Diamine Majestic Blue

maschuu

By far my favorite ink right now, so it was easy to choose this one for my first review here on FPN :)

post-21436-126669514947.jpg

Edited by maschuu

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maschuu

• corniche

• fjf

• Gran

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I have been giving a lot of thought as to which inks I would like to purchase next. I have been considering the Diamine lines, and since I really only ever consider Black or Blue inks I was pleased to see your scan. But, unfortunately one can never be certain how truly reflective of the actual color is being displayed on the screen. Do you think the computer image is close to the physical documents color?

Having read several other Diamine Ink Reviews which rate their ink pretty high I am fairly certain I will not be wasting my money should I buy some. I will look for Diamine's Majestic Blue; I have a local stationary/pen store which carries that brand.

Lou

I'm glad you ask this, since it gave me the chance to look at it again.

It was actually a bit too light in the first version.

I now adjusted the first post, and now on my monitor it is very close to the real one.

What sadly the scanner totally misses are the red reflections the ink gets when dry.

Maybe i can capture them by camera, but it's already dark where i live ;)

I see if i can try to get this done tomorrow morning.

This was the second ink I bought, and even though I had to wait a month for FPH to have it in stock, it was worth it. It's a wonderful, saturated dark blue, and dries relatively fast. Majestic Blue performs well in both my Sailor Sapporo and Procolor. Definitely a keeper.

I'd love to see this compared to Levenger Cobalt.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

I might get a bottle of this again, maybe my first bottle had a bad forumula or something... It had bad characteristics. But i really like the midnight.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

Thank you very much for the nice review. I have a sample of this. It made a very good first impression. Brilliant, smooth, perhaps as brilliant as Visconti blue, although darker.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

I love Majestic Blue, I have remember to use other inks from time to time.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

By far my favorite ink right now, so it was easy to choose this one for my first review here on FPN :)

Interesting that you comment on the fact that with this ink the nib dries out quickly when the pen is uncapped and not in use.

I have noticed this with other Diamine ink (e.g. Jet Black) too and wonder whether this is a fairly common characteristic with Diamine.

B.

Interesting that you comment on the fact that with this ink the nib dries out quickly when the pen is uncapped and not in use.

I have noticed this with other Diamine ink (e.g. Jet Black) too and wonder whether this is a fairly common characteristic with Diamine.

B.

In my other pens Majestic Blue doesn't exhibit this problem, and other Diamine Inks i tried in the M605 (Midnight Blue and Sapphire Blue) also didn't dry out that fast.

Good review of a great ink. I am currently using it in my VP with no nib drying problems. Flow is perfect. If you are looking for an extra -rich saturated blue ink this is the one for you.

I can't wait! It's in the mail right now, along with Midnight Blue, Monaco Red and Sailor Nano. :bunny01:

Thanks for the review! These help so much in deciding which colors to buy.

I'm glad you ask this, since it gave me the chance to look at it again.

It was actually a bit too light in the first version.

I now adjusted the first post, and now on my monitor it is very close to the real one.

What sadly the scanner totally misses are the red reflections the ink gets when dry.

Maybe i can capture them by camera, but it's already dark where i live wink.gif

I see if i can try to get this done tomorrow morning.

I've reached my decision; this will be my next ink purchase! This ink seems to be, both in the samples I've seen posted and the descriptions of its characteristics, the blue I'm looking for and an ink I can trust to use in my Pelikan.

There are soooo many choices of inks, (makers, and colors with a vast variety of shades), that finding the one that is just what you want could turn out to be very time consuming, and a bit expensive. It’s really great that we have this forum, and I appreciate the people who take the time to share their findings and thoughts with the rest of us, especially with someone like myself whose fountain pen experience is limited.

Thanks again, Lou

I just got this ink recently. I've been writing all week with it in my Pelikan 800 xf. I really like this ink!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this ink recently. I've been writing all week with it in my Pelikan 800 xf. I really like this ink!

I really like the look of this ink on paper. However, the OP's comment about the nib drying very quickly when uncapped has me a bit concerned.

Have you observed this with the XF nib on your 800?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the thorough review. I find this ink rivals Visconti blue both in smoothness and vivid color.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

I just received Majestic Blue in today's mail. My first impression? LOVE IT. The color is beautiful and I'm sure I'll be using it regularly. Thanks for the review.

www.lettermatters.com

P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

The Majestic Blue ink was in my first set of 30 ml sample bottles I ordered from Diamine during the Easter sale.

I liked it so much, I ordered a full size bottle, luckily still during the After Easter sale!

Wonderful deep blue with a touch of violet.