• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Okami

• Pinmin

• sumgaikid

• leprechaun

Mall entrance was a meeting point and then maybe one of the restaurants? Ruby Tuesday?

Panera bread is there and some of their restaurants have a no fee private room--don't know about Brandon TC.

There is a restaurant right next door to Barnes & Noble,but I don't remember the name of it........

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Just got off the phone w/Panera Bread--for those that have never been there,their location is outside of the

mall,over by Macy's and Sears. You would take the main entrance off of SR 60,follow it `til it dead ends,then

turn left where it dead ends and follow the road `til you see Panera Bread.

John

Here is a spreadsheet of the inks I have in case anyone would like to see a particular ink - does any one have a glass calligraphy pen they could bring to try inks?

Julie's inks

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

There is a restaurant right next door to Barnes & Noble,but I don't remember the name of it........

John

Ooooo ooooo I know I know...Macaroni Grill! ;-) There is also a Smokey Bones BBQ, but it didn't look open/active when I drove there a couple weeks ago (and I am unimpressed with their website).

Please post pictures after!

We can trust the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. - Immanual Kant

John

Ooooo ooooo I know I know...Macaroni Grill! ;-) There is also a Smokey Bones BBQ, but it didn't look open/active when I drove there a couple weeks ago (and I am unimpressed with their website).

Please post pictures after!

Good memory! That's what it was--a Smokey Bones restaurant.

John

That works too

So, will it be B&N or Panera at 11 AM on 4-24? After a decision, a notice could be posted for all interested FPNers. Thanks.

That works too

So, will it be B&N or Panera at 11 AM on 4-24? After a decision, a notice could be posted for all interested FPNers. Thanks.

We will go ahead and meet at Panera Bread in the Brandon Towne Center instead of Barnes & Noble. The time as has been

stated earlier in this thread,will be 11 AM on 4/24.

Bring your pens,inks,paper--whatever you'd like to show off.

Hope to see you there!

John

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to bump this up in case there are any Suncoast Florida residents that haven't seen it yet:

Date: April 24

Time: 11 am

Place: Panera Bread Company in the Brandon Towne Center, Brandon

Looking forward to meeting everyone :thumbup:

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

I am penciling myself in as a *DEFINITE* more than likely for this! :P

I have a suggestion.

I almost started another thread here with this point, but figured I'd just add it here. Someone else can segregate it if they think it should be seperate from the meet info thread.

Julie kind of starting this with her inks lisiting but more "in reverse".

How 'bout we start a "I wanna try..." thread or sub-thread.

There's between all of us, probably a pretty unexhaustable supply of pens, inks, and papers. Perhaps the potential attendees would like to make note of specific examples of those they'd like to try (look at, hold, etc;) and haven't yet had the opportunity to.

Now, I actually consider myself pretty lucky in that pen and ink wise, I am basically content. (And will be even more content after Mike-It-Work does a few grinds for me at the Atlanta Pens show :puddle: ) Buttt, I AM still on this seemingly never-ending hunt for some light blue/ivory semi-smooth writing paper (with available envelopes) who's opacity allows for EASY use of a writing guide. I may try and hit a paper store or two in the Tampa area while I'm there but that withstanding, I'm pretty well set myself.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I'm moving back to Orlando in late June/early July, so hopefully I'll be able to meet some of ya'll face to face in the not too distant future.

:thumbup:

I think it's a must that pics are taken of this get-together! :thumbup:

John

Don't worry about that, I never leave home without a camera. The meetup will definitely be the subject of a blogpost.

In the hopes that we can really get this thing going I've created a few Facebook Group: Suncoast Florida Fountain Pen Fanatics Please join and invite your friends!!

I've also added our first event - so be sure to let us know if you can attend.

Edited by Okami