Waterman Rose

yoplaboum

My first review, so.... Be indulgent !

post-35958-127075767644.jpg

Waterman Man 100, Pelikan M605, Montblanc 146 & 149, Parker Duofolds and 51s, Sheaffer Triumph and Intrigue, Lamy Safari, Pilot 78G and Pluminix...

PR Electric DC Blue, Herbin 1670 inks, Waterman Havana and purple, Montblanc Petrol Blue ...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yoplaboum

• karinh

• Ondina

• dandelion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love this colour and, coincidentally, just received a whole lot of the cartridges from France in the mail yesterday. I got a pink Waterman Kultur to go with the ink and they are actually almost the same colour.

Excellent review of a pretty, intense pink.

"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light." - Groucho Marx

Thank you for this thorough and excellent review of an ink I didn't even know existed. Very cool pink ink! Good with comparisons! You don't happen to know how it compares to Diamine Claret?

Edited by dandelion

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

Thank you for this thorough and excellent review of an ink I didn't even know existed. Very cool pink ink! Good with comparisons! You don't happen to know how it compares to Diamine Claret?

No, sorry, I never used any Diamine ink. If the Diamine Claret is a magenta, they must be very near ! ;)

Waterman Man 100, Pelikan M605, Montblanc 146 & 149, Parker Duofolds and 51s, Sheaffer Triumph and Intrigue, Lamy Safari, Pilot 78G and Pluminix...

PR Electric DC Blue, Herbin 1670 inks, Waterman Havana and purple, Montblanc Petrol Blue ...

Ha! I just re-read the bit under Water Test where you say "I leave near Bordeaux and haven't any pills to take." :roflmho: Now I get it. Must not have had enough coffee the first time I read it.

Have just been writing in my journal in this colour (and Violet) and it's so pretty.

Ha! I just re-read the bit under Water Test where you say "I leave near Bordeaux and haven't any pills to take." :roflmho: Now I get it. Must not have had enough coffee the first time I read it.

Have just been writing in my journal in this colour (and Violet) and it's so pretty.

Oh sorry !! It's not "I leave near Bordeaux", but "I live near Bordeaux" !:embarrassed_smile:

Not enough coffee for me, too...

Just to be clear - I was laughing at your joke, not your English. I would never do that!

Just to be clear - I was laughing at your joke, not your English. I would never do that!

Don't worry, I understood :thumbup:.

What I don't understand is why this ink is only available in small cartridges, and not in bottle. I think that, in fact, you can find this ink only in France (UK sellers don't propose it). Perhaps Waterman's opinion is that this ink is too vivid, less usable, the color too "marginal" for a wide distribution. But the others ink brands don't have this point of view, even for colors much more "eccentric", and they are right !

This is quite mysterious...

Love this color! :puddle: Where can I get it?

Lashelle

You can find it on Ebay, Mr Lewertowski, from Pen Seller From France, has usually this ink.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/WATERMAN-80-CARTOUCHES-ROSES-NEUVES_W0QQitemZ360248753972QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFR_YO_Bijoux_Stylos?hash=item53e07fbf34

As usual, I'm just an happy buyer from him

Not sure why Waterman don't sell this colour in a bottle or anywhere but France. (I got my cartridges from France, via Ebay) Parker also don't sell their pink (or purple) except in cartridges and they are both really lovely colours. Perhaps Waterman think that only the French are adventurous or brave enough to use this colour? :D

Edited to add that I got my pink ink from M. Lewertowski as well. I'm also a happy customer.

Edited by karinh

Ouch, :yikes: that stuff hurts the eyes. They should call it Screaming Pink! Of course, if I used pink I'd want this ink. Thanks for a fresh taste of an unknown ink!

Waterman Pink is only sold as cartridges ( is not marketed in bottles, sadly) pretty much anywhere in Continental Europe, wherever Waterman inks are sold. If anyone is interested in trying, and depending on availability, I may be able to help, PM and we'll arrange something.

Great review and great colour, thanks.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

• 1 month later...

I love bright, vibrant colours, and this is far and away my very favourite ink. Despite the "soft pink" connotation of the name "Rose" (the French word for "pink"), this is a hot magenta, particularly vibrant when used in my very wet-writing Pelikano FP.

There is an NYC-based Ebay seller (montgomerystationery), who sells these cartridges for around $10 a box. Pricey, but well worth it, if you want a really vivid, unusual ink colour that just leaps off the page!

I suspect that Waterman only makes it in cartridge form, because they think it will only appeal to kids, and kids generally only use cartridges, not bottled ink---possibly out of convenience, or possibly because parents know just how messy bottled ink can be in the hands of kids!

• 7 years later...

My first post on this site and I am in New Zealand and order all my pens and inks from the US. And yes this ink is available from JetPens online in cartridge form under the name of "Radiant Pink." It is gorgeous and the best pink I have found. Also remember that Waterman inks are some of the very best behaved inks one can buy and their Serenity Blue and Tender Purple I have as well, and they are excellent. Well priced and I use them in all different pens and nibs. A problem pen loves this ink. Thanks to the reviewer for doing this ink review. Very rare to find this color reviewed anywhere.

Perhaps Waterman think that only the French are adventurous or brave enough to use this colour? biggrin.gif

Well, they did award Jerry Lewis the Legion of Honor.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I love bright, vibrant colours, and this is far and away my very favourite ink. Despite the "soft pink" connotation of the name "Rose" (the French word for "pink"), this is a hot magenta, particularly vibrant when used in my very wet-writing Pelikano FP.

There is an NYC-based Ebay seller (montgomerystationery), who sells these cartridges for around $10 a box. Pricey, but well worth it, if you want a really vivid, unusual ink colour that just leaps off the page!

I suspect that Waterman only makes it in cartridge form, because they think it will only appeal to kids, and kids generally only use cartridges, not bottled ink---possibly out of convenience, or possibly because parents know just how messy bottled ink can be in the hands of kids!

I didn't know that this was on the market (annoying that it's only in cartridges). It looks like a great color. Are Waterman cartridges proprietary or International Standard?

As for that particular eBay seller, I would steer clear. Not only pricy but they're kinda rat b*stards. The only time I *ever* had to file a dispute over an item not being as advertised was something I bought from them. I got my money back (dispute was settled in my favor in a matter of hours) and got to keep the item (a Vector pen and BP set that was a graduation present for my husband's niece) but I wasn't allowed to provide feedback about the experience by eBay, as a result of winning the dispute. :glare: So while their feedback ratings look good, I wonder how many people are out there who were like me and won a dispute but couldn't provide feedback as a result..... :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."