Erfobay

hari317

Hi,

I am posting this in this forum since the ebay dealer Erfobay used to mostly deal in vintage MBs. any idea what happened? she is no longer registered in ebay when she had sold 1000USD plus LEs yesterday night!!

I had bought some excellent MBs from her in the past.

Thanks!

hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• sumgaikid

• Ed Ronax

• eric47

It's happened to me a few times over the years -- typoing a payment amount on seller fees will do it if you ignore it long enough.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

It's happened to me a few times over the years -- typoing a payment amount on seller fees will do it if you ignore it long enough.

Hi, can you elaborate a little more pls, i did not understand, an ebay newbie that I am.

Thanks!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I don't know the seller, but selling one day and de-registered the next is a little worrying........

Yes indeed, what is the recourse if the goods never arrive? since the seller is de-registered, negative feedbacks will have no meaning. Of course I am not saying that Erfobay will do this, just discussing a hypothetical scenario.

Hi, can you elaborate a little more pls, i did not understand, an ebay newbie that I am.

Let's say I have seller fees of $11.80 and pay $11.08 and don't notice I owe eBay $0.72.

After a certain number of days, they'll shut off my account and it'll show that I'm "no longer registered."

I happen to be dysnumeric, so it's happened more than once. Not so much now that they make it easier, but you used to actually have to remember the number from one page to the next....

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Let's say I have seller fees of $11.80 and pay $11.08 and don't notice I owe eBay $0.72.

After a certain number of days, they'll shut off my account and it'll show that I'm "no longer registered."

I happen to be dysnumeric, so it's happened more than once. Not so much now that they make it easier, but you used to actually have to remember the number from one page to the next....

Thanks Dierdre, I have never sold on ebay, if this is what happened and ebay shut off their account, then it is not serious and my panic was uncalled for. Erfobay is a good seller, I speak as a satisfied customer. NAYY

Thanks!

I don't know the seller, but selling one day and de-registered the next is a little worrying........

Yes indeed, what is the recourse if the goods never arrive? since the seller is de-registered, negative feedbacks will have no meaning. Of course I am not saying that Erfobay will do this, just discussing a hypothetical scenario.

What the recourse if the goods never arrived? You open a dispute, and I'm pretty sure it will be in your favor in case like this. Remember it's all over eBay when you bid and sell, it's a contract, blah, blah, blah. It's not (just) about getting negative and postive feedback.

I think don't think this would happen with erfobay; from prior dealings I suspect she's someone who will ship the goods to those that paid, despite being deregistered.

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

I think don't think this would happen with erfobay; from prior dealings I suspect she's someone who will ship the goods to those that paid, despite being deregistered.

100% agree, I had excellent dealings with her.

This very same thing as Deirdre, "no longer a registered member" thing happened to me a few years ago, the unpayed fee, £0.04, thats right 4p and thats despite me hitting the pay all fees button, they hadn't deducted the correct amount, not my fault, was corrected with a phone call, but that could be a similar situation to this seller.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

I agree with Deidre and Ed. This must just be some small administrative mix up.

In regards to Monica (who is Erfobay), I believe Monica is an excellent seller. I have bought from her a few times and in fact yesterday a Medici arrived that I purchased from her outside of ebay. I have enough trust in her that I now just buy from her directly. She is a very good seller in my experience.

Sean

Assuming payment was by PayPal in accordance with all the protection procedures, you should be OK (eventually) for a refund if the goods don't arrive.

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

I agree with Deidre and Ed. This must just be some small administrative mix up.

In regards to Monica (who is Erfobay), I believe Monica is an excellent seller. I have bought from her a few times and in fact yesterday a Medici arrived that I purchased from her outside of ebay. I have enough trust in her that I now just buy from her directly. She is a very good seller in my experience.

Sean

Sean,

Exactly my experience with Monica, although I have always purchased from her through eBay. I have seen this happen before with respected eBay sellers as Deidre has explained and hope that this is just a temporary hiatus for Monica on eBay. She has sold some fantastic vintage pens.

Mark

Edited by Diamondback

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try" Mark Twain (American Humourist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

Does anyone have her email to ask before a good seller gets a ruined rep from gossip?

Hi GP,

I sent an email to Monica this morning mentioning the ebay problem. I am sure she already knows of it, but I figure it would not hurt to send it.

I have not heard back from her but I did trade emails with her last week and I did receive a pen from her today so I am sure everything will work out just fine.

Not to take this post far off topic but I would bet this is a problem on ebay or paypal's side. For sellers like Monica which do such huge volume but are not at the level of a superstore (like buy.com) the regulations are really onerous. It is quite possible that they just changed a minor rule (like the minimum reserve she has to keep in paypal) and she missed it because she mistook it for spam (for example). So I am really confident that this has nothing to do with Monica herself and that she will figure it out as quickly as ebay will let her resolve it.

Sean

For what it's worth, I have gotten a couple of pens from Monica (Erfobay), including a *very* nice Waterman 7 Blue-nibbed/banded set in amazing condition (Stub of my dreams!). She was wonderful to deal with, had excellent communication, and seemed very focused on good customer service and her reputation as a good seller (from what I can tell). Very satisfied customer.

While I have no information about why she would be de-registered, I would tend to think it was some eBay error, and not something she did. I hope she gets re-registered soon - she sells some great pens!

Edited by kushbaby

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any news on this? I've bought from her before and always keep an eye on her sales. Just wondering what happened?

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

I sent her a message yesterday to see what happened. She said that both her eBay and PayPal account were hacked. She said that they have promised that in the next couple of weeks she can get back to selling.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2781/4106561203_c27defd819_o.jpg

Does she have a website or e-mail address where she can be contacted directly?

I've watched her sales on fleabay over the years and have been impressed with

the types of pens that she's put up for sale.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

I have also bought from Monica before. Her service and pens were excellent. It is really unfortunate that she is thrown off. Hopefully everything works out again.