All Hail Lady Sheaffer!

terim

For your viewing pleasure, here are five Lady Sheaffer models from the 1970s. They feature white dot clips and Stylpoint nibs. Three of them are in the Lambrou book on page 123.

IMHO .... gorgeous!

TERI

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/sheaffer/ladysheaffers_w_clips.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terim

• carroll

• kudzu

• gee09

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

I would love to add the #2 from the top in your picture to my little group of them. Not your actual pen, you understand, just one like it.

Cheers,

Joe

I don't generally like old pens nor the decorative metal ones, but several of those are quite beautiful!!

Please visit my new pen and ink/pen box site at www.boxesandpens.co.uk

Hand made boxes to store and display your favourite pens.

10% discount for FPN members

And there's some interesting tactile things going on, too. The 922 looks like finely crumpled aluminum and feels lightly scratchy. They were very creative with materials.

Old? These are from the 1970s. Now I feel old.

Thanks for looking :mellow:

TERI

Hi Terri,

904 and 922 are two I haven't seen before, both would be "rare" I would suggest (if not very rare!!) Is the 922 a "hammered" type of finish? It doesn't look like a steel finish but most likely is , could be aluminium I guess but would be coated. Pewter? unlikely ...but who knows!! That's a great find but I bet the labels don't indicate they're all L.Sheaffers....there seems no end to these...

Regards

Hugh

Hi Hugh-

Yes, the 922 has a hammered finish that some are calling "hammerite." It could very well be pewter because it oxidizes and when you polish it with a metal polish, there's black on the cloth. You are so right about the labels! The 922 is marked simply "922 M" on the section in chalk, while the others have labels .... 923 and 642 say "L Sheaffer" and the others just say "Sheaffer."

I've got another model coming .... it's like the 923 only all gold colored.

I now have a new life's ambition: to get these in every pattern! I saw a Penhero page about a model that looks like the 925 with gold plating, so I have at least one more on my "wanted" list.

If anyone has a different model they'd like to trade for one of the above, just let me know!

TERI

Beautiful patterns Teri!

904 and 922 are two I haven't seen before, both would be "rare" I would suggest (if not very rare!!)

The 922 was offered a few days back on the marketplace:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/149897-sheaffer-922-set-brand-new-old-stock-10-pieces/

Best,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Do you have pics with the caps removed? I'd like to see the nib and the cap attachment mech (PFM tripods?). Are these all cartridge filled?

A man's real possession is his memory. In nothing else is he rich, in nothing else is he poor.

I see these around when pen hunting. For some reason they're always in super bad shape, with serious nib damage. I generally go for sober pens, but i like this kind of gaudiness. Some of these have orange sections. Hard to beat an orange section!

Here are some photos of the nib and section. It's the same on all five.

http://www.peytonstreet.com/forsale3/904_2.jpg

http://www.peytonstreet.com/forsale3/904_3.jpg

They are squeeze fillers.

I've never seen these pens "in the wild" but what gyasko said about them being in bad shape doesn't surprise me. The finishes are similar to the ones on the Skripsert clip-less pens, and those are usually in horrible shape. Maybe because they were intended for women Sheaffer thought they could get away with more delicate finishes .....

TERI

Recently acquired this L Sheaffer 903 FP NOS which has a decidedly different clip than those illustrated above. It is longer and narrower just like the 902 I've seen. The label is still in place on the back of the cap: "L. Sheaffer 903 Fine". See photo:

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae250/smuckers8/SheafferLady903B.jpg

PS: Has a Triumph type 14K nib. 1960's vintage. Never been inked.

Edited by cuza

HI Cuza,

I'll have to put the bit about the clip on my 902 notes, which I have listed as "basket weave" pattern,gold skripsert nib (most people call them a Triumph though) and a coloured section ( light blue). How would you describe that finish and does it have a coloured section and a gold nib as well? The "cap band" is rather subdued compared to some L.Sheaffers!! Yet another interesting find, I wonder if Terri has one of those...

Regards

Hugh

This 903 is on page 123 of the Lambrou book, and it shows the same long clip. It's described as a tip fill from 1968.

None of my short clip'd Lady Sheaffers has a triumph nib, though Lambrou says the 925 and the 923 should.

My 925 and its Triumph-style nib were both marked, 'Made in Australia'. I think the nib was original, but I can't prove it. I had Ron Zorn put a new front end on it, with a palladium silver USA Sheaffer factory stub. What a great writer.

Here's an image I've shared before.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_V2mFMIUesEg/S23wh5dCnMI/AAAAAAAAAS8/d2xDE5XomZg/s800/Sh%20Ladies.jpg

Sheaffer Lady 925, Flamme, like the 923 except all gold plate, and a Lady Skripsert 'Paisley'

I have two other Lady pens not shown here. I'll try to take a new picture of them and post it. Thanks to all for sharing this information.

Cheers,

Joe

Those are some beauties. I love the Lady Sheaffer pens and have even started collecting them. So far they have all been cartridge style models.

Lamy 2000 - XF, Private Reserve Black Cherry

Lamy 2000 - M, Swisher by Noodler Apricot Orange

Lamy Yellow Safari - XF, Noodler's Purple Martin

Lamy Orange Safari - LH, Noodler's Violet

Sheaffer Imperial IV; Lady Sheaffer IV; VI; Tulle

Parker 51 - Noodler's Purple Martin

HI Cuza,

I'll have to put the bit about the clip on my 902 notes, which I have listed as "basket weave" pattern,gold skripsert nib (most people call them a Triumph though) and a coloured section ( light blue). How would you describe that finish and does it have a coloured section and a gold nib as well? The "cap band" is rather subdued compared to some L.Sheaffers!! Yet another interesting find, I wonder if Terri has one of those...

Regards

Hugh

Hugh,

I've attached a photo showing the black section and the 14K nib. I don't know what pattern Sheaffer used on the 903. An auction description I recently saw for a 903 BP referred to it as a "lattice" pattern.

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae250/smuckers8/LSheaffer903.jpg

Any additional information would be welcome.

-- cuza

I really admire how Sheaffer went out of their way to make the lady's collections entirely different in appearance than any of their men's pens.

A man's real possession is his memory. In nothing else is he rich, in nothing else is he poor.

There are certainly some superb looking Lady Sheaffers posted in this thread. Teri, you have assembled quite an array of beautiful late vintage pens. Makes us all hot to start and/or enhance such a focused mini-collection that seems to have even more potential than previously imagined. Nice work! :thumbup:

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]

Penfindum Restorum

Memberhttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/bps_pin_2013_zps75ed3895.png http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/pca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png