Review: Platinum Preppy Fountain Pen ...
Posted 29 October 2008 - 13:25
I sent my Pelikan M800 fountain pen in to get some work done so I'm using using my Platinum Preppy for a couple of weeks. We have three now: Blue-Black, Green, and Pink.
A few thoughts on this pen.
1. It's cheap, currently only USD $3, and refillable.
2. Stiff steel nib. And VERY fine. Maybe like a European XXF?. ;-)
3. The ink cartridge has a small steel ball in it that rattles around, reminds me of a can of spray paint, or a check-valve.
4. It's light, and clear, a demonstrator I guess.
5. The nib is a bit 'toothy,' but that's probably just form being so fine. An upside of the narrow nib is that the ink doesn't bleed through, even using cheap recycled paper.
6. The cap has a little spring-loaded insert that helps the cap snap into place. In one of the pics below.
7. Maybe roughly the size of a Pelikan M200?
If you're looking for an inexpensive fountain pen that just works well, this is it!
Posted 29 October 2008 - 14:54
Posted 30 October 2008 - 13:44
My pleasure. ;-)