FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
What Pens Are You Using Today?
Posted 30 January 2006 - 22:13
Stipula Saturno Olive Woodgrain color W/1.1 Stub Nib
Aurora Optima Burgandy Red W/Broad nib (I worked on this nib for a few hours on Saturday) It was once a toothy nib now it is a smooth Juicy Broad nib!!! Patience and persistance Pays off!!
Lamy 2000 W/Broad Nib Thanks Kurt!! This is a fantastic Pen with a wonderfully smooth nib. Why did I wait so long to buy a Lamy 2000?
Visconti Copernicus Black&Blue celluloid striped W/Medium nib
Stipula Etruria Ocean Blue W/1.3 Stub Nib
Posted 30 January 2006 - 22:16
- Pelikan M400 White Tortoise (J.Herbin "Eclat de Saphir") and its Mechanical Pencil companion.
- Pelikan M620 Place de la Concorde. (Noodler's Aquamarine)
- Waterman Sérénité. (Noodler's Black)
Edited by Denis Richard, 30 January 2006 - 22:22.
Posted 31 January 2006 - 18:00
Taccia continental in Jade Green, italic nib, with Lamy Green
Viceroy with AM Bordeaux
and in my pen case in my backpack
Sheaffer Legacy Heritage with Levenger Skies of Blue
Danitrio Avant Garde with PR Blue Suede (my favorite ink)
Posted 31 January 2006 - 19:50
with Matching Pencil
Marxton (Eclipse) streamline in green and black marble with flex Warranted 14K nib - Diamine Imperial Purple
and, not in the pocket because it is missing a clip,
big black Eclipse flat-top with Warranted 14K Canada nib, semi-flex - Diamine Violet
Plus a bevey of pens in the carrying case.
You should get a Yink, I think.
- Dr Suess
Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"
Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:26
Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:37
Cross Sport...Cross Noir...
Cross Verve...Cross Noir
Pelikan Level 5...Pelikan Level Blue/Black
Parker 17...PR Velvet Black
Just four I picked out...trying to see if they will be around after the cull...
for sure the Verve and 17 will
the Level is a strong probable
the Sport is a maybe...I have several...
Posted 11 February 2006 - 23:41
Nice wet medium nib, loaded with vintage Skrip Washable Blue. It's a great complement for the Blue Cedar "51":
Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:16
I chose the clipless version since the pen really is too big to fit comfortably in a shirt pocket. The only marking on the pen (other than on the two-tone 18k gold nib) is the signature in Kongi of the artist in gold color on the section.
Maybe in time I'll tire of using it, but I wouldn't bet that way.
Now the question is what to do with the other 200 pens in my collection.
Since this is my first post, I'm not sure the image will show up. If it does, you should note that it is Kevin Cheng's, not mine.
Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:28
Posted 12 February 2006 - 20:37
1) New: Danitrio flex-fine polished raw ebonite Densho eyedropper model, Aurora Black ink. Was having problems with ink flow through the feed, but things are somewhat better after an adjustment by Jim At Bertram's Inkwell (Baltimore, MD). When the ink is flowing like it should, this is one amazing pen. If it gives me any more significant probs, will contact the ever-gracious Winedoc, but I think it's gonna be all good from here.
2) New: Blue Pelikan M605, medium nib, Aurora Blue ink. Bought on clearance at Bertram's, the same day Jim adjusted my new Dani, this is one hell of a pen. Slightly stingy with ink flow, but I'm okay with that. Different flow characteristics are called for with different inks/situations. The nib is pretty much a nail, but gets good line variation as the Pelikan standard seems somewhat of a stub by some other makers' standards. At least that's my relatively pen noob experience. I like this pen size physically more than any other Pelikan. Large enough for me to hold comfortably, but without the brass weight of its larger brothers.
3) Old: I'm rarely without one of two Parker 75s given to me by my dad. I remember playing with these pens at less than 5 years of age, and they still write as well or better than anything I have. The one I usually carry is a ciselé with a springy wet medium nib, always filled with Aurora Blue.
Edited by amin, 12 February 2006 - 20:40.
Posted 12 February 2006 - 23:33
Begun, the Spam Wars Have.
How to Be a Perfect Lady: according to the media - a satire
The Adventures of Chewie
Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:35
Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:54
the pen is in my avatar is LAMY Studio Palladium 14K
Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:12
a Pelikan M420, F, "David's Real Waterman Blue Black" (4 parts Florida Blue: 1 part Black)
a Lamy 2000, F, Noodler's Tahitian Pearl
a vintage Aurora 88, M, Waterman Havana Brown
a black Waterman Charleston, F, Waterman Red
and a grey Waterman Carène, F, Sailor BB
Also, my Pelikan LE 1935 Lapis is currently sitting on my desk with a bellyful of Havana Brown, awaiting the arrival of a medium stub from Richard. I'd take this pen everywhere, but I would really, really hate to lose it. Have a great day,
Edited by parrhesia, 13 February 2006 - 10:12.
Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:05
Now looking for a Sheaffer OS Balance with a Stub nib or a Music nib
Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:52
* Sheaffer Imperial Cadmium Yellow with my mixture of 1/2 Montblanc red and 1/2 Sheaffer King's Gold (I might find some time to check those articles).
(Picture by nope)
* Sheaffer Intrigue Blue-blue with that magnificent factory stub nib and Pelikan Violet ink. Addictive nib.
(Pic by PenHero)
* Pelikan M200 Anthracite with replacement stub nib from Pendemonium and back Quink.
(Pic by Swisherpens)
* Dani Trio Mikado size Matte Ebonite with Noodler's Blue Black flowing from its factory stub nib.
(Pic by Winedoc)
* Namiki/Pilot Vanishing Point in Black Carbonesque with replacement stub nib from Pendemonium and Noodler's Standard Brown.
(Pic by Namiki)
Do I need five pens for a ten days trip? You are right! I should be taking more with me
Posted 15 February 2006 - 13:12
Pelikan M215 with cursive italic nib and Private Reserve Midnight Blues