14205 replies to this topic

#14191 Baric

Baric

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 21:21

For the money, these Pelikans are some of the best pens going. You couldn't pay me to give them up. I know some balk at the cost but to me it's money very well spent, I can't say enough good things about them.

#14192 Freddy

Freddy

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 21:56

Carrying early AM in The Theatre Of The Absurd..the following....

Omas 556 Platinum Pearl celluloid {late '50's} gold filled trim..sportin'

a flexible fine nib..filled with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue.

Wahl Eversharp Doric Sr Size {'35-'36} Lined Green PIF with

adjustable fine nib..Waterman Blue-Black ink..

Montblanc 134 Black Striped Transparent Barrel with firm extra fine

nib..Filled with Waterman Blue-Black.

Fred

always remember..no matter where you go..

there you are.....Buckaroo Banzai

#14193 pakmanpony

pakmanpony

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,342 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 22:07

Visconti Divina Elegance in Blue (full size) with a fine nib, filled with Kon-Peki blue ink

Attached Images

• Divina Elegnce Blue.jpg

#14194 william2001

william2001

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:33

I'm using my Parker Sonnet F.

I have to use all the black ink to try some new blue ink samples.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

#14195 Six Dollar Dave

Six Dollar Dave

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:18

Today it will be my Platinum 3776 music nib, filled with Diamine Mediterranean Blue.

#14196 Baric

Baric

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:01

In tribute to the recently fallen Conway Stewart, my Belliver in Classic Brown and an IB nib, filled with Conway Stewart Black.

#14197 william2001

william2001

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 841 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 15:30

I'm using my Parker Sonnet F.

Today, I'm actually going to try my new ink samples.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

#14198 MiamiArchStudent

MiamiArchStudent

Elegance and Sin.

• Member - Gold

• 1,387 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 17:12

A lot of stuff today...a Montblanc 136, 234 1/2 PL, a Heritage 1912, a Pelikan 400NN Tortoise and a LAMY 2000 multi pen. Kind of just switching between pens at the start of new paragraphs.

What I'm looking for: Montblanc 132, 234 1/2, 235, 422 and 432. Any help would be most appreciated.

#14199 Zillaxila

Zillaxila

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 19:13

Hello everyone.

I am using a red and black ebonite woodgrain style. The barrell is imprinted "The Eric Pen" made in England, and on the botton says 6B. The lever is silver plated and it resembles the ideal style lever from Waterman's. It has two gold band rings. The cap is simple and has a stopper type clip that is imprinted "Ideal" on the center. This clip can be removed, and I guess comes from the Waterman's factory. The pen works perfectly, it has an ebonite feed also woodgrained that matches the section and the barrell. The nib is 18cts Warranted "Osmi-Iridium" Anglaterre. It is sooooo flexible that is scary, very soft gold, it goes from hairline to easily 1.9 mm line. It pours a lot of ink to the paper, very nice!

For what I paid for the pen, i think it has much more value for what it is. Very happy with the buy and excited to add it to my collection!

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Vintage: 1910's Morrison Overlay, 1920's Wardrite Non breakable, The Eric Pen Woodgrain, 1930's Waterman Ideal Thorobred, Conklin Symetrik, 1940's Eversharp Skyline, Parker Vacumatic, 1950's Conway Stewart 15, Esterbrook J, Aurora 88K, 1970's Sheaffer Imperial, 1980's Cross Century.
Modern: Montblanc Meisterstück 149, Pelikan Souverän M800, Sailor Professional Gear, Pilot Vanishing Point, Platinum Century 3776, Lamy 2000, Delta Vintage, Visconti Rembrandt, Twsbi Vac 700, Faber Castell Ondoro, Laban Mento, Levenger True Writer, Monteverde Invincia, Kaweco Classic Sport, Stipula Bon Voyage, Lamy Safari, Rotring Freeway, Noodler's Konrad, Kaigelu 316, Airmail 69T.
Grail: Omas 360 Vintage, Nakaya Decapod Twist.
Inks: Montblanc Royal Blue, Pelikan Black, Sheaffer Blue-Black, Visconti Black, Monteverde Brown, Diamine Grape, J Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite, Iroshizuku Ama-Iro, Rohrer Klingner Alt Goldgrun, Private Reserve Shoreline Gold, Noodler's Turquoise.

