Pen companies that have provided excellent service

Blade Runner

Most of my service calls to pen companies have been for nib exchanges or a part.

I've rarely sent in pens for leaks or any kind of nib work.

I've had great service from:

Charpak/Pelikan, Cross, Parker/Waterman, and Omas

I've had poor service from:

Sheaffer

I've heard Aurora/Kenro provides excellent service in the US.

Can anyone corroborate this?

Regards,

Jeen

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sidney

• Dillo

• Blade Runner

• TimButterfield

Top Posters In This Topic

As for one company that has definitely not provided excellent service, I would have to say Yafa. I had a couple of Nettuno Trident pens that needed a nib replacement/repair, one for nib size change and the other for a slightly bent nib. The tip was even, but one side had a slight wave, just back from the tip. After contacting them, they sent a mailing label and I sent the pens in. I received the pens back in the exact same way they were sent, one wrong size nib and the other still slightly bent. I called, was sent another label, and sent them in again. Both pens were returned to me. The one needing the nib size change now had the right size. The other still had the slightly bent nib. Another phone call, another label, and it was sent in again. For the third time, I received it back in the exact condition it was sent, no change whatsoever. In all cases, a complete description of the problem along with the number of my cell phone, which is always on, was provided. No attempt was ever made to contact me. For the second and third trips, I spoke with the same person, who assured me the problem would be corrected the next time. But, it wasn't. I gave up and had John Mottishaw fix it at the Ohio show. The pens both write well now, but are slightly distateful to use due to the experience. This has taught me to try and avoid any brand distributed by or requiring service by Yafa.

Poor service for me, is Conklin! I sent pen in three times. The first time; they exchanged the whole pen. It no longer matched the matching rollerball. The second time; I don't think they even touched it more than needed to repackage and send it back to me. The third time; they exchanged the nib again, but starvation problem still existed. I finally sent it to Dillon and I can write with it again.

Edited by Sidney

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

Hi,

Staedtler Germany was great and kept me updated, Pelikan Germany was also great and had it done in a week, and Lamy Germany got it done in two weeks.

Parker UK was extremely fast, and Parker USA took six weeks. By the way, if you are in the US, do not send to Parker UK. Parker Australia took two weeks.

Chartpak had it in two days. :)

Private Reserve was also really fast.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Yafa, great service on my Delta, very quick turn around. Montblanc, very curtious and repaired by 149 which I purchased from a non-"authorized dealer" for free, great service. And waterman has also been great to deal with for nib exchanges.

Bryan

http://static.flickr.com/21/28891892_80d902777e_t.jpg