Iroshizuku: Fuyu-Gaki

Signum1

This wonderful ink review is for FPN member: PJohnP. Thanks for the vial of this ink.

The Review

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6003/scannedimagec.jpg

The Water Test

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6592/scannedimage2h.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lamyrada

• Davros

• Glenn-SC

• Signum1

I like its color when saturated, not so much through the Medium nib.

I would NOT like to see it through a Fine nib!

Thanks for the review.

Nice review, nice bright colour, thanks.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

I have a vial of this ink too. It is very interesting through a juicy broad nib, but through a fine nib it looks more like a peach than a persimmon.

Great review. Thanks!

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

I pass a Domtar mill every day on the way to work....not a pleasant experience....Glad to see some good use come out of the smoke and foul fumes....

Nice review, nice color!

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

It looks similar to my Skrip Red, if my monitor is 'seeing' it correctly. Skrip Red is very bright with orangy undertones.

I'm glad you liked this ink. I've enjoyed using it at different times - it's a distinctive ink.

And yes, I've also enjoyed the PPBI...

John P.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

2015: I bought this ink. You can't see it if used ona fine nib, believe me. Don't buy it.

2015: I bought this ink. You can't see it if used ona fine nib, believe me. Don't buy it.

Hmm. I use it in a fine nib all the time, for editing and markup. The pen is moderately wet, and the paper is white-soft white. It is pretty bright; I don't tend to write pages with it in a fine nib - but it's definitely legible and eyecatching.

Hmm. I use it in a fine nib all the time, for editing and markup. The pen is moderately wet, and the paper is white-soft white. It is pretty bright; I don't tend to write pages with it in a fine nib - but it's definitely legible and eyecatching.

WELL, I used a Pilot Prera and it wouldn't complete a line. Maybe it needs some lubricating? I can try again with a Namiki Falcon Fine. It would be great if I could use it in the Namiki, but I will have to wait until I use up the Kon-Peki it has.

I have a Diamine Blaze Orange that I can only use with medium and broad nibs. I don't know why I cannot use yellows, oranges, the lightest colors,; but I will give it a try!

The only Prera I ever tried was dry bordering on desiccated, but I don't know if that's normal.

I could not resist. I emptied my Namiki Falcon, and filled it with fuyu-gaki... What a nice surprise! It writes perfectly well and wet and the ink looks beautiful! Yes! This is wonderful! It seems the problem lies on the Prera which nib is so thin, only certain inks flow properly. So far I have only used Noodler's Black and very dark Blues with the Prera for that reason. The Prera works for me because i use it to draw very fine lines; it has a special purpose.

Edited by Lamyrada

• 3 weeks later...

I've used this ink in my Falcon, which was great. And also in my TWSBI Diamond 580 with a fine nib. It's very wet and looks great, more like a medium, very saturated colour.