10 replies to this topic

#1 jdboucher

jdboucher

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 20:22

Anyone tried Aladine ink? My local stationary store sells it.

#2 jdboucher

jdboucher

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,332 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:15

anyone?

#3 satrap

satrap

chgosatrap

• Member - Gold

• 1,353 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:40

Hi JDB, I know Aladine's sealing wax (I think that's the same company) but have not tried their inks.

Edited by satrap, 06 May 2008 - 02:44.

"... because I am NOT one of your FANZ!" the INTP said to the ESFJ.

#4 scribbler77

scribbler77

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 828 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:33

QUOTE(jdboucher @ May 3 2008, 04:22 PM) View Post
Anyone tried Aladine ink? My local stationary store sells it.

Aren't they calligraphy inks? Unless the label indicates that they are suitable for fountain pens, use only with dip and glass pens. (This is a guess. If I am wrong, someone should correct me.)

Edited by scribbler77, 06 May 2008 - 03:33.

#5 Ray-Vigo

Ray-Vigo

Parts Bin Denizen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:37

I have a bottle of dark blue Aladine ink in a glass bottle with an Elephant on it. It appears to be dip pen only ink.

#6 journeyman42

journeyman42

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 13:44

I use their sealing wax (the metalics are not so good), but I was unaware of their inks. If they are only for dip pens it is best not to attempt it in a fountain pen.
When going on a journey always take your pen.

#7 Dirk

Dirk

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:33

I have two bottles of Aladine ink: Aubergine and Violet. They are for dip pens only, do not put them in a fountain pen. The labels on the bottom say, "Use only with nib holder or brush". BTW, the Aubergine is the most bleed through proof ink I have ever tried. I use it with a fine glass tip pen for notes in my bible, which has the thin bible paper, and it does not bleed through. Can not say this about all Aladine inks as the Violet does bleed through a bit.

#8 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• 1,108 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:59

Aladine makes fountain pen ink, it comes in a 30ml roundish bottle, and seven different colors, Aladine Catalog

I thought they did, because I know Greg Clark reviewed some Aladine inks in his Ink Sampler a few years ago.
FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me, and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!

For Sale:
TBA

#9 englishchese

englishchese

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2011 - 17:32

I have a aladine ink but is before my fountain pen days and I got it with a feather pen
Do you think that it works with a fountain pen

#10 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,719 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:47

Aladine makes fountain pen ink, it comes in a 30ml roundish bottle, and seven different colors, Aladine Catalog

My screen says that this catalog is only in French (no offense meant). The flags up to the left don't work . But the URL itself does say "calligraphy".

Mike
Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#11 aj3537

aj3537

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:43

Hi, they sell Aladine ink a the campus book store. I bought Bleu Nacre which is a light pearl blue. I put it into a disposal varsity and haven't had a problem. I love this light blue. I even mix by adding half a fill of other ink colors just to change the color up. I wouldn't put it into a regular fountain pen but with my varsity, I won't cry if I have to throw it away. So far, no clogs. When I change or add more ink, I run water through the nib and it works great. I would suggest using a dip pen or get a hand full of varsity pens.

One thing that is advised against and I have avoided it like the plaque, is once you fill up a fountain pen with non fountain ink, use that pen every day or else the ink will dry in the nib and cause a clog. Unless I'm rewriting my notes, I never fill the pen more than half and usually run out by the end of the next day. I also always store the pen nib up.

I hope this was helpful. I intend to try the other colors soon but they only carry 3 or 4 colors. If anyone wants to share some, I would love to trade.
Ink Exchange: D Imperial Purple, Poppy Red, Sapphire Blue, N Army, Blue Ghost, Cayenne, Dragon Napalm, Lightning Blue, Red Devil, Polar Black and Blue, Purple, Shah's Rose, St. Patty's Eire, Green Marine, Summer Tanger, North African Violets, P Brilliant Green, PR Arabian Rose, Purple Mojo, Spearmint, Shell Pink, W South Seas Blue, Purple, J.H 1670 Red, Blue, and Vert Reseda, DeA School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Would love ink donations.