Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue

TheNobleSavage

I have to admit that this is my favorite ink of all time. This is my workhorse ink and I use it so much that I have to buy in bulk!!! I use this as my work ink along with Noodlers Black and PR American Blue. DC is known for longer drying times but the color is so nice that it just doesnt bother me at all. I'll use a blotter if needed. If you never tried DC Blue or American Blue, I encourage you to at least try it.

Enjoy

TNS

http://photobucket.com/albums/e172/AaronTaubman/PR%20DC%20SuperShow%20Blue%20Ink/th_PRDCBlue1.jpg

Full Size Image #1

http://photobucket.com/albums/e172/AaronTaubman/PR%20DC%20SuperShow%20Blue%20Ink/th_PRDCBlue2.jpg

Full Size Image #2

http://photobucket.com/albums/e172/AaronTaubman/PR%20DC%20SuperShow%20Blue%20Ink/th_PRDCBlue3.jpg

Full Size Image #3

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill

• MicheleB

• James P

• Ana

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for reinforcing my prejudices. :D I admit to having multiple unopened bottles of DC, but I am in awe of such an uber-user as you!

For me, the white lids of the Supershow bottles makes them easy to spot in an ink drawer brimming with other PR bottles. Now if only Waterman would do that with Havana Brown, I would be a happy camper. :D

Bill

Great review and I love that color blue. Unfortunately, you hit on the deal breaker for me as a lefty - slow drying times! Enjoy it! Thanks for another great look at some more ink!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

I have that ink and PR Lake Placid Blue....I keep switching between the two for their beautiful color!

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

...deal breaker for me as a lefty - slow drying times!

A high school teacher didn't like the smearing from my lefty overwriting, so I started underwriting. That was a few deca...er...years ago. Now I smear PR and Noodler's with the right hand while holding pages down :lol:

One third of my kids are left handed. Of course, he is an overwriter and the one that got me back into fountain pens. Go figure!

Bill

Another excellent review! Thanks TNS!

This is one of my favourite inks, too!

Wamr regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 3 weeks later...

Buy this man a drink. TNS, is either Peet's Coffee and Tea or The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf convenient for you?

• 5 months later...

Great Review! DC Supershow Blue is a beautifully blue ink with tons of vibrancy. The ink flows exceptionally well and from looking at my old notes reminds me of the legendary Penman Saphire. However, after filling my lamy 2000 (OM) with "Supershow", I've noticed a slight feathering on inferior paper and even, shock - horror! on my small moleskine (lined) notebook. Otherwise this is an excellent ink and along with Saphire, would be my all-time favourite blue.

I have that ink and PR Lake Placid Blue....I keep switching between the two for their beautiful color!

Is there a big difference between these two? I have the Lake Placid Blue, and it's by my favorite blue so far. I only saw the DC SS in the store, but they looked really similar. Do you see a difference?

Is there a big difference between these two?  I have the Lake Placid Blue, and it's by my favorite blue so far.  I only saw the DC SS in the store, but they looked really similar.  Do you see a difference?

Yes. Lake Placid Blue is lighter/brighter than DC SS Blue. I have pens inked with both currently, but don't need to have them side-by-side to see the difference. Recently, I seem to be using LPB more than DC SS.

Bill

[edited for typo]

Edited by Bill

I agree - both are very nice inks, but Lake Placid Blue has a bit more "pop" to it - it's a bit brighter than the Supershow Blue. Among my favorite inks (if not my favorite), and I use it in most of my daily writing. Although lately, I've been gravitating toward the Diamine Sapphire Blue. That's a really nice blue, too!

James

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Noble Savage for the heads up on the PR-DC Supershow Blue. I had never tried it. I just picked up a bottle, have been writing with it for about 15 minutes and I'm already hooked. Definitely a staple ink!

Blessings,

dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've been using American Blue... can someone tell or show me the difference between that and SuperShow?

I'm sitting here in Italy with a choice of a) ordering from European (UK, German) suppliers at double price, plus shipping, or B) schnurring a favor from someone in the US and having them send me ink - before I do that, I'd like to know that Am Blue and SupShowBlue are actually two different colors.

BTW, I found AmBlue to be virtually indistinguishable from Penman Blue, although perhaps a tad more brilliant.

Still seeking the One Pen to Rule Them All...

I've been using American Blue... can someone tell or show me the difference between that and SuperShow?

I'm sitting here in Italy with a choice of a) ordering from European (UK, German) suppliers at double price, plus shipping, or B) schnurring a favor from someone in the US and having them send me ink - before I do that, I'd like to know that Am Blue and SupShowBlue are actually two different colors.

BTW, I found AmBlue to be virtually indistinguishable from Penman Blue, although perhaps a tad more brilliant.

If you go to the Private Reserve Website, DC blue looks a tad darker than American blue.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

• 3 weeks later...

How water resistant are the PR blue inks - particularly Lake Placid Blue and DC Supershow Blue? Do they vanish when soaked?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a scanned writing sample of Lake Placid Blue? I'd be very interested to see what it actually looks like in writing.

Cheers!

How water resistant are the PR blue inks - particularly Lake Placid Blue and DC Supershow Blue? Do they vanish when soaked?

Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue does vanish.

Bye.

• 4 weeks later...

I too just love this color! In fact I get asked everyday what that stunning color of blue is signed the packing slip with is? You just can't beat this shade of deep dark blue. I personally thinks it's the best. I have had no drying issues or clogs. Using it just on cheap copy paper and it still dries just fine. I also find this ink just the perfect formula with ink flow. I can use this color and go much longer with out cleaning my pens. I also like American blue too. I also sell this on my website for $7.60 a bottle at: www.isellpens.com .