Who is Dennis/DWL/vintagedelights?

rogerb

i am posting this on behalf of DWL, who asked anybody who is owed money to contact him at either of these two addresses:

penman0924@aol.com

vintagedelights01@gmail.com

he seems prepared and ready to tackle refund issues head on. don't shoot me: i am the messenger. :)

[this is a repeat of the post already on repair forum, dennis requested that it be posted on both fora]

I just 'won', on Ebay, and paid with PayPal for an 'uninked P51', after an exchange of emails with 'Dennis', who seemmed a plausible fellow.

Today I discover that the transaction has been cancelled by Ebay because the seller is 'no longer a registered member'....but the money has still gone from my Paypal account :mad:

I have emailed him, and opened a Paypal dispute.

Can anyone thrown any light on this seller? It appears he has some 'previous' :(

Thanks

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thibaulthalpern

• rogerb

• JackC

• DrPJM1

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to those who've replied back-channel.

Caveat Emptor!

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

Hello. Long time lurker first time poster.

I am in a similar situation. I won one of his pens last week and saw he was unregistered when I logged on this morning. Just how concerned should I be?

The Caveat Emptor! above doesn't make me feel very optimistic.

Jack

PM sent. Let me know if I can provide further help.

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

When you bought the pen from this eBay seller, did he have a high number of feedback?

Edited by thibaulthalpern

m( _ _ )m (– , –) \ (^_^) /

I've been in email contact with Dennis. He said he has been suspended for not paying his sellers fees on time. He assures me he will be selling again soon. Looking at his seller feedback, I'm not as concerned as I was.

Embarrassingly, that happened to me once because I forgot to check that mailbox after I'd shipped all the items. Fortunately, I didn't have anything I was selling at the time.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I have had 2 emails from Dennis saying that he'd forgotten to pay his fees and that if I close thew dispute he'll post the pen tomorrow.

(He also said he can't pay for his son's birthday present :rolleyes: )

My reply was that I'd close the dispute when I either got the pen or received a refund.....on the basis of the advice I've had here, I am pretty sure he's not dishonest, but if I closed the dispute and the pen still didn't arrive, I'd have no further recourse!

And , yes, I did check his feed back before buying....I clearly should've checked with you guys!!

Thanks, again...PayPal Customer Services assure me on the phone that my money is covered...but not if I close the dispute!!

As your President tried to say "Fool me once......" :D

Edited by rogerb

Don Marquis

I agree with you, Rogerb. The seller should mail you the pen before you close the dispute. I think as a seller he should realise that that it's the reasonable thing to do.

Especially THIS seller as he has a long checkered history!!

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

Especially THIS seller as he has a long checkered history!!

Is that right? Wow!

This seller has a long history in the Green Board. Buyer beware.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

What is the "Green Board"? Any links?

What is the "Green Board"? Any links?

www.pentrace.net. Look at the "market" menu.

This thread has been closed by Admin since Dennis Lively is unable to respond to any issues raised here.

His account was suspended indefinitely some time ago.

The FPN Admin Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team