nice pens on sale at fahrney's

penmanila

i happened to be in washington, DC today and ran into the annual pen fair at fahrney's. i wasn't planning on buying any pens (we never are, are we?) but my wife spotted a pretty stipula bellini LE pen that i couldn't tear myself away from, and went home to virginia with it. it was on sale for $162, but a lot of other pens were also on sale, including a pelikan white tortoise M400 for $125, and a stipula novecento in black for $195, and a silver and black pelikan pen (looking a lot like the tortoise M450, but i forgot the number) for $305. i would've gotten the silver-capped pelikan, but the stipula bellini thankfully saved me from it. needless to say, a huge lot of other pens were also on display, but i got out of there before i could max out my credit card. worth a look, if you're in the neighborhood. tomorrow, i'm off to pen haven in maryland :) i hope i don't see anything too irresistible.

Check out my blog and my pens

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penmanila

• Kimo

• ppenloverr

Top Posters In This Topic

rather cheap, we do not have those kind of prices here in london...UK?. I did not get a pen from the wes london because i found them rather expensive. so i left empty handed sadly.

:roflmho:

Edited by ppenloverr

Regards

p p e n l o v e r r

yes, i thought the prices were quite good, although i imagine you can get the same pens for those prices in special sales online or here at FPN. the great thing at fahrney's was seeing them all in one place at once--still nothing like a pen show, of course. incidentally, there's an FPN thread devoted to the stipula bellini here (i love the rose gold trim!):

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/lo...php/t40313.html

and here's the pen itself from fahrney's website:

http://www.fahrneyspens.com/ProductImages/Large/p193438b.jpg

Edited by penmanila

Check out my blog and my pens

The nice thing about the Fahrney's sale last week was that most of the major pen manufacturers had their reps there with their latest offerings - some of which have not yet been officially released. I spent about 45 minutes going from one rep to the next and learning about their pens.

The other nice thing about it was I picked up a nice Delta Dolcevita full size rollerball for $0. For real!Actually, as a promotion for the event they had a small number of pens by different makers sitting in a special display case that were to be given away in a drawing. People who came into the store could put their name on an entry slip into a box and then throughout the peak hours of the event they pulled out a name from time to time and gave away a pen to the lucky winner. I totally lucked out and won the Full Size Delta Dolcevita. I've purchased several pens from Fahrney's over the years so it was really great to be able to walk out with a great new pen for free.