What Pens Are You Using Today?

TheNobleSavage

The Lamy Safari Charcoal/Noodler's Navajo Turquoise that just came in today!

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

blue stripe Pelikan 800, filled with Visconti Blue

black 1950s Geha Schulfüller, filled with a Pelikan Turquoise/Private Reserve Sherwood Green mix

burgundy/black 1931 Parker Duofold Jr., filled with a homebrew burgundy mix.

The only one I have a current picture of is the Duofold (because I just listed it for sale, sad day!)

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/DougAdd/DuofoldJr.jpg

Edited by Doug Add

Lamy 2000 with medium nib,filled with Quink Blue/Black. Ciselle Sonnet with same.

best wishes

Tom Aquinas

Today, I am using a Burgundy Pilot Knight inked with Monteverde Burgundy and a Green Baoer 388 with Diamine Green Black.

TWSBI 540 Diamond, F nib, Caran d'Ache Sunset

Stuipula Passaporto, 1.1 nib, Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo

Kaweco ART Sport Füllhalter Amecitrin, M nib, Noodler's Tchaikovsky

Jackie

Just got home after a 8.00am to 11.30 pm stretch, probably the same today, as s Lamyesterda. 2000 and Ciselle Sonnet again. I like the Ciselle Sonnet Premier. The silver gives it agood weight and it is excellent for the shirt pocket.

best wishes

Tom Aquinas

PS a burgandy barreled gold filled cap P51 in the drawer. The P51's just go on.

Edited by Tom Aquinas

My rotation has been relatively culled as of late:

Pilot Vanishing Point (Vintage Faceted Model) M Nib - Diamine China blue

TWSBI 540 clear F - Diamine Kensington Blue

Lamy Dialog 3 F - Diamine Steel Blue

Lamy Safari 1.1 Italic - 1 part water : 5 parts noodlers blue eel (dries significantly quicker)

Lamy Linea 1.5mm Herringbone - Diamine Amaranth

Pelikan 400NN (ED modded) EF flexy nib - Noodler's BP Black (my current daily writer)

Parker 51 F - Diamine Chocolate Brown

Writing the list out now I realise how many different brands I currently use!!

Visit my blog Pentorium!

At work today I have been using my newly acquired Italix Parson's Essential with "M" nib. From mrpen.co.uk

use a platinum president with great satisfaction

On a quest to find the best black ink there is {on hold until i come up with good criteria}. Test subjects:

Caran d'Ache Carbon; J. Herbin Perle Noire; De Atramentis Black Edition - Black; Lamy Black; Montegrappa Black; Parker Quink Permanent Black; Pelikan Brilliant Black 4001; Sailor Kiwa-Guro Pigmented Nano Black.Not final list, PM me with further worthy test subjects

1949 sheaffer crest vac fill with jeweller's band cap loaded with waterman havana brown

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Nakaya Decapod in heki-tame, music nib, R&K Sepia.

Edison Morgan in red/black ebonite, XF nib, Diamine Registrar's ink.

Used my Sheaffer VFM, inked with a J. Herbin cartridge of Vert Empire (I need to get a bottle of this ink, it's lovely). Right now, I'm using a Pelikan Pelikano Junior inked with PR's Ebony Purple.

I'm writing an online serial thing. It's urban fantasy. And I have no idea how long it's going to run for.

1949 sheaffer crest vac fill with jeweller's band cap loaded with waterman havana brown

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Today is a Parker day. I'm field testing a Parker 45 flighter before gifting it to my brother. It will be his first fountain pen.

Just a ciselle Sonnet, well it was unril I read Paolino's post . I found a good condition old Burgandy/Gold Filled cap P45, (judging from the filler about35 years old) in a charity shop for $A3.50 (and aP51 for the same price ) that is at work in the top drawer. I;ll take the P45 as well, they are a good pen, and a very good first pen.

Best Wishes

Tom Aquinas

Edited by Tom Aquinas

Today I am using a new to me late 1920s orange Parker Duofold. The nib is a smooth fine, but seems starved for ink. The pen ia in amazing condition.

My usual for these days my two sterling silver Sonnets, a P51, and my 1917 gold filled vintage Swan is out for its' annual run.

best wishes

Tom Aquinas