Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Uni-ball "EXCEED" rollerball

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 blueskies

blueskies

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:16

Any idea on where I might find the older, and I believe discontinued Uni-ball EXCEED roller ball pen.

The one I have, and have had for several years, is a slim, metal body that is inscribed on the clip with, "EXC." The pen body bears the imprint, "JAPAN uni-ball EXCEED."

I'm amazed the ink is still flowing in the pen since I've had it for several years. The cartridge is metal and is imprinted on one side, "MITSUBISHI PENCIL CO. LTD. JAPAN 6 l A" and on the other side, "uni-ball EXCEED UXR-5 <0.5>".

If anyone has one of these older, metal rollerball pens and is willing to sell it, please contact me. Also, perhaps you just happen to have a few of the refill cartridges described above -- I am a motivated buyer!

Finally, even if you don't have the pen or refill, and you know a little bit of information about this pen--it's history (period of manufacture, company history, etc), I'm quite interested and would very much enjoy a message (if you have a moment to share).

Thanks for your time,
Mike

p.s. I'm aware we're all mostly discussing fp's--I just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
"All men [sic] of whatsoever quality they be, who have done anything of excellence, or which may properly resemble excellence, ought, if they are persons of truth and honesty, to describe their life with their own hand; but they ought not to attempt so fine an enterprise till they have passed the age of forty. This duty occurs to my own mind, now that I am trevelling beyond the term of fifty-eight years, . . . I am now more free . . . . " Cellini

#2 Kris Schroeder

Kris Schroeder

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:26

Dear Blueskies....

Your post looking for a Uni-ball Exceed is dated January 2009. I've recently pulled my fountain and roller ball pens together and believe I may have this pen. I purchased new sometime shortly after 1992 but have not used this pen much. I have the original box including the sleeve and 1 unused refill. It is a sharp looking pen but writing is not something I do much of these days.

I had been looking for a specific Parker pen and may have just found it. If so I would be willing to sell this pen though it is a beauty in shiny black with gold trims. I specifically purchased this pan because of it's slim body. I have recently joined this network but still figuring out how to navigate it. The first couple of times I looked I did not see a way to reply to your inquiry.

Alas... I made the mistake of using my name and truly need to find a way to change that... but have not figured out how to yet. Maybe next time I log in I can find a way to pull up your name.

Thank you,

Kris Schroeder

#3 Kris Schroeder

Kris Schroeder

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:28

I'm trying to navigate and send a reply to your inquiry. I have no idea whether what I'm doing is going to reach you.