Thistle Co. Blue-Black

dizzypen

This is my workhorse ink. I use it to write drafts and to take notes in class. It is amazingly well-behaved even on the cheapest of papers. This is mixed at 3x strength. One packet gave me about 10 oz.

A few main points:

No feathering

No bleedthrough

No smearing

Dry in about 4 seconds

Medium flow: not too dry and not too wet.

Amazing shading!

http://images44.fotki.com/v1471/fileTGOK/b581f/4/1482744/7318469/Thistlereview.jpg

ETA: I updated the photo to try to correct the color's appearance on the screen. The ink is a true blue black. In the reform it is a little light and leans heavily toward blue-green.

Edited by dizzypen

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dizzypen

• bossy

• lovemy51

• Balog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it just my monitor, or is that more of a grey? Also, where'd you buy it?

"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

Is it just my monitor, or is that more of a grey? Also, where'd you buy it?

No it is not gray. I updated the photo to try to correct for the color. Is that better? It should look like a lightish blue-black that leans blue-green. I got it from Australian ebayer Vanviking. I'm not sure if he has any left.

Nice review! I'm glad the ink mixing adventure turned out so well. It's an attractive color.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

Well, it's better but it still looks pretty washed out. Probably my cheap, old work monitor.

"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

Well, it's better but it still looks pretty washed out. Probably my cheap, old work monitor.

Well it is a little washed out in this pen, but some of the problem is that it is an overcast day, so I'm having problems getting the ink to show true to color. I'll try again.

Ok here is another view. The sun is trying to peep through the clouds to I snapped this over by the window. On my monitor it is true to color.

http://images49.fotki.com/v1459/fileLzrE/b581f/4/1482744/7318469/Thistlesample.jpg

???

post-5044-1239808643_thumb.jpg

Edited by bossy

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

Ok this just goes to show how monitors make all the difference. I am on another computer and everything looks completely different. :gaah:

Edited by dizzypen

Ok here is another view. The sun is trying to peep through the clouds to I snapped this over by the window. On my monitor it is true to color.

http://images49.fotki.com/v1459/fileLzrE/b581f/4/1482744/7318469/Thistlesample.jpg

Sorry for the offtopic, but reading the recipe...mix all the ingredients and later bake in the oven/microwave? for how long? :rolleyes:

Ok this is driving me nuts! On my Laptop you can click the photos to enlarge them, but on this pc you can't, and everything is too small to see. so here are the links to the photos in my photo album:

http://public.fotki.com/dizzypen/ink-revie...stlereview.html

http://public.fotki.com/dizzypen/ink-revie...mpumreview.html

I hope this helps, because otherwise I have no idea what to do.

Bossy, from this PC your version looks good.

If you have or set up a fotki account you can enlarge the review.

Edited by dizzypen

hello diz!

this is my workhorse ink as well.

here's a pic of what i got out of my mix:

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/scan0003-1.jpg

this is a comparison with Diamine BB:

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/scan0002.jpg

too bad they're all gone now... i still have 6 packtes left.... Muuuuaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

thanx for the review!

Edited by lovemy51

Sorry for the offtopic, but reading the recipe...mix all the ingredients and later bake in the oven/microwave? for how long? :rolleyes:

Thank you very much, for the recipe and for the review.

Ok this just goes to show how monitors make all the difference. I am on another computer and everything looks completely different. :gaah:

Yer post #7 looks like the paper is purple. Maybe it is.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

It does have a purple tinge to it, but it is a few shades lighter than it shows on the screen.

It does have a purple tinge to it, but it is a few shades lighter than it shows on the screen.

i think he meant the paper!

i don't find any tinge of purple in mine at all (the ink)!

i think he meant the paper!

i don't find any tinge of purple in mine at all (the ink)!

I know he meant the paper. That's what I was referring to! The paper in that notebook does have a slight purple tinge to it, but not as dark as the picture reflects!