sheaffer nononsense

watch_art

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4457522140_4f7fb6e12c_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4457522754_23e507acb0_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/4456743561_4274eb331c_b.jpg

a shot of the red ink that came in the pen, and what it looked like with a bit of bullet proof black mixed in... of course it turned black after a while, but it was still pretty cool.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4456742015_f90f7f20b6_o.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• ethernautrix

• jar

• FooWriter

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmm.... the best image of the 'black cherry' that doesn't look BLACK is the very last image of just the words... it all looks black. weird. guess i reduced the image size from the scans too much to retain all the colors.

Neat. Now for some of the transparent models and the solid color models and the ...

I just gave a few pens to my mail man, a black NoNonsense delux (has the gold colored insert at the top and a plated nib and furniture and a couple Sheaffer School pens still in the blister pack and a herd of all the different color Sheaffer cartridge inks for his kids.

The Sheaffer cartridge pens and NoNonsense pens are about the best jess plain works pens ever made IMHO.

Sweet. :)

I wish I had artistic talent. On a good day, I might draw hoots of derision, but...

Edited by FooWriter

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/148/mikesignh6.gif

"A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral." –Antoine de Saint Exupéry

The Nonsense is one of the nicest student pens ever sold. I have just one, old style, and is one of my favorite pens, scuffed, scratched and all.

This is one of the best pen reviews ever! I love your illustrations and commentary. Between you and Steve Light, I am going to have to learn how to draw for my journal, dagnabbit.

I have a black Sheaffer No-Nonsense. It's a keeper.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Very nice review with all those drawings!!really fun to see it,and very interesting... :thumbup:

CPSC

LEARN how to draw??? just DO IT! set up something in front of you that, geometrically, is fairly simple, and look at it for what it is: a shape. pure and simple. all things around you are just shape and line. once you have that down, start throwing in shadows and textures and things like that.

draw draw then draw some more! show us what you got!

Great review, nicely done, thanks.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Great review, love those pens. What a blast from the past. For free I would have been tempted to give it 11/10 for cost! IMO they *really* need to start making these again.

"If we faked going to the Moon, why did we fake it nine times?" -- Apollo 16 astronaut Charlie Duke

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4447835438_d7314170bf_o.png

Shawn, another winner! I swear, you'd get us to buy a Bic with your reviews...although I'd sorta hate to read one from a pen you didn't like.

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

hehehe! thanks all. hmmm... maybe i'll have to write a review on a pen i don't like just to see what happens. :roflmho:

first i'd have to find a pen i don't like...

But I want to pick up a pen and draw like this: link. Right off the bat. Magically.

Sigh. Guess I'll have to practice.

oh yeah! i've seen those. beautiful. just look at them closely though. they're all still simple geometric shapes and line. with a bit of texture and shading thrown on top, they're stunning. like i said, set up some simple still life and draw the shapes of things.

This is way cool and great artwork at the same time. I can't wait until you review something like a MB 149 or a Dannitrio Mikado. Wait, it doesn't matter because this is such as great review that the pen almost becomes secondary. Thanks.

This is way cool and great artwork at the same time. I can't wait until you review something like a MB 149 or a Dannitrio Mikado. Wait, it doesn't matter because this is such as great review that the pen almost becomes secondary. Thanks.

WHOA! thanks!

if you want me to review one of those pens, you'd have to loan me one. those are a BIT out of my budget.

yikes, i just googled them both. if i ever bought ONE of them, i think i'd be in the doghouse (or divorced!).

can't get those on a teacher's salary.

but as long as i don't know what i'm missing i won't mind, right??? :roflmho:

and really, thanks for the great compliment. that means a lot to me.

nice review, watch-art! i feel sheepish after all the other comments, but i gotta tell you that i like your art drawing more than your hand-writing.... sooooorry! :roflmho:

great review tho'!!! :thumbup: i have 9 of these and still wanna get more of different colors.