1 reply to this topic

#1 Commodore

Commodore

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:42

I just thought I would let the group know that Bertram’s Inkwell, www.bertramsinkwell.com, has begun a nation-wide recycle program for ballpoint, gel, and rollerball pen. Bertram’s Inkwell will credit $1.00 for each empty refill replaced and recycle all refills mailed or brought into its White Flint location whether it is replaced or not. Bertram’s Inkwell will also credit 15 cents for each empty fountain pen ink cartridge toward the purchase of a new inkcartridge.

The program begins Friday September 25, 2009 at its White Flint store in the North Bethesda area at 10:00 AM. The recycle program is designed to reduce the increasing number of refills cluttering the landfills across America. You can get more information here: http://web.me.com/co...le_Program.html

During the weekend of Friday and Saturday, September 25th and 26th, Bertram’s Inkwell will enter the names of every “recycler” into a drawing for prizes to be awarded on Saturday. The grand prize will be the Delta Darwin Evolution fountain pen with a retail cost of $795. The second and third prizes are $50 and $25 worth of refills. Participants do not need to be present to win.

Bert Oser, the owner of the store told me: “We probably have the largest collection of refills in the United States. I looked at our wall of refills recently and reflected on what they might be doing to the environment. So I decided to do something about it.”

The recycle program is designed to let recyclers nationwide mail in their refills and get refills by return mail, postage paid. Shoppers at Bertram’s Inkwell can leave the store with a self-mailer; others can order a refill self-mailer by e-mailing Bertram’s Inkwell at recycle@bertramsinkwell.com. There is no charge for the return postage if mailed within the United States.

There is no time limit on the program. You can send ask for a refill envelope at any time and get the $1.00 credit toward a new refill.

Any questions? Call Bert at 301-468-6939

Jim Stevenson

James P. Stevenson | President
Strategic Planning Group, LLC
1 Tindal Springs Ct. | Montgomery Village, MD 20886
T: 202-684-6262 | jpstevenson@comcast.net

#2 Yuki Onitsura

Yuki Onitsura

I ink, therefore I am

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:44

Great initiative from the folks at Bertrams =)

Yuki
Posted Image
Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~