4 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Anderson

Brian Anderson

Esterbrook Nut

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 03:34

I've been working on an update for my website on some Esterbrook ephemera. I'm finally done with this phase, and there are some new pages with Esterbrook boxes, re-new-point boxes, dip pen nib boxes, ephemera, and instruction sheets.

Lots of fun stuff, if you're into Esterbrook. Enjoy!! :)

www.esterbrook.net

Best-
Brian
www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.
Posted Image

#2 KendallJ

KendallJ

Objectivist

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 13:12

Hey Brian, this is very cool site. I tell you what, when experts like you are able to condense and communicate what you know, its really a benefit to us all, and makes the hobby that much more interesting.

I for one was very familiar with the Esterbrook J series, but didn't realize all the other models made. There is as big a history here it seem as Parker or Sheaffer!

I especially like the marbled color of the early visualiated J's. I think I m ight have to put one on my list!

Thanks so much.
Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Quent Cordair Fine Art
The Addison Gallery

#3 Karin

Karin

experienced pen lover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2005 - 14:33

Hi Brian,
What a fantastic site. I found all of the Esties that I own there and can now properly identify them. The early Relief pens are gorgeous.
Thanks so much for sharing this information.
Fountain Pen Abundance

#4 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• Admin Hon.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,304 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:07

Great site, Brian :)
Lots of info on a pen company that obviously produced more than just the J series of pens we know and love!

Thanks also for that page on replacing the round black plastic Esterbrook jewels---very handy....
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#5 Brian Anderson

Brian Anderson

Esterbrook Nut

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:35

I appreciate all the posiive feedback on my site. It's a constant work in progress and I have some big plans for this year. Lots of cool stuff to put up and *hopefully* a new, better camera (cross your fingers) for better more professional quality pics.

As to the visulated pens, they're really pretty pens, and the plastic Esterbrook used for the visulated section doesn't stain. Every visulated pen I own has come crystal clear when cleaned, regardless of how much or what color of ink was in them. Esterbrook was always playing the "catch-up" game with bigger manufacturers, but they did manage to actually get the visulated section part right. ;)

Which reminds me, I think I have a blue visulated around here I haven't restored yet. Might make for a fun evening project. The blue visulated is one of my favorite colors. :)

Best-
Brian
www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.
Posted Image