#1 mooshi

mooshi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2010 - 21:33

What pens are the Plumix nibs interchangeable with, if any? I really like how my Plumix writes, but I'd like it in a nicer body, and one with a clip. I was optimistically hoping that it'd fit the Prera... Any thoughts?

Also, are there any other italic nibs that run with that small width of the Plumix (without the need for getting it custom ground)? I like the size, as I have tiny writing... How big is it compared to say, a Lamy Joy with the smallest available width?

Thanks.

-- Moo

#2 Arts11

Arts11

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 00:11

The Plumix nib should fit the Prera, 78G, and I believe the Knight as well.

#3 HenryLouis

HenryLouis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 00:12

Well from what I see from a quick google search it's the same nib that's on a Pilot 78G, Pilot prera, and the pilot penmanship. I think the prera would have the sturdiest body but imo the looks of the 78G are nicer, unless you like a lot of color choice (and it's not a great choice, the colors are not attractive, imo) with the prera.

Hmn. I'm not sure what the nib width of the pilot prera italic is... Perhaps the 78G B nib (which is an italic) would be of similar line width.

I ground my lamy M nib into a nice stub, perhaps that should be something to consider. Without the nib grind it was excessively smooth, fat and wet. So I ground it and now it has perfect flow and control, and a decent amount of line variation. It's line width isn't thick at all.

Here are some photos, you can't really see the line variation but it's better than the M since i can use it for notes:

(btw, the ink is MB B/B, similar to your Lamy B/B... Awesome ink!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by HenryLouis, 17 February 2010 - 00:13.

Posted Image

#4 mooshi

mooshi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:25

Thank you for the replies. Thank you, Henry, for the writing samples. :)

I wasn't aware that the Pilot Prera and Penmanship came with italic nibs. They looked like "normal" ones from the pictures I saw on JetPens. Or were you saying that it's the same nib, but ground to a different "style" and size?

I found this, so I guess they would be interchangeable. The Plumix just has the stubbed nib while the Penmanship has an EF nib??

Thanks again.

-- Moo