Super sale on ebay+MSN 30% off, get your pens now

scoob

I don't know if you guys check out ebay :)

but MSN live and ebay are doing a sale. Search an item like "namiki vanishing" on "www.live.com" and click on the link with a 30% banner on it which will lead to ebay. Purchase a buy it now item, making sure the 30% banner is active and make sure again that the appropriate saving is listed and you are set.

Details here : http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html?_trksid=m38

Don't know how long it'll last but I picked up a Raden for 204.40 shipped and a Fermo for 148.

Good luck.

Edited by scoob

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmkeuning

• thibaulthalpern

• Univer

• Siv

Like. Wow.

Very cool! Thanks.

(Now, what to buy...)

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

I bought a laptop using this rebate a few months back. It does appear to work. Just to reiterate, it must be a "Buy It Now" item. Also, it will be 60 days until you can request payment. Then it appears to take 1-2 weeks before they issue the payment.

I purchased my item towards the end of July. I requested payment September 24. The status now says: "Microsoft will issue payment in 7 days", but it's said that for the last 10 days. Still, I'm pretty confident they'll make good on their word.

30% is a great deal. It was only 20% when I bought the laptop.

eBay live.com search policy notes this:

After your first Cashback-eligible purchase is completed, you must go to My Messages and look for an email from eBay with "cashback" in the subject line. Click the "Get Cashback" link or button in that email to set up a Program account with Microsoft by providing all information required by Microsoft (or, if you already have a Program account, log into your Program account in order to associate your eBay purchases with that account). You must set up a Program account with Microsoft in accordance with the Microsoft Program Terms to receive Cashback Rewards;

I don't understand what is a "program account with Microsoft". What does that mean?

m( _ _ )m (– , –) \ (^_^) /

another US-only stuff :/ :(

I've never seen Polish PayPal nor eBay.pl offer any rebate or cashback

Yes, there is a lot of U.S.-centric stuff, unfortunately.

eBay live.com search policy notes this:

After your first Cashback-eligible purchase is completed, you must go to My Messages and look for an email from eBay with "cashback" in the subject line. Click the "Get Cashback" link or button in that email to set up a Program account with Microsoft by providing all information required by Microsoft (or, if you already have a Program account, log into your Program account in order to associate your eBay purchases with that account). You must set up a Program account with Microsoft in accordance with the Microsoft Program Terms to receive Cashback Rewards;

I don't understand what is a "program account with Microsoft". What does that mean?

sorry-

to clairfy it just means you should have a passport account with MSN- you pretty much set one up when you create a hotmail account.

Also you'll need a paypal account since this is a partnership with MSN and paypal.

I just used up all 6 purchases last night buying pens and a new Sprint Phone. :roflmho:

Thanks to Scoob I'm now 4 more pens in debt :)

If I read the rules of this thing correctly, you can make a max of six purchases which qualify. One session is the 60 minutes from when you link from live search to eBay. Just go back to live search and search again back to eBay for a new session.

The maximum cashback in a session is $200. The maximum total lifetime cashback is $2500.

I think there is still quite some mileage in this deal...

Edit: you can only do this for 6 sessions per account.

Edited by Siv

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

Yeah, the only thing is you just have to deposit the refund into MSN's cashback account and wait for 60 days and make sure that little "Cashback" icon is present during your purchases.

I did this over the summer when MSN only gave you 3 purchases and have since transferred my refund into the paypal account.

Finally got that Raden and Fermo using this along with a nice PDA phone. :thumbup:

PS- if you need more "purchases" you could always make a new ebay account... that supposedly works according to my brother... the sale is still on. Now I need to find more stuff to buy.

Edited by scoob

I bought a laptop using this rebate a few months back. It does appear to work. Just to reiterate, it must be a "Buy It Now" item. Also, it will be 60 days until you can request payment. Then it appears to take 1-2 weeks before they issue the payment.

I purchased my item towards the end of July. I requested payment September 24. The status now says: "Microsoft will issue payment in 7 days", but it's said that for the last 10 days. Still, I'm pretty confident they'll make good on their word.

30% is a great deal. It was only 20% when I bought the laptop.

I just recently received my cash back from a sale a couple month's ago. So I'm cool with trying it again. :)

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

Is it just me? Or is it 20% off now?

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

Jim, it does look as though they changed it to 20%. Bummer!

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

Jim, it does look as though they changed it to 20%. Bummer!

Dave

BUMMER! I'm glad I bought my Custom 742 a few days before they reduced the discount. I paid about $186 upfront but will be getting $56 back...in 2 months. I wonder if this has anything related to the 10% reduction in eBay staff that happened today.

Edited by thibaulthalpern

Thanks to this thread I was able to get some pens that I had spotted only on Ebay for 30% off. Fun while it lasted!

Wassup wid that, homes? Looks like you're WANT to feel the hurt. -ethernautrix

Right now it's back at 30%

You are wonderful. I have been looking for a printer... I just bought it. NICE!

Six bottles of Noodlers for $50!!!!

I am going to bed now. I need to stop!

(Oh, one more thing to look for)

Everybody should so totally be doing this.

Since last night, I have had two ebay sellers create Buy It Now auction just for me. I go to ebay through a LIVE.COM search, navigate to the auction, and get my 30% off.

Everybody should so totally be doing this.

Since last night, I have had two ebay sellers create Buy It Now auction just for me. I go to ebay through a LIVE.COM search, navigate to the auction, and get my 30% off.

I just used this as well and received $30 off my ebay purchase. Great savings.....its almost like free money, you just have to spend a little to get some money back.