What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

Noodler's Konrad with Pharmacist's Terra Incinerata iron gall ink, for pretty much everything today; and Parker Vector with R&K Salix, for writing checks, because the bank's electronic stuff frowns on any color besides blue or black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MB144 with M nib, Quink Blue; Sailor 1911, 21ct M Italic nib, Skrip Blue, Jade Green Waterman Patrician ball pen, blue medium refill.

Edited by Tom Aquinas

Parker Vac with Quink Blue-black!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind -Romans 12:2

I left the house for work tonight with three pens:

OMAS pre ’05 Milord; 2004 Grey; Med Nib; filled with “Lexington Blue” (50/50 mix of Noodler’s Lexington Grey & Noodler’s Polar Blue)

Sheaffer No Nonsense; Brown; Fine Italic Nib; filled with Noodler's Manjiro Nakahama Whaleman's Sepia

Esterbrook LJ; Red; 1554 Nib ground to a .6mm CI; filled with Private Reserve Black Cherry

Today Laban Mento Amazon Forest; Med. 14k-Platinum with Iridium tip. Works well with Lamy Blue-Black ink. Medium to bold line.

Edited by deherrerajames

Jim DeHerrera

As usual, I left for work today carrying my faithful Rotring ArtPens, and my newly-acquired ArtPencil (after a 10-year separation since my previous one got stolen, I finally managed to grab another one off eBay!).

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh151/fiat124sport/Misc/100_7207Small.jpg

The older one (open clip, looking rather worn) has a F nib, and is the main "beater", always packed with Rotring Royal Blue.

The green one is also quite used, with a 1.1 calligraphy nib, and running Rotring Brown.

The yellow is a recently-acquired 1.5 using Rotring Green, which I use for reviewing my students' reports.

The other black is another 1.1, and another recent member of the cast, using Rotring Red, used to review tests.

Apart from these, there are two further ArtPens that over the years suffered some sort of damage and were put aside. There are others, but this team is my daily companion. I'm quite frankly an ArtPen nutcase. I do however dislike some of these inks as they dry up very quickly and sometimes I have to keep a small bottletop with water by my side to keep them alive, especially the green one. But, having little choice around here, I try not to let that bother me too much.

Cheers, Eddie

"Research history. Learn from it. It’s all there. Let it become intrinsic to your work."

- Ben Thomas, Rancho Deluxe -

Today it's a;

Parker 51 XF with Diamine Sherwood Green,

Parker 45 XF with HOD,

Waterman's Nurse Pen with Quink Blue/Black

and a Pelikano Med with Watermans South Sea Blue

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

For those of your scoring at home, today at work I'm usig the following:

Pilot Vanishing Point LE Bright Red with Medium nib, filled with Noodler's tiananimen ink; love the smoothness of the medium nib; I have one with a fine and find it to be a bit too delicate for me;

TWSBI VAC 700 Blue Demonstrator, with Fine nib, filled with Visconti blue ink; lays down a crisp fine line that does not seem to feather, even on crappy office paper; and

Delta Stantuffo LE Star pen, black, grey and white celluloid, with ink window, with Fine nib, filled with Noodler's midnight ink; my latest acquisition - loving it.

Cheers to everyone in the FPN community.

Fountain Pens

This is my rotatio:

Montegrappa Espressione Duetto

Waterman Perspective

Mont Blanc 145

Faber Castle Ambition Pearwood

Parker Sonnet

Visconti Michelangelo

Graf-Von Faber Castle Pernambucco

Aurora Optima

Visconti Opera Elements - Water

Pelikan M400 Tortoise

love all of them...just bought an Omas Paragon which I am waiting on.

Enjoy Writing B)

Silver S.T.Dupont Fidelio with M nib, Skrip Blue; Lamy 2000 M nib with Blue Pekikan.

Edited by Tom Aquinas

A German piston filler of unknown make, with Turkish Night iron gall ink.

Conway Stewart No 58 with Quink Blue-Black Solv-X; a Pelikan M420 with R&K Verdigris and a Pelikan M405 with Aurora Blue.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

This week I'm using a TWSBI Micarta fine nib.

Earlier in the week it was filled with MB black, but as the nib lays a drier line, I swapped the ink for J Herbin Perle Noire and am using the pen as an eyedropper (I took out the converter, which I wasnt impressed with anyway). It's the first time I'm using this particular pen as an eyedropper, but it's performing well - especially with the Perle Noire ink.

I may well keep it in it's current eyedropper version, as the barrel holds a lot of ink (about 3mls).

Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...