• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Taki

• DilettanteG

• wvbeetlebug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooooo! I will eventually have to try this. I wonder how it looks diluted. I don't really care for black ink, but this one looks like the one I might get :) Thanks for the review!

Thanks for the review, Kcat. I love purples & this one looks really nice. Have you compared it to the FPN tulipe noire?

Thanks for the review, Kcat. I love purples & this one looks really nice. Have you compared it to the FPN tulipe noire?

Bluer (and darker) than Tulipe Noire. I'll try to get a minute to do a side-by-side.

by the way, i found a page that was supposed to be in that last snail. :headsmack: I bet you had fun trying to figure out the weird segue.

Edited by KCat

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

love it! also like your writing :)

I think such an ink (traditional blue or black w/ a purple hue) can work very well for my purposes. I was looking at Aurora's Blue - is it in between these two that you used?

Thanks!

Ivo

Thanks for the review. I only recently became aware that there was such a thing as a blackish purple. Kind of a dark eggplant.

Regards,

Ray

Oooh... I ordered this ink and am impatiently waiting its arrival! Unfortunately it may take a while... :(

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4619/inkxchangemm0.png Currently out of vials.my ink list

Ink of the moment: mix of Noodler's Lermontov, Britannia's Blue Waves, and Whiteness of the Whale

Thank you VERY much, KCat!! Great review. It's been on my "wait and see" list but has definately moved to my "gotta have" list.

Spooky P.

Thanks for the review, KCat. I like the look of this colour.

Neil

[FPN ACCOUNT ABANDONED. I AM NO LONGER ACTIVE HERE, BUT AM SADLY UNABLE TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND DELETE MY POSTS.]

How does it compare to Black Magic Blue?

Definitely much more purple. Flow more controlled. I found BMB (a favorite) to be like Tanzanite in terms of flow. EP is more "restrained" but not stingy if that makes any sense. It flows well, but it doesn't spread.

I'd say it's a lot like Noodler's Purple Martin in hue, but condensed 5X :) okay, that may be a slight exaggeration but it is that sort of dusky purple but sooo dark.

KCat

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

KCat,

you have such a wonderful, beautiful wet stub writer! I'm totally envious! If I just had such a pen ... I wouldn't bother which ink has which flow issues! Thank you for the great review - I enjoyed it a lot. It's really an amazing new colour - and thank you so mich for doing a review so short after the release!

KCat,

you have such a wonderful, beautiful wet stub writer! I'm totally envious! If I just had such a pen ... I wouldn't bother which ink has which flow issues! Thank you for the great review - I enjoyed it a lot. It's really an amazing new colour - and thank you so mich for doing a review so short after the release!

This was a Levenger Verona that suffered from feed starvation (Stipula problem for a few years that I believe has been resolved with newer models) - I sent it to Mr. Binder for help. He fixed the flow problem - very well. :) I had it stubbed to suit my hand but with my personal preference of a slightly "sharp" stub. Not as soft on the corners as a typical Binder stub, not as sharp as a cursive italic.

Now if I could just get back to decent handwriting, I could do some justice to the pen. The result is a smooth stub that has a bit more definition and variation than most.

KCat

• 4 weeks later...

Great review, thanks. That's a color I am looking for although I have had some problems with nib creep and Private Reserve (especially Black Magic Blue). What are your thoughts?

didn't notice any nib creep on this one. Also must say both colors dried quite quickly on the page considering how dark they are. But no feathering either.

KCat

Great review and great handwriting,Kcat! I'll have to consider PR Ebony Purple along with getting Noodler's Purple Martin!

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Same disclaimers as on Ebony Green. Get it as is now, or get it better (and neater) weeks from now. :P

Great review! I'm not knowledgeable enough to get into technical details, but I can tell you that I recently acquired PR Ebony Purple, and it is the one I have been looking for. Now my favorite.

I like Waterman Purple, keep it in one pen, PR Lake Placid Blue in another, and Noodler's Nightshade in yet another. PR EP gives me what I thought Noodler's would; the Noodler's is a little too "charcoal grey," don't really see the purple in it.

Of course, you can't trust me - I'm partially colorblind unless the light is real good. Maybe that is why I need the strong colors. See how I am?

At any rate, thanks again for the confirmation.

Ken

Thanks for the review. I really like this ink. I will have to put it on my list.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.