61 replies to this topic

#61 HelzBelz

HelzBelz

Passionate about Pelikans, dizzy for Diamine

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 21:06

One of the reasons I use fountain pens almost exclusively is for the vast array of purple inks. ninja.gif I'd assume it says that purple is my favourite colour.

Actually, i've stopped putting my student number in purple on essays, because it was too easy to tell which one was mine. Not so much a big deal in terms of the markers, who can usually recognise my writing anyway, but I'd rather the whole seminar group couldn't tell my grade from the colour ink I filled out the assessment form in. So now I use either blue or black, and then don't recognise my essays because I look for the purple one. That was a roundabout way of saying that I use purple so much that people can tell if a pen's mine if its ink is purple.

And for what it's worth, my current favourite purples are Waterman Violet and Diamine Damson.
Inked: Pelikan 400nn, Pilot VP, Pelikan M400, Pelikan M200, Pelikan 400, Pelikan M101n, Esterbrook SJ
| <a href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/27410410@N05/>Flickr</a>

#62 Tricia

Tricia

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 23:18

Love purple inks... Noodler's Purple Wampum is a favorite, along with Purple Martin. Add in PR's Purple Ebony, MB's Violet, CdA Storm, Levenger's Amethyst. Then there are the ones that lean toward the red: N's Nightshade, I's Yama Budo, H's Larmes de Cassis, FPN's Tulipe Noire. And the ones that lean toward the blue: H's Violet, Aurora's Blue...

Not sure what all it says about me other than I love and use purple inks. biggrin.gif

"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini