Pelikan Turquoise

shigidab0p

post-21492-1226663351_thumb.jpg

Full extreme resolution.

I should mention that it leans toward blue, rather than a true bluey-green (I think so anyway). I hope you can read my writing. By the way, the full resolution shows off the shading far better than the reduced one.

Edit: Apparently it does come in cartridges, my mistake. Also, that first sentence is supposed to read "this was my first real fountain pen ink".

Edited by shigidab0p

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nellie

• Ondina

• MiniMaupassant

• Edgar Allan Bo

Thanks for a great review! I was wondering what this color looked like written. Nice, vivid turquoise. Even though its use may be limited for you (teachers complaining :lol:), it'll look nice in a journal or letter. :thumbup:

thanks for the review! The color looks quite true on my screen. This ink does come in cartridges, I still have a few in a desk somewhere. I've foolishly been hoarding them, no idea why.

Maybe I should order a bottle - but really, shouldn't three different turquoises already be enough? no?

Interesting, I only use this ink in cartridges and the sample I'm using appears significantly more blue. Probably product variation and ageing in the cartridges.

YMMV

I have a bottle too and to me it is a very cool - cold, even - colour, the colour of icebergs and mountain streams. Nice but I'm not sure I'll be using it much.

Thanks for the review.

I have used this ink as my main ink for 15 years at the very least.

I have always diluted it 1:1 with water, and obtain a colour almost identical to the scan. When in this shade it photocopies away quite well if you need! If diluted much more than 1:1, there is a lubrication failure and writing becomes impossible, properties are restored by evaporation on a radiator (guess how I found this out!).

The ink fades fairly quickly, and disappears entirely after about 6 weeks in the sun. Over time (5 years +) in the dark the colour changes - becomes slightly more green tinged & a lot less interesting.

The ink always behaves well, and almost never feathers or blobs whatever the pen.

I regard it as my main ink, visiting other ink types, but always returning. Half my pens have this ink in them.

Regards

Richard.

I have used this ink as my main ink for 15 years at the very least.

I have always diluted it 1:1 with water, and obtain a colour almost identical to the scan. When in this shade it photocopies away quite well if you need! If diluted much more than 1:1, there is a lubrication failure and writing becomes impossible, properties are restored by evaporation on a radiator (guess how I found this out!).

The ink fades fairly quickly, and disappears entirely after about 6 weeks in the sun. Over time (5 years +) in the dark the colour changes - becomes slightly more green tinged & a lot less interesting.

The ink always behaves well, and almost never feathers or blobs whatever the pen.

I regard it as my main ink, visiting other ink types, but always returning. Half my pens have this ink in them.

Regards

Richard.

Now this is what we need for all the reviews: someone with multiple years of experience to tell us what to expect of the ink in the future. Bravo, Richard.

The original review is also quite nice, and the scan presents the ink color very well.

Thanks for the excellent and timely (at least for me--I'm on a serious turquoise hunt) review. It appears to be a light and bright turquoise, similar to Montblanc's. But it actully appears to be more saturated, I like it.

Cool review - I love turquoise ink and will be adding this to the list for a payday heist!

Leonie

@leoniethomas18

• 1 year later...