Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Rotring mechanical pencil problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roggalogga

Roggalogga

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 19:20

Hi everyone (my very first post). I know this is mostly a fountain pen network, but maybe someone can help me with this. Neither the swedish retailer nor Rotring in Germany have answered my please-help-emails.

I'm a newbe in the fountain world, but I I have had two Rotring mechanical pencils for years (I believe they are both 600-series - one 0,7 and one 0,5) that all of a sudden just stopped working.

They've stopped pushing the led. I have tried to open them up and putting all the pieces back together again.
If anyone has an advise, I would be most grateful. Either on how I should repair them or where to send the pencils

Roggalogga, Sweden

PS: Just bought a Lamy Vista and a Pilot Prera – so I guess my pencil days are counted...

Edited by Roggalogga, 09 May 2008 - 21:53.

#2 Bernie0104

Bernie0104

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:10

Hi there!

Have you tried clearing the lead tube with the thin metal pin attached to the eraser? You may have a fragment of broken lead stuck in there. The metal pin is for clearing the lead tube in situations like that. Just unscrew the front section of the pencil and insert the pin down the lead tube at the tip. You may find that a short length of broken lead falls out. Put the pencil back together and try it again. The Rotring 600s are very reliable pencils, so I would be surprised if there is much more wrong than this. if your 600 does not have the metal pin (I've seen some that don't), just use a spare lead. Be careful not to break it though!

Hope this helps,

Bernie.