The Marketplace has become a very busy place nowadays. The huge rise in membership numbers has brought with it some changes in how these forums are being used, and that's particularly so in the 'For Sale' forum, which is the busiest area of the Marketplace.
- The 'For Sale' forum is intended to be a place for ordinary members to sell their own pens and related items to other FPN members. It is NOT intended to attract members whose sole participation on FPN is the Marketplace. Members conducting business this way may have their access to the Marketplace revoked. Accordingly, a member must have at least 30 posts and be registered for 30 days before they can post sales in the Marketplace. This restriction will not be grandfathered.
- Professional pen sellers and/or businesses may post in the general "For Sale" sub forum, but the content must be presented on FPN and not simply a link to an external website or an advertisement of a sale (which would belong in the Marketwatch).
- Classifieds are for the explicit sale of an item or items and must have a brand/model description, nib size, including LE/serial number if the pen has one, one or more images, as well as item condition, asking price, country of origin, and payment methods accepted. Yes, a seller supplied image is REQUIRED to display the actual item(s) being sold, and must not be a copyrighted 3rd party image. Please follow the FPN guidelines on posting images, which is within 800x800 pixels and not greater than 300Kb. Clear, detailed, and revealing of useful details (nib, filling system, etc) is of course appreciated and will help the sale. You may attach images if you have sufficient space or use an external image hosting website for your images (such as Picasa, Photobucket, Flickr, etc), as long as you display them in the post (a link alone is insufficient). See HERE for more details.
- Payment methods accepted are entirely up to the seller. However, if PayPal is used, the following rules must be followed as mandated by the PayPal company:
a. No citing of PayPal fees added on top of the stated item price are permitted. Prices should already include the accommodation of any fees.
b. Buyers must not use the "Personal Payment" method. That type of payment is intended for amounts sent only to a friend or family member without a purchase. Personal Payments include, but are not limited to, sending a gift to a friend, or paying a friend back for your share of a lunch bill. Personal Payments must only be sent between two individual persons (not to or from a business). Also note that PayPal buyer protection is declined when paying for an item designated as a "gift".
c. PayPal payment type accepted (e.g. cash/bank or credit card) must be specified.
- Multiple items should be sold in no more than 3 classified topics per day. Flooding FPN with more than 3 topics in a single day may result in all posts removed.
- A sale topic may be 'bumped' by the seller only ONCE every 24 hours, using the 'bump' topic button. A post made by the seller with the intention to bump the topic is not allowed, and the topic may be pulled (this includes postings with extraneous information that could be easily added to the main post). Posts may continue via buyer/seller discussion of the item, though.
- eBay listings are NOT allowed in the For Sale sub forum -- they are accepted only in Market Watch.
- If you find a problem with what a seller has posted, then contact them directly to discuss. If an item is overpriced in your opinion, keep that to yourself and do not interfere. However, if you have questions about an item, you are welcome to ask them in the sale thread. If you suspect a fraudulent item, click on the post Report button and submit your concerns.
- Please do not use a Classified posting as a discussion venue off topic. Please make postings related directly to the item(s) for sale.
- NO AUCTIONS ARE PERMITTED, except in the Charity Auction sub forum.
- All sellers must provide contact e-mail details within their sales post.
Thank you all for your continued support and good luck with your transactions! And lastly, remember "Caveat Emptor". Use your own good judgment on making a purchase. The FPN staff is unable to mediate buyer/seller disputes.
Edited by Carrie, 09 January 2011 - 12:48.