#14200 79spitfire

79spitfire

No the car is NOT painted with Bay State Blue..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 17:47

That is a sweet looking pen....

The only pen I've been using lately (crazy as it seems) is my kit made "yellow frog"... It doesn't fit my hand perfectly, however the pen it self matches my personality...

Time to make a new one!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!Neko_animated.gif
Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

#14201 Six Dollar Dave

Six Dollar Dave

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 19:07

An old favorite.  A Waterman Phileas with Akkerman Ijzer-Galnoten (10).

#14202 trdsf

trdsf

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 21:43

Four in pocket today -- my usual Cascade (Hero Blue Black) and Sheaffer Triumph (Pelikan Brilliant Black), an in addition a Sheaffer Student loaded with Private Reserve DC Electric Blue, and a freshly-restored Wearever of uncertain heritage -- the body and nib are in the style of a Citation, but the cap is that of a Pennant -- topped up with Rohrer & Klingner Old Gold-Green (which color I have fallen madly for).

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."
--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
My Flickr, if you're interested

#14203 SujiCorp12345

SujiCorp12345

The Oncoming Storm

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 22:07

Lamy Safari (F) with Shin-ryoku

Rotation: Lamy Safari 1.1mm: Kon-peki, Lamy Safari F: Shin-Ryoku, Pilot 78G M: BSB, TWSBI 580 F: Aqua Blue, Pelikan M800 B: Ku-jaku, Platinum Kanazawa Leaf M: Momiji, Pilot Metropolitan M (x2): DC SSB/ Eel Blue, Noodler's Nib Creaper: Navajo Turquoise, Sailor Pro Gear Slim F: Yama-budo, Faber-Castell Ambition F: Electric DC Blue, TWSBI Vac 700 B: Absolute Brown. Pilot Vanishing Point EF: Imperial Purple

#14204 Zillaxila

Zillaxila

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 22:25

My flexi friends....sorry for the feathering (cheap paper), and the celluloids and ebonites dont show well because of the lighting.
Ink: Visconti Black.

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Vintage: 1910's Morrison Overlay, 1920's Wardrite Non breakable, The Eric Pen Woodgrain, 1930's Waterman Ideal Thorobred, Conklin Symetrik, 1940's Eversharp Skyline, Parker Vacumatic, 1950's Conway Stewart 15, Esterbrook J, Aurora 88K, 1970's Sheaffer Imperial, 1980's Cross Century.
Modern: Montblanc Meisterstück 149, Pelikan Souverän M800, Sailor Professional Gear, Pilot Vanishing Point, Platinum Century 3776, Lamy 2000, Delta Vintage, Visconti Rembrandt, Twsbi Vac 700, Faber Castell Ondoro, Laban Mento, Levenger True Writer, Monteverde Invincia, Kaweco Classic Sport, Stipula Bon Voyage, Lamy Safari, Rotring Freeway, Noodler's Konrad, Kaigelu 316, Airmail 69T.
Grail: Omas 360 Vintage, Nakaya Decapod Twist.
Inks: Montblanc Royal Blue, Pelikan Black, Sheaffer Blue-Black, Visconti Black, Monteverde Brown, Diamine Grape, J Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite, Iroshizuku Ama-Iro, Rohrer Klingner Alt Goldgrun, Private Reserve Shoreline Gold, Noodler's Turquoise.

#14205 william2001

william2001

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 841 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 22:47

I just used my Parker Sonnet F, using last few drops of Paradise Pen black ink.

Now I'm ready to try the new blue samples.

-William S. Park

#14206 Kamm

Kamm

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 42 minutes ago

I hope I did this right. First post outside of my intro thread. Lamy Vista Fine with its stock blue cartridge. Anyone have any tips on running this ink out?! I wanna try a new ink already! Haha!

Attached Images

• IMG_20140914_125338.jpg