Modern Conway Stewart Colour Codes

Mary Burke

I notice there are many posts that refer to colour identification, whether it be by having images of the pen or trying to figure out the barrel code number. So, to help you identify the colour on your modern Conway Stewart pen, below is a list of the majority of colours with their corresponding numbers. Some of these colours are no longer available, but I thought it would be interesting to share with you this information.

AMBER 605

AMETHYST 621

AUTUMN 548

AZURE 625

BLACK WHIRL 626

BLUE STARDUST 390

BLUE TIFFANY O3

BRACKETS BROWN 368

BRONZE 609

BROWN WHIRL 374

BURGUNDY BLUSH 623

BUTTONFILL BURGUNDY 611

CARDINAL RED 547

CHERRY BLOSSOM PINK 808

CHERRY RED 617

CLASSIC BLACK O58

CLASSIC CLARET 384

CLASSIC GREEN 472

COPPER BRONZE 544

CORAL GREEN 620

CRACKED ICE (CASEIN)556

CRÈME DE MENTHE 557

CRIMSON BLUSH 392

DARTMOOR 615

DEMO 601

EMERALD GREEN 610

FIRE RED 552

FLECKED AUTUMN 376

FLAME RED OO7

FLECKED AMETHYST 377

FRESIAN 624

GARNET RED 394

GREEN WHIRL 370

HEATHER 604

HONEY NOIRE 606

IVORY (CASEIN) O15

LAPIS BLUE 382

LAVA 543

LAVENDER 543

LE TIGRE 549

LILAC 909

MARBLE BLUE 471

METEOR 381

MINT GREEN 707

NEBULA 378

OCEAN BLUE 551

OPAL 618

ORANGE WHIRL 629

OXFORD BLUE STRIPE 602

PATRIOT 603

PEACH MELBA 627

PEPPERED WHITE 383

PURPLE AMETHYST 607

QUARTZ BURGUNDY 608

QUARTZ GREEN 614

QUARTZ WHITE 616

RAZOR SHELL 375

RED STARDUST 391

RED WHIRL 375

SANDSTONE 395

SAPPHIRE BLUE 622

SCARLET WHIRL 628

SEA GREEN 546

SEPIA BLUE 548

SHERBET LEMON 545

SHINGLE 379

SILVER STORM 612

SILVER STREAK 619

STORM 396

TURQUOISE FLECK 393

WHITE WHIRL 372

WOODGRAIN 613

WOODLAND GREEN 553

YELLOW TIFFANY 554

YELLOW WHIRL 371

Edited by Carrie

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carrie

• Mary Burke

• RMN

• dandelion

I can pin the pdf link and attachment to this forum if people here feel that it is a good idea.

Warmest,

Mary Burke

I think that sounds like a great idea!

I can pin the pdf link and attachment to this forum if people here feel that it is a good idea.

Warmest,

Mary Burke

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

Yep!

I think that sounds like a great idea!

Warmest,

Mary Burke

-- dreg

• 5 weeks later...

I've just pinned this topic and wondered if people would also like to post actual pen pictures along with details of the colour of their pen. If it makes it easier I could then sort the pics into one or two posts sorted alphabetically by colour and credited to the original poster.

Here's an image that Mary's posted previously.

http://mvburke.com/images/resins/a-to-c.jpg

http://mvburke.com/images/resins/d-to-l.jpg

http://mvburke.com/images/resins/m-to-r.jpg

http://mvburke.com/images/resins/s-to-w.jpg

Edited by Carrie

CS 58 in Heather.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3651/3570656470_ec59d2d783.jpg

Hi

Thank you for the colour chart. I'd like CS to put up a archive of their pens in the actual colours on their site though. I've just bought a couple of 58's in the recent promotion. I was very unsure of what they would look like despite seeing "sample" colours. I got a heather and a turquoise fleck and they are great. I'm really pleased with them. I'm sure an actual photos of pens in all the colours would help in decision making rather than just seeing a swatch.

Best

GF

• 8 months later...

I guess it must have been removed because so many of the resins are no longer available. I've just left the colour code link up.

• 3 months later...

The resin colours are back now, but please remember that many of these are now discontinued colours.

• 9 months later...

Hello Carrie,

thank you for the colour poster.

It's very helpful for me and I must say CS has very fascinating colours.

I like the classic green that's why I ordered the Curchill in this colour.

I also like the classic brown (bracket brown.

It look's very luxury.

Thank you.

Sascha

• 10 months later...

Mary - any idea what colour my Wellington is? It is a red but the code is not listed above: 635.

Too many pens; too little writing.

• 11 months later...

Great colour chart, great way to pass the time :)

/http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/858372_558495127508117_649985064_o.jpg

• 5 months later...

glad that I bought the marbled blue churchill

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

glad that I bought the marbled blue churchill

I like blues, and judging from those pics you posted it is one of the best, right next to the blue stardust (like on the Trafalgar pen)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 3 months later...

Mary - what does the 2nd number on the barrel indicate? For example, I have a "Winston" pen that reads "058/108". I initially thought that this meant my pen was the 58th pen made of 108 total pens, but I see now that "058" is the color - in this case "Classic Black". So what does the "108" indicate?

It is a bit confusing.

For LE pens, it is number xxx form a total issue of yyy.

For nonLE pens, it is the xxxth pen in colour number zzz.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 5 months later...

Such an amazing range of colours. I'm liking these pens more and more, especially as I have found out that they are a British brand (sorry for the snobbish-ness). I may have to increase my savings to fork out for one of these. Is it true that you should use how you write the letter 'e' to determine what nib size you should write with?

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne