Well, 125 Transactions Before My First Problem

EventHorizon

I have been selling some newer electronic stuff on E-Bay and with 125 tranactions to my credit at 100% the party might be over. Below is the latest round of communication with the buyer. Please note, this is the third round of communications with the buyer asking the same question.

Buyer

Dear Seller,

You charged me twice, so you please refund my money back. We do not want to report to the eBay, and PayPal for this fraud. But if you still do not refund my money back, then we have to do that. Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience, and thank you so much for your understanding.

Best Regards,

- bhkmart

My Third Reply

Dear bhkmart,

Just so we are clear, I did not charge you twice. You or PayPal sent the payment twice. I refunded $40.80 on 4/19/08 through PayPal to BHKmart (e-mail -------------) and the transaction code is "Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #06790220842550458)" which is a copy and paste straight from PayPal's website which also shows that the transaction was completed. Again, this payment was sent 4/19/08 to you. If you feel you need to report this then so be it. I have the receipt of payment back to you if/when someone needs a copy.

The buyer has a decent rating and I went 6 layers deep into his/her history. I guess that doesn't always matter. Just felt like %$*&^ing this morning

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EventHorizon

• jmw19

• artaddict

• GuidoForks

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps there is just a delay in the refund? Sometimes PayPal takes a while to process a refund. There have been times too that they haven't sent notification emails.

I hope it works out for you.

Watermans Flex Club & Sheaffer Lifetime Society Member

I agree and do always try to keep that in mind but on 4/23/08 he/she accepted the payment per an e-mail I received:

This email confirms that BHKmart has accepted the $40.80 USD you sent.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

You probably DO want to get eBay/PayPal involved. In my experience if you present concrete evidence in a dispute, they will find in your favour.

Well, this is why I always look at a sellers' feedback. It's usually easy to tell the difference between an unscrupulous seller and one who just sold to a problem buyer. It's also why I think the feedback system is broken; retaliation is far too easy, and much of the burden of proof is on the seller.

I hope things turn out in the end, but keep your spirits up, EH. A negative feedback or two seems to be the price of business (apart from all the fees), and shouldn't affect your sales in the end.

Best,

Jon