Mumbai Pen Shops

hari317

Hari,

What a great photo tour!

The wooden pen display cases in the Aspara Pen Market caught my eye.

Fred

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• 1nkulus

• Yohaanrods

• Abhishek Walwaikar

Thank you for these great photos. It's wonderful to see our hobby alive and well across the globe.

:cloud9:

Edited by GardenCity-NY

JC3

• 2 months later...

Thank you ,for such deatial info .It is usefull...keep upadating.Any Idea where to get Manuscript pen in Mumbai.I have heard its available at Abdul rehaman street.

• 1 month later...

A small update from my recent trip to Bombay: Apsara now has a swanky new showroom about 40 yards inside the lane just left of the shop. They were in the process of overhauling their inventory, and would have a fresh new stock of vintages soon. Ask for "Anand bhai" and he'll give you a good deal. Last checked, they had a lovely Steel capped Parker 51 Vac selling for 1400 INR – that's less than 30USD!

http://oi44.tinypic.com/30vg3eo.jpg

Follow at @rg1283 and http://bluecabbage.blogspot.com

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gr8 pics Hari!

hving workd in tht fountain area fr 6 yrs and passed those lanes 10k times, never really stopped to adore these pens in daily chaos of city life.

tks Hari.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Hari,

What a tour of mumbai especially with fountain pen....and with the aid of photo it was a charm !!!!! i think you use DSLR camera cause the photo are very nice and sharp.....

Just two day before i had visited the shop (Apsara pen mart) and the person in the photo......

Nice work...

I am newcomer to Fountain pens...pls suggest me good ink....is it Parker or chelpark ????????

Thanks Hari,

What a tour of mumbai especially with fountain pen....and with the aid of photo it was a charm !!!!! i think you use DSLR camera cause the photo are very nice and sharp.....

Just two day before i had visited the shop (Apsara pen mart) and the person in the photo......

Nice work...

I am newcomer to Fountain pens...pls suggest me good ink....is it Parker or chelpark ????????

Thank you! My OP is now 4+ years old, some of the shops have undergone a facelift/renovation, but I am glad it still continues to be of help to one looking for pens in Mumbai.

I used the Canon Powershot A720IS for this thread. It is an ordinary point and shoot camera. :)

Camel royal blue is an excellent ink IMO. for Black I recommend Parker Quink made by Luxor. The chelpark of today is made by a company called "PG stationery", not Chelpark themselves.

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hari Babu.

Its amazing.. I am new to this forum.. though i had registered myself on this forum couple of yrs back, but following it actively now..

Thanks for Mumbai darshan, will try and visit these store...

Regards

• 5 weeks later...

Hello hari,

Thank you very much for this tour of Mumbai shops. I truly enjoyed it. It tastes for more.

I wonder what it is like to live in a city with so many inhabitants. Where I live there are about 600,000 inhabitants and 16 million totall in The Netherlands.

Furthermore, it pleases me that you have such a good contact with tte shopkeepers/owners.

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

Thanks Goldenkrishna. I am really curious why you named your handle goldenkrishna. :)

Hello hari,

You make lovely and highly appreciated contributions on FPN!:thumbup:

It took quite a while for someone to ask me about my username. I already expected that one of the members from India would ask me about it. I'm aware that it looks rather pretentious to use this name. Especially, to you and your fellow statesmen, that is when you are 'religious' or better still 'spiritual'.

Now, answering your question could be rather simple, if I should feel inclined to. But this is quite personal and I'm not yet shure whether it is the right thing to elaborate on this.

Seriously, I do not want to be secretive, so let's just see it as a user name!

Now, I have a question for you: Do you have an inclination towards Hinduism, Vedanta or Advaita Vedanta?

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

Now, I have a question for you: Do you have an inclination towards Hinduism, Vedanta or Advaita Vedanta?

Yes. :)

Hello hari,

Thank you for the 'clear' answer!

In my reply to you I noticed: 'I'm aware that it looks rather pretentious to use this name. Especially, to you and your fellow statesmen, that is when you are 'religious' or better still 'spiritual'.', that this could be interpreted as meaning all of the people of India, whereas I meant your fellow members from India!!

I love India for several reasons, but most of all that India is the source, the birtplace of spirituality. And those magnificent Rishis, Avatars, Yogis and Yoginis keep it alive and pass it on. So, now people from all over the globe can learn and evolve by studying the scriptures and by practicing yoga.:clap1:

Thanks again and I wish you love & peace.

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

Yes. :)

Hello hari,

Thank you for the 'clear' answer!

In my reply to you I noticed: 'I'm aware that it looks rather pretentious to use this name. Especially, to you and your fellow statesmen, that is when you are 'religious' or better still 'spiritual'.', that this could be interpreted as meaning all of the people of India, whereas I meant your fellow members from India!!

I love India for several reasons, but most of all that India is the source, the birtplace of spirituality. And those magnificent Rishis, Avatars, Yogis and Yoginis keep it alive and pass it on. So, now people from all over the globe can learn and evolve by studying the scriptures and by practicing yoga.:clap1:

Thanks again and I wish you love & peace.

goldenkrishna

Wishing you love and peace too. An elaborate answer regarding the school of thought I am born into would have derailed this thread. We can discuss via PM if you so wish.

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Wishing you love and peace too. An elaborate answer regarding the school of thought I am born into would have derailed this thread. We can discuss via PM if you so wish.

Best

Hari

Hello hari,

Thank you!

You are right about not derailing this thread.

Let's have a dialog via PM.

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this review Hari.

I am planning a trip next month, although I may be in Pune more than Mumbai.

What pens should I be looking for in Mumbai and Pune that I couldn't find here in North America, or would be cheaper or more common in India? I am very interested in high-quality Indian eyedroppers and piston fillers as well.

Do you have suggestions for Pune as well?