If MB would produce the 139 again would you buy it ?

goodguy

If MB would introduce the 139 again and the price would be the same as the 149 would you buy it ?

If MB would make it but only as a LE pen and charge 1000$ would you then buy it ?

Respect to all

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• meiers

• niksch

• Bryant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they made it in blue celluloid with platinum trim, sure.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Interesting question. I'd consider buying it if I could get an OM or OB nib, and otherwise it was practically identical to the original 139. I'd like the sterling rings (instead of three gold rings like the Hemingway) on the cap, the larger star like on the 1930s versions of the 139, and a long ink window.

I'm only budgeted for one new MB a year, so I'd have to weigh the purchase of the proposed new 139 with the new Writer's Edition, I guess.

Eric

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Yes, I would buy it.

But only if it looks like a regular edition without additional decoration, strangly shaped motif clips or "bling".

For a regular edition black resin would be fine, for a limited edtion I would love something similar to the faboulous grey PL (similar/same as Omas Arco Grey celluloid) celluloid they used for the 12X models.

I think right now you could have Paul Rossi make Flatttop top and bottom parts for the current production 149 to make it look like a 139.

I'm admiring the flatop special edition models (Bach, Karajan,...) since a long time but just don't like the design of their clips, cap bands and nibs.

Cheers

Michael

I would also join the line to purchase. If the price point was around that of the current 149, a resin version would be OK. However, if priced as a LE I would expect the pen to be made from black celluloid (the grey/green striated celluloid would be OK as well, but I would prefer black).

As Michael R mentioned, no additional adornments or "semi/precious" stones, etc. Just a replica of the classic shape and trim. I actually prefer the short ink window version.

Mark

Edited by Diamondback

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try" Mark Twain (American Humourist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

I agree with Michael and Mark...a grey PL for an LE and regular celluloid or resin for a normal version.

Good call!

Thank a Veteran.

To be honest a 138 or 136 would be OK as well so it would not look like a "Hemingway-look alike".

A slightly thinner but longer shape (compared to the Hemingway) would be fine.

Cheers

Michael

I would love to see such a pen on the market

Filling a fountain pen is much more fun than changing a printer cartridge

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I would get one but expect the price to be considerably higher than $1,000, maybe $1,500 or more. There has been pent up demand for the 139 judging by the popularity of vintage models that fetch around $3,000 (condition dependent). Hemingway, the closest modern example to the 139 remains in demand despite the 30,000 or so pens produced.

If MB keeps the 149 nib and simply retools for a Hemingwayesq type model in black I think the reborn 139 will be an instant hit. Make that a double hit if they go with one in burgundy as well following their other meisterstuck color. They could release it as a special edition first testing the waters for demand and then slowly build up the production. This would create both (1) limited inital supply driving up the demand of us pen nuts; (2) maintain exclusivity as the next MB gotta have it pen; and (3) allow them to test the waters before committing whole hog into big production numbers.

A blue celluloid and silver trim 139 would be the one MB I'd consider buying. MB's leave me completely cold, but the shape of the 139 makes my heart pitter-patter.

Best,

David

Most definitely, but no gaudiness (i.e diamonds etc). It would be nice of they continued the "Historicals" theme from 2006 every so many years. The 2006 one was a bit obscure/impractical.

Okay Montblanc...let's get hot!! Looks like there is a potential market for a re-release of the 139.

Eric

Thank a Veteran.

What's so great about the 139?

Yeh, could you guys enlighten me too?

(didn't want to be the first to bring this up :embarrassed_smile: )

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

What's so great about the 139?

Yeh, could you guys enlighten me too?

(didn't want to be the first to bring this up :embarrassed_smile: )

I like big pens, and this one is just that. As I know, and someone can correct me if I am wrong, the 149 replaced this pen. It has a thick girth and the nib is just as big as 149...

Now I am by no means an MB expert, but thats why I like it... Big for me is better... :thumbup:

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Please post a photo of the 139. Many of us have never seen one and have no idea what this thread is about.

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

I have to agree. I have the 149, I have several Writers Editions, along with a couple of 146's, I dont get what the thread is about. Please post pictures or something that will give me a frame of reference.

Thanks!

Not all those who wander are lost.

Would love to have a 139 but not over some of the WE's.

Pelikan M800 Black with Green. (F) Army Green

Paradise Pens 5280 Carbon Fiber.(F) DC Supershow Blue

Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 149 (M) Black Cherry

Sailor 1911 F Demonstrator (M) Kiri-Same

Pilot VP Raden (M) Seasons Greetings 06

Pilot VP Yellow (F) Baystate Blue

Ink Count:42