Latest developments to the Moderating Team

Admin

(Cue dramatic instrumental piece with lots of rolling drums, funky horns and a groovy bassline…)

Hello there… and welcome to the latest edition of the weekend news here at the Fountain Pen Network.

These are the top stories…

We say thank you to two great Mods…. And we say hello to four newly appointed ones.

(End music)

After a long and glorious tour of duty behind the scenes and on the battlefield, the FPNuthouse would like to wish many heartfelt thanks to two of its great servants, the flamboyant playboy that is The Noble Savage and the astute wizard that is kissing. Their hard work during their time on the Team has been incredibly appreciated; their wonderful spirit has permeated the Team and as such lives on. To quote one of Team members, "May their time needed to handle that annoying thing called life be short and we hope that one day they will return triumphantly to the Team".

Today's other top story, four top members have accepted the invitation of the FPN Admins to join the elite and deadly Moderating Team. In their traditional efforts to create a great atmosphere in the FPNuthouse, the Admins have issued the following statement:

"Col a.k.a. Mr. Colfinger will be another of our double-agents, sharing his mystical touch with the Writing Instruments Mod Team as well as being the pioneering Mod of the Classifieds and Market Watch group of forums.

HDoug a.k.a. The Doug Knight will help keep the streets safe in both the Paper & Pen Paraphernalia forums.

MYU a.k.a. Gary The MYUtant will be the X factor in the FP Reviews forum.

Rroossinck a.k.a. Ryan "The Iron" Roossinck will also be another double-agent, helping smoothen things out in the Pictures & Pen Photography and the Parker forums.

Any of these agents will also be employed in other areas as deemed necessary. And more will come."

And that wraps up this edition of the weekend news here at the Fountain Pen Network. Sports and the weather report are coming up next, followed by a special documentary entitled "Fountain Pens: Earth's Unlikely Saviours".

Thanks for watching, and remember… an inked pen a day, keeps all the baddies away! Goodbye!

(Cue: end credits and upbeat exit song)

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rroossinck

• Titivillus

• youstruckgold

• CraigR

A big thank you to the old and new Mods. Thanks for your time, this place is awesome!

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

You newbie mods have no idea what you've gotten yourselves into!

I sincerely wish you all good luck!

You'll need it!

:thumbup:

Currently Inked: Visconti Pericle EF : Aurora Black; Pilot VP-F (Gunmetal): X-Feather; Pilot VP-F (LE Orange): Kiowa Pecan; Lamy Safari EF: Legal Lapis

Wishlist (WTB/T) - Pelikan "San Francisco"

Gee... none of us have responded to the fanfare yet. I'll break the ice--thanks, folks! Yeah, I doubt any of us knew what we were really in for. Grasshopper is quite the salesman. ;)

I'm lucky, as I'm not moderating Chatter (yikes, some of those threads get mighty testy). That's one thing the Admins are kind about--no newbies overseeing Chatter (because they'd like us to stick around for a while :lol: ). Anyway, I'm excited to be a part of this. I've been a member of FPN since December '06, and since that time have learned a lot and lost a lot of weight (to my wallet, that is!). So, I have to give a little back beyond the reviews I've posted so far. Speaking of which, I'll be keeping that part of the forum going along. I'll look forward to seeing more of your contributions there. :)

Cheers,

~Gary

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Aloha kakou! Aloha to all, and thanks for the welcomes. I notice a lot of posts in Paper of late and I'm hoping this trend will continue. I started coming to FPN in late '05 when my recent interest in fountain pens brought me here. Now see what you've done?! I've gone from being a completely digital keyboard writer to an obsessive fountain penman. I calculate I've easily written more than a million words with an inky nib since first signing up here.

And if you haven't dropped by Paper and Pen Paraphernalia, or the Paper and Pen Paraphernalia Reviews section recently, e komo mai, please drop by.

Doug

Edited by HDoug

Congratultions to all the new A team members!

I just love it when a plan comes together............congrats,guys!

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Thanks John, and to the rest of you folks as well! I've been here for just a month or two longer than Gary, but I still haven't learned to do a review that's 1/10th as good as his are! I've had a lot of fun and made some absolutely outstanding friends on this board, and I consider it to be the least I can do to give a little back. Glad to be here!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

Congrats all. I've been here for 5 minutes and I'm already a fan of Ryan and Gary. This is a great site - especially to those of us who are considered afflicted and slightly off-centre by anyone who sees our FP obsession. Looking forward to a continued affliction!

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

You're just a fan of me b/c I supply you with crazy wild Omas pens!

Well, you have to admit, that's not a bad start for a good relationship!

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

A-Team? They told me I was on the bench!

Thanks to da grasshopper for his t'riffic intro, and thank you everyone for your kind words - they're much appreciated. I promise to be firm, but firm. ;)

Col

Keep up the good work all and the FPN flag flying proud and high.

T'is a good ship the FPN and a tresure trove to the hobbyists/addicts and passerby's