Paper Exchange

Phthalo

Wow,

It's great to see how much sort of papers you use.

I only have:

1) Clairefontaine Blanc/White DCP, A4, 120 gr/m2

2) Rhodia Yellow lined, no. 19 Yellow, 80 gr/m2, High grade Vellum Paper

I use the Clairfontaine for printing 'writing sample forms' (I can email you 3 templats).

And I like the Rhodia yellow pages to write on with my Herbin Orange Indien or Caran d'Ache Amazon (green) ink.

So, I'm fairly new to the FP world (4 months now) I haven't much to offer, but if someone would like to help me to my first 'real' stationary, I thank you up front.

I write left handed and like to use a F nib. I have no experience/knowledge of stationary papers but would like something nice for writing with a fountain pen and a bit of classic looking style. A paper that makes the receiver think I made an extra effort to send him a personal letter.

Any tips or samples?

Thank you,

Bert from Holland

'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.'

TheToadMen on Twitter (I'm on holiday August 1 - 16)

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/di_orang.jpg http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/cd_amazo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plume145

• blackcat99

• Inkysloth

• jamwrite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anybody have a few sheets of the Ecopaper sugar paper to spare? I have Crown Mill cards & envelopes to trade....

• 1 month later...

I want:

FP friendly stationary

Ampad Gold Fibre

Clairefontaine

Pages from:

Kunst & Papier

Field Notes

...Really, I'm probably interested in any FP friendly paper, be it loose-leaf or pages from a journal/notebook, so feel free to offer whatever you have.

I also would be interested in dip nibs, or any other writing accessories people might feel inclined to send my way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm very new to this hobby and so far have purchased:

-Staples Eco bagasse paper in spiral notebooks 8 1/2" x 11" and 6" x 9"

-Bienfang note sketch paper (vertically half lined and half blank)

I'm open to trading just about anything fp freindly as I haven't tried much yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased some Staples sugarcane paper in Canada. I've been reading that it may have changed in quality since it was last stocked. Would anyone like to exchange their American bagasse for Canadian? Let me know. I'm curious.

"The heart has its reason which reason knows nothing of." French philosopher Blaise Pascal ~ Letter and Paper Exchange~

• 1 month later...

I have:

No good paper to speak of. I would consider trading for some ink samples. I have many private reserve blue colors available. I also have some chesterfield inks (amethyst and sodalite) some diamine sapphire blue. I have others too.

I am interested in:

HP 32lb Premium

Southworth 100% cotton 32lb white

Southworth 25% cotton 32lb white

Staples sustainable earth sugarcane notebooks/notepads

Double A paper

Anything else you've got that is great.

Contact me by e-mail or PM.

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

WTB: 1. Camlin SD

2. 1950s to early 1960s 1st Gen MB 149 with BB nib

3. Airmail 90T Teal Swirl

4. PenBBS 355-16SF Demonstrator

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for some note cards, letter writing paper, and stationery. I prefer those with envelopes, but I'd just like to try out some new paper.

I have:

-Staples Eco Bagasse paper in spiral notebooks 8 1/2" x 11" and 6" x 9"

-Bienfang note sketch paper 8 1/2" x 11" (vertically half lined and half blank)

-Rhodia Dot paper, very small notepad

-HP 28lb bright white laser paper, blank or dot printed

-Caliber 70% Sugarcane 30% Bamboo, 8.5" x 11"

-a large variety of Circa and Arc papers in various sizes

If you'd like to trade anything, please PM me :happyberet:

Newbie here would love to sample some Victorian Trading Co stationery.

I have a few sheets & envelopes of "Petite Botanicals" stationery from Barnes & Noble (seems to work fine for me w/ my Monteverde & Pelikano pen), the paper is nice larger sized too.

Also have a couple cream colored sheets w/ gold trim & envelopes of Southworth Monarch (I think it's called that) would like to swap for the Victorian Trading Co. or a sampling of Papierre paper from Etsy.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'll play!

I have:

Staples Eco Bagasse 8.5x11 in a spiral notebook

Tops Products 8.5x11, with a little shoes & purses graphic at the bottom (from Staples - not quite as good as the Bagasse, but not terrible either)

Carolinapad 8.5x11 in a spiral notebook (from WalMart, I think, but it's not actually terrible)

Hammermill Pink & Black spiral bound, maybe 6x9? Not sure, it's on my desk at work

Circa/Rhodia annotation ruled junior size

I'm interested in:

A couple sheets of a good letter-writing paper, anything FP-friendly

G. Lalo

FP-friendly notecards

Or anything else, really....

