The legendary HP 32 lb Premium Paper

davidspitzer

Thanks FPN'ers!!! I got some of this paper today. Wow its heavy. Mailing 3 sheets, I think I have to put 2 stamps

Tryed some of the 100% coton Dont like it one bit. Thanks for this review/thread. Made it very easy to find it in the store

Edit : spelling

Edited by mblover

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• savarez

• davidspitzer

• satrap

• Gran

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd thought it was this stuff seen by clicking here, at Staples, that everyone is raving about, but could be wrong seeing some other Links [that actually work, such as Grans' Link] are to the same stuff.

I've not tried it yet but would like to do so someday, still testing other paper types now so not yet in the market to do another "test" unless I can try some for free at my local Staples store.

I don't think my store does the paper-sampling I've heard others mention, but sure would be worth it to ask, especially if they say "Sure, let's hit the EASY button and get you a few sheets to try!"

I have a good friend, that's also an FPN member, that apparently uses the infamous HP Premium Laserjet paper often with his FPs, so I'll ask him when I can [and if I remember to do so] if this is the "stuff" he uses too.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

• 5 weeks later...

I'd thought it was this stuff seen by clicking here, at Staples, that everyone is raving about, but could be wrong seeing some other Links [that actually work, such as Grans' Link] are to the same stuff.

I've not tried it yet but would like to do so someday, still testing other paper types now so not yet in the market to do another "test" unless I can try some for free at my local Staples store.

I don't think my store does the paper-sampling I've heard others mention, but sure would be worth it to ask, especially if they say "Sure, let's hit the EASY button and get you a few sheets to try!"

I have a good friend, that's also an FPN member, that apparently uses the infamous HP Premium Laserjet paper often with his FPs, so I'll ask him when I can [and if I remember to do so] if this is the "stuff" he uses too.

Definately a good idea (trying it out, first). I've tried about a dozen pens and 6 inks with it, and some pens/inks just flat out refuse to work with it. Some pens & inks, however, seem made for this paper. I tried using it exclusively in my Levenger notebooks (stamping out the appropirate holes), but I can't use it as an "everyday" paper under those circumstances. Expensive, but still much cheaper than Levenger.

This post is just in moment! Have your bond finished finding by photo easier in store up! I ongoing try the paper. It beats the despicable one I typically use!

Tool Die

If you're in Phoenix, forget Staples or OfficeMax (I think there's only one Office Depot in Phoenix, close to Buckeye).

Get thee to Kelly Paper, the most magnificent paper wholesaler in the Valley (NOTE: I do not think they are open on Saturday any longer, so call ahead). Tell the helpful clerk what you want. Then prepare to get samples and be overwhelmed with the possibilities.

Take pen and ink with you. They won't mind. You can buy by the ream or box. If you haven't a business license, I think the mark up for retail is 15%.

Locations in Phoenix area:

AZ - Phoenix/Downtown

1302 W. Indian School Rd., AZ 85013 (602) 241-0581 FAX (602) 241-0592

AZ - Phoenix/Metro

2848 W. Sweetwater Ave.#1., AZ 85029 (602) 942-3340 FAX (602) 942-3719

AZ - Tempe

1998 East University., AZ 85281 (480) 829-0298 FAX (480) 829-0767

For more, see kellypaper.com (no affliation, I've just used them for years and their store is like Disneyland to me.)

Edited by wednesday_mac

Is there life before death?

• 1 month later...

On the HP web site it seems to indicate A4, A3, & 11x17 versions of this paper. Does anyone know of a source for this paper?

HP

post-40210-126449612869_thumb.jpg

Brian Simmons

Go to Tuesday Morning stores and get the Crane's paper that is on sale for 9.99/ream (for the 25% cotton) or the 100% cotton for 19.99/ream.

Edited by satrap

"... because I am NOT one of your FANZ!" the INTP said to the ESFJ.

Go to Tuesday Morning stores and get the Crane's paper that is on sale for 9.99/ream (for the 2% cotton) or the 100% cotton for 19.99/ream.

Do you find both to be very FP friendly?

We can trust the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. - Immanual Kant

Go to Tuesday Morning stores and get the Crane's paper that is on sale for 9.99/ream (for the 25% cotton) or the 100% cotton for 19.99/ream.

Do you find both to be very FP friendly?

====

Hi Michelle,

I have not noticed any problems with either paper. I use mostly M nibs, if that matters. I am quite pleased. :thumbup:

"... because I am NOT one of your FANZ!" the INTP said to the ESFJ.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a ream of HP Premium Choice Laser Paper from OfficeMax today. To my frustration, I couldn't find the stuff pictured on the HP website at either Staples or OfficeMax, but this package has the same product code - HPU1132. It seems HP changed the packaging!

http://tkeller.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Writing/HP-Premium-Choice-HPU1132/805503128_eDpPh-Th-1.png

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dead_Smile--- The paper you refer to has a coating to it. The paper others have been talking about is uncoated. I am NOT SURE, but these two papers may be very different from one another. Better hold off until someone who knows more than I do can respond to this.

j

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've located it in the UK. Different pack design to the one posted above by fifthblackbird, but it sounds the same stuff - and it's NOT listed as glossy, so hopefully it's the "good stuff"

"HP Premium Choice Laser A4"

32Lb / 120gsm

http://www.bestbuy.c...e-a4-paper.aspx

I shall pop to our local Best Buy tomorrow and check them and pick up a ream to try. Shall report back!

Update: Scratch that. Their online stock checker says that there is none in stock.

Edited by TallNHairyDave

• 2 years later...

Ditto here on I love this paper with fountain pens. And it prints beautifully in my Canon inkjet all-in-one to make ruled paper, as well, FWIW. There's a nifty site for making your own lined paper, too... http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/

WHAT A FANTASTIC TOOL AT THAT SITE. YOU CAN PRINT ANY TYPE OF RULING, LINGING, GRID, ETC! That is perfect for printing very fine lines on the blank paper. Helps keep writing straight and neat!

Thanks for providing that helpful link!

• 2 years later...

I fold the large sheet in half and find it convenient for most correspondence, especially if I'm not inclined to use the more expensive Crane paper. I'd like to find an envelope other than a No 10 so that I could fold my letter vertically. Does anyone know of such an envelope?

Re Envelopes:

I am not design saavy enough to do this, and my spacial relationship intelligence is low (my wife is a much better navigator than me) but, if you do a google search for something like "envelope template #10 envelope" I think the odds are high that you will find a template to be able to make your own envelopes from the same HP paper, and thus, be able to make your own stationary by running the paper through your home printer with any design you choose (assuming you've got some appropriate software). Or you could search for a different size envelope to fit the size of the sheet when it's folded in half. Not sure what this size envelope is called.

Or, perhaps HP might already sell enevelopes made from the same paper? Even if they do they'll be a lot more expensive than being able to make them yourself.

If you or someone else here does that and figure's out how to make your own envelopes, would you please post it here so maybe I can learn how to do it?

Thanks.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Does anyone have a picture of the exact package it comes in they can post or an exact link to a US online seller.

I bought some premium, 32lb HP matte presentation paper at staples and I am praying that is not what everyone has been raving about because it is

/default/headsmack.gif/default/crybaby.gif/default/gaah.gif (well not good)

thanks

David

Here is the Amazon Prime link, only $14.96

If you fold a 81/2" x 11" sheet of paper in half (top to bottom) and then fold it in half again it will fit perfectly into an A4 sized envelope. Kreate-A-Lope (and others) make a handy template just that size. I love mine. And of course you can just use/buy a #6 (American) size envie and fold your paper 3 times the second time.