• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Celeste

• Phthalo

• girlieg33k

• Mindstorm

The scan makes this ink look lighter than what it really is and it also makes it look like there is feathering that is not there. Probably a result of the size reduction that tinypic did.

edited to add that in real life the qtip swabs of Legal lapis and tsuki-yo do really look almost exactly the same. There is a difference in written word. Legal Lapis is, of course, saturated and so there is no shading. Tsuki-yo does shading.

Edited by Celeste

Celeste, thank you so much for this review. I've been waiting for reviews on Pilot Iroshizuku inks. Did you get your bottle at Ujuku or have you found a US retailer who carries the new inks?

I like this one, particularly since you note that it appears darker than the scan. Tsuki-yo is "Moonlight Night" so I was expecting it to appear blue-black. It's on the definite buy list. Thanks again.

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

Celeste, thank you so much for this review. I've been waiting for reviews on Pilot Iroshizuku inks. Did you get your bottle at Ujuku or have you found a US retailer who carries the new inks?

I like this one, particularly since you note that it appears darker than the scan. Tsuki-yo is "Moonlight Night" so I was expecting it to appear blue-black. It's on the definite buy list. Thanks again.

I bought this ink from Ujuku. Placed my order in Jan and it was shipped in March, so that's how far the back order was/is. :yikes: I REALLY like this ink and will definitely be in line for more as the budget allows.

Thank you for the review Celeste! I've had my eyes on the Iroshizuku inks for a while, but been waiting for a review of them. I read that you think that the Tsuki-yo and Noodlers Legal Lapis are pretty similar, I've used the Legal Lapis but never got to like it as I'd like to have a more "blueish" ink. Have you tried any of the other Pilot Tsuki-yo inks?

Kind regards,

Karl

Thank you for the review Celeste! I've had my eyes on the Iroshizuku inks for a while, but been waiting for a review of them. I read that you think that the Tsuki-yo and Noodlers Legal Lapis are pretty similar, I've used the Legal Lapis but never got to like it as I'd like to have a more "blueish" ink. Have you tried any of the other Pilot Tsuki-yo inks?

Kind regards,

Karl

Sorry Karl, this is the only one that I have. I picked it because it was the darkest. It does have a slightly gray tone to it.

Thanks for this! I've just ordered a bottle. :) Nice to know the ink inside that gorgeous bottle is just as beautiful. (And I also have a Décimo that it will be perfect in.)

The swatches help a lot and on my screen the LL and the Tsuki-yo do look very much alike.

"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini

Thanks for the review! Hmm, for some reason the colour shows up as a chalky blue-grey on my screen. Would this be a more accurate colour scan?

On my monitor this picture is lighter and brighter than my ink.

edited to say that this ink does not look chalky in real life.

Edited by Celeste

Wow, that is cool. Thanks for sharing! I dig that bottle and the colour is interesting.

Kath

Why, sometimes I'd like to take a switchblade and a peppermint and a Cadillac and throw it all in a fire.

Danitrio Fellowship

On my monitor this is very faded-looking... the linked Flickr image is spot-on.

Gotta love monitor inconsistencies! ;)

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

A scanned sample from today...

http://www.ciar-roisin.net/images/fpn/Iroshizuku-02.jpg

A blurry impression of what stays behind after soaking for a few minutes. Pilot Tsuki-yo is the center sample, Diamine Emerald was the top sample, and Pilot Ajisai is the bottom sample:

http://www.ciar-roisin.net/images/fpn/IroshizukuWet-02.jpg

Edited by Phthalo

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

Thanks for this review!

I ordered this ink a few days ago. I have no idea how long it will take to arrive, but I can be patient....

I picked this color cos it looked the darkest.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I think I need to get a bottle too - my budget right now allows for inks, no more new pens... :glare:

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

Celeste, nice color.. How about a photo of the bottle and a link?

“If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others.” ~Dr. Haim Ginott

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/PostcardBadge.png http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/InkExchange.png

My Website

• 3 years later...

This is a very nice ink. Got it at the Columbus, pen show. It is certainly darker than the scans above, but also shades and lightens up when one uses a broader nib. I have it in a Namiki Falcon with a fine point and it really does look nice and rich. When I put it in an older Scheaffer Triumph with a broad nib, it looks blue green...the green seems to come out as the ink dries and lightens.