Next MB WE

djrsf42

I just left the MB store in San Francisco, and I was told that the next WE is going to be Mark Twain!!! I know I'll have to purchase this fp! I'm stoked! Sorry if this topic has already been posted! I remember saying in another post how MB should do a Twain, and a lot of people disagreed w/ me because Conklin has a Twain. I guess MB thinks Twain is worthy!!! I'm really excited! I haven't seen any pictures though.Twain rules!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• humphrey351

• Ghost Plane

• meiers

• bengine

Twain is definitely worthy of MB homage. If he were alive today he would

no doubt mercilessly poke fun at the whole notion ... and happily pocket his royalty fees.

– MJ

Great, another (probably) awesome pen I won't be able to afford ><

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Yay-next WE (drool).

Twain is a great writer.

Cant wait to see what this pen is going to look like. If it will be as good as the Mann then we are in for a treat.

It would be nice if it will be design around the 139 like the Hemi and Dumas.

Thank you for the info :)

Edited by goodguy

Respect to all

yep, Twain is definately one that is overdue in the Writers series. In another thread I posted this and also gave a spoiler on some others that are coming out next year....

I copied it below so you don't have to search it out, in underlined black is the original post, red denotes updated info:

However, in 2010 the Meisterstuck family (Classique and LeGrand) are going to get a special treatment similar to the 100 year anniversary addition of the Starwalker. The idea is to replace the traditional top (snowcap if you will) with a clear lucite version housing a MB cut diamond.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no "real" pictures of any prototypes yet, just some cheezy photoshop creations....I'm still a little on the fence for this one. Should be release mid-year.

2010 will be a nice year for MB and its releases. Beginning of the year will see another variation of the Starwalker...from what I've seen it looks like they will be doing an engraved barreling similar similar to the Doue version, called the Midnight Black, two version are coming out....a resin line with ruthenium fittings, and a metal version done in ruthenium plating. The clip looks like it will be done in a deep black as well...very cool!

The Etoile will see some new variations come October as well. (lacquer finishes)

Some Meisterstuck porcelain writing instruments will come out around October as well. (LeGrand Fountain pen and Rollerball, white porcelain and black porcelain, having rose gold trim and a MB diamond in place of the resin white snowcap)

February will see the new Patron of the Arts....Elizabeth I

August will see the new Writers series....Mark Twain (and from what I hear, it looks as though rollerballs are now going to be a regular in the writers series line-up.

And the piece de resistance in September, the new Donation series release will be................

Drum roll please.......

John Lennon!!

Now at this time I don't have pictures, and honestly, don't know when I will get some. Please don't go running into your nearest boutique either, I can almost guarantee they will not even know of these releases unless they are really good....like me!

As I said, when I get some pics, I will post them up....and maybe by weeks beginning I might have some John Lennon Donation pens pics to post....so keep tuned!!!

Mike

Edited by humphrey351

The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your whole life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

-Katsumoto (from the Last Samurai)

yep, Twain is definately one that is overdue in the Writers series. In another thread I posted this and also gave a spoiler on some others that are coming out next year....

I copied it below so you don't have to search it out, in blue is the original post, red denotes updated info:

However, in 2010 the Meisterstuck family (Classique and LeGrand) are going to get a special treatment similar to the 100 year anniversary addition of the Starwalker. The idea is to replace the traditional top (snowcap if you will) with a clear lucite version housing a MB cut diamond.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no "real" pictures of any prototypes yet, just some cheezy photoshop creations....I'm still a little on the fence for this one. Should be release mid-year.

2010 will be a nice year for MB and its releases. Beginning of the year will see another variation of the Starwalker...from what I've seen it looks like they will be doing an engraved barreling similar similar to the Doue version, called the Midnight Black, two version are coming out....a resin line with ruthenium fittings, and a metal version done in ruthenium plating. The clip looks like it will be done in a deep black as well...very cool!

The Etoile will see some new variations come October as well. (lacquer finishes)

Some Meisterstuck porcelain writing instruments will come out around October as well. (LeGrand Fountain pen and Rollerball, white porcelain and black porcelain, having rose gold trim and a MB diamond in place of the resin white snowcap)

August will see the new Writers series....Mark Twain (and from what I hear, it looks as though rollerballs are now going to be a regular in the writers series line-up.

And the piece de resistance in September, the new Donation series release will be................

Drum roll please.......

Thanks for the info, I think a John Lennon pen is a pretty cool too!

John Lennon!!

Now at this time I don't have pictures, and honestly, don't know when I will get some. Please don't go running into your nearest boutique either, I can almost guarantee they will not even know of these releases unless they are really good....like me!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

When will it come out--I need to start saving now!!

www.stevelightart.com

I copied it below so you don't have to search it out, in underlined black is the original post, red denotes updated info:

Drum roll please.......

John Lennon!!

As I said, when I get some pics, I will post them up....and maybe by weeks beginning I might have some John Lennon Donation pens pics to post....so keep tuned!!!

Mike

Interesting news Mike

2010 sounds big for MB fans

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

Nah, you ink it, but never tell anyone. <wink>

Just hope they don't make it as tacky as the other "womens" pens.

What's going on the nib?

A raft? biggrin.gif

A corncob pipe? laugh.gif

Maaaaaaaaahhhrk Toooooowaaaaaaain! A Mississippi paddle-wheel riverboat, I think.

R.A.

No matter where you go, there you are.

What's going on the nib?

A raft? biggrin.gif

Maaaaaaaaahhhrk Toooooowaaaaaaain! A Mississippi paddle-wheel riverboat, I think.

R.A.

Maybe, it'll be just Mark Twain's photo there. :rolleyes:

What's going on the nib?

A raft? biggrin.gif

R.A.

Maybe, it'll be just Mark Twain's photo there. rolleyes.gif

How about a picket fence? Of course I think the paddleboat would look great!

Connie

I blog... HouseWife with a Day Job

Yay-next WE (drool).

Twain is a great writer.

Cant wait to see what this pen is going to look like. If it will be as good as the Mann then we are in for a treat.

Thank you for the info smile.gif

If it's based on the 139, I will definitely pick it up.

Matt

Yay-next WE (drool).

Twain is a great writer.

Thank you for the info smile.gif

If it's based on the 139, I will definitely pick it up.

Matt

I'll pick it up even if it looks like a frog but it would be much nicer if it looks like the 139 :)

Respect to all