Sample Request: I really really want to try Diamine Steel Blue. I will trade you samples!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5673/inkdz2.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3937/paperzu3.png

• 2 months later...

I’ve been cleaning out the paper stocks, and I have some paper looking for a home. I’ll send these for just the cost of postage.

1) Filofax Personal Organizer white laser paper, 40 sheets, 2 packages.

2) Franklin-Covey computer Multipurpose Form CO 10145. 175 sheets.

Further details are at the Pay It Forward forum, here.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings:

I Have

Tsubame W100S 8mm rule B5 size (7X10)

Apica 6A10 7mm rule B5 size (7x10)

Kokuyo Campus 6mm rule B5 size (7X10)

Kokuyo Campus Todai 6mm rule B5 size (7X10)

Kokuyo Campus High Grade MIO 6mm rule B5 size (7X10)

Kokuyo Campus High Grade CYO-BO 6mm rule B5 size (7X10)

Kyokuto F64 Expedient 7mm rule B5 size (7X10)

Maruman Note de Note 7mm rule B5 size (7X10)

Maruman Token 7mm rule B5 size (7X10)

Marumna Mnemosyne 7mm rule B5 size (7X10)

Midori MD diary 7mm rule large size (6X8.25)

The binding has been cut off professionally or the spirals removed.

I also have Circa Products

Levenger Cornell Annotated Letter

Staples Arc Lined Letter

Staples Arc Lined Junior

Levenger Behance Action Letter

Levenger Rhodia Annotated Letter

And I have

Double A paper

Southworth 100% Cotton 32# Resume Ivory paper

I want any type of stationery for letter writing.

Regards,

Candice

This is a great idea, and I would love to participate.

I am new to fountain pens, but I have an extra Leuctturm 1917 medium -sized dot grid journal. link here: leuchtturm 1917, med, dot grid@ Amazon

I would love to try any fountain pen friendly paper, except Staples Bagasse and Moleskine. I already have both.

If you are interested in a trade, please send either a PM, or you can email me at karen.peabody5873@gmail.com.

Thanks!!! I look forward to this! =)

Edited by kp288908

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

I forgot to update my post sooner; the Filofax paper has been sent to a new home. Still have the Franklin paper available.

I have nothing to trade (am using what I have) but live in Basel, Switzerland. If someone needs info or supplies from Europe, I might be able to help or sleuth to find things.

I am looking for:

a box or pad of Eaton's Berkshire Air Mail Stationery or any similar ultra-thin onion skin paper you might have. Am happy to pay cash for paper, packing & shipping. Am down to my last few sheets . . .

If you have any of this stuff lying in your attic, please contact me by e-mail: b_delanty@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased I some Xerox Pastel Plus Paper in Ivory for copying but is is surprisingly friendly to my Eco roller.

I'm interested in anything off white. It's ok if it bleeds through because I only write on one side. I've started refilling my own journals and need something to use other than harvesting the paper from new journals.

I have posted a review of the cream colored papber, but I'm not sure how to post a link.

Edited by Tribrach

I just purchased I some Xerox Pastel Plus Paper in Ivory for copying but is is surprisingly friendly to my Eco roller.

I'm interested in anything off white. It's ok if it bleeds through because I only write on one side. I've started refilling my own journals and need something to use other than harvesting the paper from new journals.

I have posted a review of the cream colored papber, but I'm not sure how to post a link.

Link to Tribrach's review referenced above

• 4 weeks later...

I have:

• Clairfontaine Graph
  • Clairfontaine Lined
  • Clairfontaine French Ruled
  • Rhodia 5x5 Graph
  • HP Premium 32lb
  • Southworth 100% cotton Resume Paper

I am interested in:

• RUSCOMBE Château Vellum wove, 185 g/m²
  • Fabriano (any)
  • Double A
  • Amalfi (any)
  • Original Crown Mill

Please PM me if you'd like to make a trade... or if you feel super generous and want to send me some paper anyway :)

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

WTB: 1. Camlin SD

2. 1950s to early 1960s 1st Gen MB 149 with BB nib

3. Airmail 90T Teal Swirl

4. PenBBS 355-16SF Demonstrator