• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rroossinck

• Deirdre

• fuchsiaprincess

• Pensee

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...sid=p2761.l1259

Sent a message to this seller asking him the nib size. His response was that it was a 4810 nib! If he can't tell any better than that how is he supposed to be guaranteeing the authenticity??? :headsmack:

I think you'll find he said authoritic, rather than authentic. :blink:

This tells you what kind of intellect we're dealing with, here.

I can understand the seller's confusion: MB doesn't mark their nib sizes on the nibs themselves.

That said, "WRITING IN STRUMENTS" generally indicates fake, I thought.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Sorry, asimplemaestro, but it just is. Don't bid on this item. Try not to let this guy bother you. He has no idea what he is doing. (Look at the other items he has for sale.)

I've got so fed up with getting silly answers to this sort of question that I say:

When you write with the pen, how wide is the line it leaves? Fine = less than 0.5mm, Broad = wider than 1mm, Medium = Approx 0.75mm, but anywhere between Fine & Broad.

I have a 50% success rate with this, it was 10% or so when asking straight what size the nib was. If I get a stupid answer from this, I don't bid - as obviously the seller isn't trying to help the buyer make an informed choice.

Regards

Richard.

Edited by richardandtracy

I think you'll also find it to be an early serial number of a limited numbered edition: #585 of 14000

Pardon my ignorance, Splicer, but why would an early serial number make it likely to be a fake? Thanks!

Regards,

Soki

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...sid=p2761.l1259

Sent a message to this seller asking him the nib size. His response was that it was a 4810 nib! If he can't tell any better than that how is he supposed to be guaranteeing the authenticity??? :headsmack:

1. Take a look at his feedback.... NONE as a seller and only 6 as a buyer.. Also only on eBay since Oct08

I take this as a warning.... not saying he is a phony, but I generally do not trust low feedback scores...

2. This is the only pen he has for sale... he very well may absolutely nothing about pens.... I have seen more than my share of sellers like that and occasionally get some good deals from them

3. And this is only a supposition... There are scam dealers from overseas who claim to be in the US and shipping from the US and are actually shipping from Central Europe or Asia...

Just because the description says the US it may not be... There is one in particular (can not remember name) who claims to ship from the US and is actually in Romania..

In this case I truly think it is a case of Buyer Beware ......

1. Take a look at his feedback.... NONE as a seller and only 6 as a buyer.. Also only on eBay since Oct08

I take this as a warning.... not saying he is a phony, but I generally do not trust low feedback scores...

Everyone, including yourself I assume, has to start with a low feedback score. I'm more worried about those with high scores that, when investigated, all come from 1 cent purchases.

It's an auction board, so martiniauctions has stuff from several merchants. I've had good luck with Regina's own auctions (and one other seller, whose name I forget offhand).

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

It's an auction board, so martiniauctions has stuff from several merchants. I've had good luck with Regina's own auctions (and one other seller, whose name I forget offhand).

Thanks. Had me worried there for a second. A 3rd Pel 600 should round off my collection of them. :cloud9:

(I hope) ; )

I do not know anything for a fact, but the extreme versatility of what he is selling makes me wonder if he is somebody who sells ripped-off items and then opens up a new account if he gets busted. His for-sale items (boots, handbags, body armor) are a very odd collection for an Ebay newbie. It's almost like a David Sederis skit coming together in my mind about this chap!

What I don't know is how serious the Pay Pal protection is.

Feedback is fairly meaningless too.

"Tea cleared my head and left me with no misapprehensions".

The Duke of Wellington

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

The pen is clearly Black in the pictures but the Ebay ad says Bordeaux!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Most 14K nibs are marked 585 and 14K...ergo #585/14000. :)

'Twas a little joke, methinks. :)

Thanks, Rroossinck! Can't believe I didn't get it - duh :headsmack: !

Regards,

Soki

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

I also find his other offerings to be "interesting." Quite an assortment. A regular renaissance man of the internet auction world.

Edited by offbase