Lobbying for new Noodler's bulletproof purple!

kookychick

I've been following this thread with great anticipation. Looks like the new ink is about to pop. I'm very excited. Good work, kookychick!

Kudzu

"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Happy Pan Pacific Pen Club Member!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiavonne

• kookychick

• Deirdre

• GardenWeasel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is the closest to conventional depth and the furthest from the pastel effect of most eternal colored (non-black) inks yet, as well as being cellulose reactive and repelled by plastic - so it rinses out as easily as Noodler's Black!

Sounds intruiguing. I look forward to seeing the samples. I hope that it will have the anti-feathering properties of Noodler's Black as well. My main interest in the ink would be as a mixer, to tone down the green in some Noodler's blues (e.g., Navy) and to add a bulletproof element to non-bulletproof colors.

Viseguy

Do we have to email to get this ink? Details please!! :cloud9:

I don't think you need to email to order this ink at this point--originally, we needed 20 people to email to say they wanted this ink in the first place (to justify making it). But there must have been enough demand, since Nathan is making the ink! :D

I'm hoping it becomes part of Nathan's regular lineup of inks, too! I'm sure Nathan will tell us how to purchase this ink when it gets to that point! ;)

Like Viseguy (and I'm sure many others), I also hope for minimal feathering like Noodler's Black--while I tolerate feathering if I REALLY love the color (and then will mostly use it only on Clairefontaine paper), I'm actually somewhat picky about feathering.

Thanks for the kind words, kudzu! :)

Inks currently in pens: Noodler's La Reine Mauve, Rachmaninov, Prime of the Commons Blue-Black, Naval Orange, MN Whaleman's Sepia, Verdun Green, Majestic Orange; J. Herbin Violette Pensée, Rose Cyclamen, Orange Indien

Blog Twitter Facebook

We may have to trade some feathering for the rest of the ink features Nathan is throwing in. i would expect it will most likely be like his other popular bulletproofs, and we'll see a little feathering, dependent upon our paper choice. I'm set for what he comes up with right now. I'm excited, and I am ready for the ink!

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

We may have to trade some feathering for the rest of the ink features Nathan is throwing in. i would expect it will most likely be like his other popular bulletproofs, and we'll see a little feathering, dependent upon our paper choice. I'm set for what he comes up with right now. I'm excited, and I am ready for the ink!

I haven't had any feathering issues with most of his BP inks (even with some that others report having feathering issues), so I'm optimistic! :) I know this ink is different and unique, but if the other purplish colors I've tried are any indication (maybe not a safe assumption, I realize), then I'm sure it'll be fine! (In my search for a BP purple, I've tried Iraqi Indigo/The Violet Vote, Vanda Miss Joaquim, Lotus Grace, Lermontov, Singapore Sepia, and Mata Hari's Cordial. All nice colors, and I'll still use them, but not exactly "it"! ;)) And I mostly use Clairefontaine paper for journaling, so that controls most inks anyway!

I'm excited, too! This ink sounds fantastic! :D

Inks currently in pens: Noodler's La Reine Mauve, Rachmaninov, Prime of the Commons Blue-Black, Naval Orange, MN Whaleman's Sepia, Verdun Green, Majestic Orange; J. Herbin Violette Pensée, Rose Cyclamen, Orange Indien

Blog Twitter Facebook

I stumbled across this thread a little later than most, but I've got to say I'm very interested!! Lately, I seem to be in a purple mood and the idea of a bulletproof purple that kookychick asked for and Nathan described is really exciting. My first few ecounters with Noodler's inks left me a little unsatisfied, but I've recently found a few beautifully-behaving Noodler's inks that I absolutely love. :cloud9:

Plus, this is the first time in four years that I'll have to keep a paper gradebook to go along with my computer grade and attendence records. Not that I don't trust my students - or my own clumsy self!! - but it's very reassuring to know that I have permanent inks in lots of colors that I can use with my official documents. When I need to make a marginal note or highlight something important, it's nice to have something more interesting than black or blue to turn to.

I can't wait to see some samples, but either way, I'll take a bottle!!

All the best,

Mike

Flow good, ooze bad!

Mike

I've been following this thread for a while and I've held off on committing to getting some of this ink when it comes out. Finances, and already having more ink than I'll use in my remaining lifetime, are factors.

But if it's not too pricey I might well go for some. I comment just in case anyone was wondering if there might be one more person who'd like an ink like this. And over time, if this became an ink offered for sale on a regular basis, I'm sure I'd weaken if it were still around and buy some.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

I would love to see what comes of this. I heart purple! I like the idea of a catfish donning a royal purple cloak wielding a golden scepter.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

I just emailed. The folks replied that this must be purchased from The Fountain Pen Network. So I guess it's a done deal. I just need to find the link to order it.

Edited by BucolicBuffalo

I just emailed. The folks replied that this must be purchased from The Fountain Pen Network. So I guess it's a done deal. I just need to find the link to order it.

Uh, better make sure they understand what the email is about. FPN does have 3 exclusive inks that must be purchased through FPN. This new ink hasn't been finalized yet by Nathan yet, and I believe it will be an ink available to anyone. If anyone had an exclusive on this one, I'd say it would be kookychick, but I believe your email was probably misunderstood by whomever received it at Noodler's. The email was a campaign to say, "yes I would be interested in this ink," to see if Nathan would create a new purple bulletproof. It isn't an FPN exclusive, though the ideas flowed from the contributors on these forums.

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Uh, better make sure they understand what the email is about. FPN does have 3 exclusive inks that must be purchased through FPN. This new ink hasn't been finalized yet by Nathan yet, and I believe it will be an ink available to anyone. If anyone had an exclusive on this one, I'd say it would be kookychick, but I believe your email was probably misunderstood by whomever received it at Noodler's. The email was a campaign to say, "yes I would be interested in this ink," to see if Nathan would create a new purple bulletproof. It isn't an FPN exclusive, though the ideas flowed from the contributors on these forums.

Thanks! I will email them again.

Has there been any update on this? I can't wait to see the samples!

I just saw this thread and I'm curious too!!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png fpn_1315221373__inkdroplogofpn.jpg

Has there been any update on this? I can't wait to see the samples!

Same here, I normally use a mix of Noodlers to get a nice purple that is also bulletproof, I would love to see a pre-made bulletproof purple that looks hopefully even better.

Harry Leopold

“Prints of Darkness”

Just bumping the thread to see if there's any new updates! I'm currently experimenting with a 50/50 mix of Iraqi Indigo and Vanda Miss Joaquim that's pretty nice. As soon as I become un-buried with schoolwork (probably not for another month, though :(), I'll post a scan! :)

Blog Twitter Facebook

Would like to try this myself :rolleyes:

NIGEL

Exploding Ink Maestro

Pens: Caran d'Ache Leman Godron, Lamy Safari, Italix Parsons Essential, Mont Blanc LeGrande '90 years' Edition, Sigma Style, Italix Vipers Strike, Parker Sonnet, Omas 360, Parker Duofold (c.1950), Conway Stewart #286, Conway Stewart #24, Onoto Magna Classic in Chased Midnight Blue and SS Trim