FPN Quick Navigation
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Review: Platinum Preppy Fountain Pen ...
Posted 29 October 2008 - 13:25
I sent my Pelikan M800 fountain pen in to get some work done so I'm using using my Platinum Preppy for a couple of weeks. We have three now: Blue-Black, Green, and Pink.
A few thoughts on this pen.
1. It's cheap, currently only USD $3, and refillable.
2. Stiff steel nib. And VERY fine. Maybe like a European XXF?. ;-)
3. The ink cartridge has a small steel ball in it that rattles around, reminds me of a can of spray paint, or a check-valve.
4. It's light, and clear, a demonstrator I guess.
5. The nib is a bit 'toothy,' but that's probably just form being so fine. An upside of the narrow nib is that the ink doesn't bleed through, even using cheap recycled paper.
6. The cap has a little spring-loaded insert that helps the cap snap into place. In one of the pics below.
7. Maybe roughly the size of a Pelikan M200?
If you're looking for an inexpensive fountain pen that just works well, this is it!
Posted 29 October 2008 - 14:54
Posted 30 October 2008 - 13:44
My pleasure. ;-)