• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Aquinas

• Freddy

• PAKMAN

• Bill Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be brave and I'll test whether the new seal I put in my Waterman 42 works.

Today this one:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/penlovermn/Photo1.jpg

Omas 360 Lucens HT, EF nib, PR Ebony Purple

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.

1949 sheaffer crest vac fill with jeweller's band inked in waterman havana brown

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Well, I recieved a few pens in the mail this weekend and a few from repair and also I work on a few:

Stipula Saturno Olive Woodgrain color W/1.1 Stub Nib

Aurora Optima Burgandy Red W/Broad nib (I worked on this nib for a few hours on Saturday) It was once a toothy nib now it is a smooth Juicy Broad nib!!! Patience and persistance Pays off!!

Lamy 2000 W/Broad Nib Thanks Kurt!! This is a fantastic Pen with a wonderfully smooth nib. Why did I wait so long to buy a Lamy 2000?

Visconti Copernicus Black&Blue celluloid striped W/Medium nib

Stipula Etruria Ocean Blue W/1.3 Stub Nib

TNS

Today is Sunday, so I will holster a silver Caran d'Ache Ecridor which I had a gold nib fitted. The gold nibs make a difference and are worth teh splurge.

Happy scribbling,

Tom Aquinas

Inked up a Watetman Skywriter and threw a cartridge in a Sheaffer school pen. Also wrote with a 51 I just restored and a Super 21 to compare with the 51. Yep, 51 wins!

J. Weaver

I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Inked up a Watetman Skywriter and threw a cartridge in a Sheaffer school pen. Also wrote with a 51 I just restored and a Super 21 to compare with the 51. Yep, 51 wins!

I know what you mean about the difference between the 21 and the 51. It is not surprising. The 21 was an economy model with a stainless steel nib whereas the 51 has a 14ct nib. The 51 was finished a bit better as well, As I have posted elsewhere when I left school in 1968 I bought a 21 set as my first real pens of my own. I was disappointed with the nib and Parker told me that the model I had would accept a 51 nib and they fitted it. It also leaked around the hooded section, but Parker fixed that. After changing the nib it wrote as well as a 51, but I bought a 51 when I could.

Tomorrow Monday. A 51 of course, an Aurora and maybe a Lamy 2000. The Lamy is complaining that it has not been used in a fortnight.

Happy scribbling

Best wishes

Tom Aquinas

Just inked 1930 Parker Duofold Junior streamline Jade Green fine nib... .Filled

with Montegrappa blue ink..

fpn_1330904115__parker_duofold_jr.jpg

Fred

I am using my Visconti HOmo Sapiens Steel Age I bought today. The first filling caused the pen to burp and vomit ink onto the paper, but after a thorough cleaning, I am happy to report that this may VERY well replace the Pilot VP as my favorite pen.

Current Rotation:

Pilot Vanishing Point Gun Metal Fine

Stipula Passaporto Medium

Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi Medium

For this week I have taken out Cross Townsends Tango, Medalist and Sterling Silver, all in B.

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

Parker 51 Signet with a wide stub nib and Parker Quink Blue black

Newton custom with a fine bock nib

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

1970 mb 149 mb medium broad stub with pr lake placid blue

1972 mb 149 mb medium broad stub with omas green

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

sheaffer nononsense loaded with noodler midnight blue. I use it nononsense as eyedropper. it's an excellent candidate for eyedropper

sheaffer imperial 330 loaded with noodler ottoman azure.

I did journal writing this morning with a Visconti Skeleton AG925, filled with Private Reserve D.C. Supershow Blue.

Now I am getting ready to write checks with a 1927 Sheaffer Flat Top, filled with Hero Blue.

After that, since I also have these two with me, they will probably see some action:

Aurora Optima, filled with a Parker Penman Emerald/Private Reserve Sherwood Green mix,

1931 streamline Parker Duofold Jr., filled with a homebrew burgundy mix.

Wrote a long letter to a friend with a Pilot Prera demonstrator, F nib, filled with Diamine Bilberry; a birthday note to another friend with a silver-blue Lamy Al-Star filled with Diamine Midnight; and notes for a presentation I'm giving next week with a TWSBI 540 F nib filled with Diamine Eclipse. Hm, it's a Diamine day I see.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

It's an Edison day for me:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7062/6810167292_4aa800aa76_z.jpg

1. Huron in Molten Ores Acrylic (Broad nib with Waterman Havana)

2. Huron in Lavender Ebonite (Medium nib with Noodler's FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire)

3. Glenmont Badger and Blade Limited Edition in Green/Black Swirl Ebonite (Medium nib with Noodler's 5 O'clock shadow)

4. Edison Nouveau Premiere in Cobalt Blue Acrylic (Fine Nib with Private Reserve American Blue)

5. Pearl in Navy Acrylic (Fine Nib with Noodler's Black)

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I have three inked and with me today: MB 149 (fine nib), Delta Dolce Vita Oro Piston (medium nib); and Waterman Carene (fine point). I tend to alternate during the day depending on which document I am reviewing or drafting.

Today. MB Noblesse; Cisele Sonnet; Man 100.

best wishes

Tom Aquinas