs flawless :P

Cheers

Michael

What a beautiful hand and review. I had the idea as Michael states that the color was darker and magenta -only seen a few written letters, I've never used it- so anyone that has it or has written examples could please post them also?. Immoteus, very nice hand and work, thank you for the detailed review.

Good review. Your handwriting is just great. I got recently a Mitaka ED. The writing experience with these shiro nibs is superb.

Quan el centre del món no ets ben bé tu (per més que en tinguis la il·lusió),

si et desvetllaven enmig de la nit, no vulguis preguntar-te per què vius:

distreu-te rosegant l'ungla d'un dit. [I beg your pardon, Salvador Espriu]

This is Exciting!

I'm one who remembers this ink, 'in the day' straight from a fresh, new, bottle.

The sample script has the muted grey which I have described.

The brightness in the swabs are a surprise..

Then, I would have been using a Sheaffer Snorkle with a fairly smooth fine nib, not allowing alot of line variation.

Thanks, I Did enjoy!

Great review thanks, a very interesting colour.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

The best review of this ink would be from the person who has several bottles to compare its colors. Nonetheless, I am grateful that you put the information out there. Personally I have never acquired my own bottle, although I have come close three times; the fourth time was when I didn't want to spend $75 for the bottle. I have several writing and swab samples on paper, though.

Thanks for reviewing a legend.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn130/ToasterPastryphoto/pop.jpg

Follow me on Twitter!

Read my silly blog!

The best review of this ink would be from the person who has several bottles to compare its colors. Nonetheless, I am grateful that you put the information out there. Personally I have never acquired my own bottle, although I have come close three times; the fourth time was when I didn't want to spend $75 for the bottle. I have several writing and swab samples on paper, though.

Thanks for reviewing a legend.

Which begs to inquire.. which modern inks come closest to the samples (writing & swab) you have?

Are all of the swabs bright, as in this review? Do all have the muted grey tone in the writing sample?

Thanks TP

Thank you to everyone who have commented, the colour of the ink is actually a shade darker than the scan portrays. Other than the additional brightness, it is an accurate representation of the written review. I've also added a link to the full-size scan for easier viewing.

Edited by Immoteus

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers