MONTBLANC 149 WITH 14K SEMI- FLEX NIB

jellybelly1

__

PEN IS NOW OFFICIALLY SOLD TO FELLOW FPN MEMBER "SamCapote" ; THANK YOU

:)

Just received this pen day before yesterday from a fellow friend and collector to put up for sale.

Just sold a pen very similar to this a couple of days ago.

Here are the details :

Model : Montblanc 149

Nib : 14K Two Tone Semi-Flex Nib that flexes from Fine / Medium to Broad / Double Broad

Cap Imprint : "Germany"

Piston threads : Resin

Condition : Very good condition for its age. I do not see any dents or deep marks, and I certainly do not sell those

kinds of abused pens. I have included close up images below.

I have had this pen professionally serviced and just brought it back with me home today evening.

The piston is smooth, and the nib writes well (Nib was tested with ink before pen was serviced)

A solid pen that will last its new owner for many years.

As with all the pens I sell, there is absolutely no ink residue of any kind in the pen, nib, or feed.

The ink view chamber is crystal clear.

Price : Asking $ 410 or best offer (All payment methods accepted and included in price as per FPN Guidelines).

Shipping is at cost. Pen is located in the USA.

International members welcome.

Please contact me at : JellyBellyPens@gmail.com

I only sell pens that I as a collector would use. I am certain this pen will make its new owner happy.

However, if you are not happy with the pen in anyway, please let me know once you receive it, and I will provide you with

a full refund less the shipping.

I have provided the pics below. I just got the pen day before yesterday and took it in to get it serviced immediately.

So I did not have a chance to take a pic of the writing sample before the nib was cleaned.

For a writing sample, please visit this following link to my other pen I just recently

sold :

Writing Sample of MB 149 Pen Recently Sold

This pen has the exact same 14K nib as the other pen and is very similar in its flex properties.

If the new owner wishes it however, I can provide them with a dip tested writing sample of this nib before shipping it out.

Or if the pen does not sell, then I will just go ahead and ink it and put up some writing samples. But again, this nib is

very similar in its properties to the pen that just recently sold (please see link to that writing sample above).

Pics below :

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/jellybelly1photos/mbpeniboughtfromebaypic5.jpg

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/jellybelly1photos/mbpeniboughtfromebaypic4.jpg

Edited by jellybelly1

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/jellybelly1photos/newmm2bmp.jpg

Thank you for viewing this post

:) !

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellybelly1

• SamCapote

• Ron2

Top Posters In This Topic

I always have wanted one of these. I'll take it. Email sent.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/paypal.gif

Edited by SamCapote

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I always have wanted one of these. I'll take it. Email sent.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the message. E-mail replied to :)

Edited by jellybelly1

__

PEN IS NOW OFFICIALLY SOLD TO FELLOW FPN MEMBER "SamCapote" AND WILL BE SHIPPED OUT FIRST THING TOMORROW MORNING

Thank you very much to all the people who inquired about this pen :)

__

PEN IS NOW OFFICIALLY SOLD TO FELLOW FPN MEMBER "SamCapote" AND WILL BE SHIPPED OUT FIRST THING TOMORROW MORNING

Just got pen today, this being my first 146/149, and JellyBelly is right on the mark. I went over every bit of this pen with a jeweler's loupe, and it is immaculate. Not a scratch. Nib and feed are absolutely perfect. Piston filler is smooth. Writes effortlessly....this is my first classified purchase "of substance" here at FPN, and I just wanted to let JellyBelly and everyone reading know how happy and satisfied this made me. :notworthy1:

__

Just got pen today, this being my first 146/149, and JellyBelly is right on the mark. I went over every bit of this pen with a jeweler's loupe, and it is immaculate. Not a scratch. Nib and feed are absolutely perfect. Piston filler is smooth. Writes effortlessly....this is my first classified purchase "of substance" here at FPN, and I just wanted to let JellyBelly and everyone reading know how happy and satisfied this made me. :notworthy1:

Thank you so much for the reply. I am glad that you like the pen, and I really appreciate the kind words.

It has been an absolute pleasure to deal with you, and I am happy to have made yet another wonderful friend here on FPN :)

-- Abi

Edited by jellybelly1

I was trying to figure out how you guys know what nib sizes these are....being my first Meisterstück. Still not sure how to identify nibs other than knowing this is a two tone with broad shoulders, but I did a quick set of strokes with various pressures that I thought I would post. I varied the pressure while writing. Also image can be clicked to enlarge.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/pens/149s.jpg

Edited by SamCapote

Hi, I'm the buyer of the pen referred to in the link below and I just got my pen today, shipped to Japan.

I wanted to write here that I am really pleased with the pen I got. It writes so smoothly, with a solid, medium to bold line, and it is in excellent condition---just as described. I also want to add that Abi is a great seller to deal with, and his pens are not only as described but also in superb shape, also as he states. You couldn't ask for more.

Ron2

For a writing sample, please visit this following link to my other pen I just recently

sold :

Writing Sample of MB 149 Pen Recently Sold

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files