Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

• Please log in to reply
8958 replies to this topic

#8941 Cee Elle

Cee Elle

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:33

Had a little Xmas splurge for myself; waiting on a Mint Parker 61 black w gold filled cap, parker vacumatic in brown, nos Parker latitude (scored for $13), and a Brown Parker 51 vac. Not a pen but pen related, also got a sweet little three pen Piquardo pen case. Ho ho ho, hurry up mr mailman.

Edited by Cee Elle, 19 December 2014 - 09:36.

#8942 R. N. Dominick

R. N. Dominick

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 17:48

I have a Waterman Carene in Marine Amber arriving today (according to USPS tracking, which is getting spottier the closer we get to Christmas), and a red Eversharp Symphony on Monday. A bottle of Liberty's Elysium is also arriving today, and it's tempting to ink the Carene with that instead of the Waterman Havana Brown I was going to use...

#8943 gweimer1

gweimer1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2014 - 19:21

I got the last of them today:

Sheaffer Sovereign

Sheaffer Statesman

Esterbrook CH pen & pencil

#8944 lisadan

lisadan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:09

Parker 25, green trim.

Dan

#8945 Suji

Suji

math crazy!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:18

My M1000 BB back from its stub treatment at Pendleton's. Should be back in my hands either Monday (my birthday :D ) or on Tuesday.

Rotation: Esterbrook J 2314B: Diamine 1864 SafariLamy 2000 EF: Aurora Black, Montblanc 146 F: Montblanc Toffee BrownPelikan 140 OBB: Montblanc Irish Green, Pelikan 140 EF: Diamine 1864 Regency BluePelikan M205 0.4mm stub: J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage, Pelikan M400 M: J. Herbin 1670 Stormy Gray, Pelikan M600 F: Diamine 1864 Blue Black, Pelikan M800 B Stub: Diamine 1864 Terracotta, Pelikan M805 3B: Diamine Majestic BluePilot Vanishing Point EF: Iroshizuku Tsuki-yoPlatinum Kanazawa Leaf M: Sailor Grenade 

#8946 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

President of the Universe

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:49

Not waiting any more! My two montblanc came in yesterday!
Zaphod

Time is an illusion, Lunch time doubly so!

#8947 penviper

penviper

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:50

this one! on the way!

_57-4_zps060ce775.jpg

_57-5_zpsf6f0444b.jpg

Edited by penviper, 20 December 2014 - 06:17.

#8948 B_Type13X2

B_Type13X2

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:13

My Lamy 2000 which was the last on my list of essential modern pens to buy. Now I don't know what to put on my list for next year.

You commit yourself to such a level where there is no compromise. You give everything you have, everything, absolutely everything. - Senna

I want to convey the fine line between passion and violence. I've got so much wickedness and sin, No, it wont be long until your break, Because I'm evil - Bat for Lashes

#8949 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:38

@ Penviper: Don't recognise that one.

Which pen is this?

D.ick

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :

#8950 Stu L

Stu L

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:06

Waiting on a pilot penmanship and a cocoon with a fine nib.
Ordered a bottle of diamine ink too, but already forgotten which colour. It was tealy.... hehe

Edited by Stu L, 20 December 2014 - 10:09.

#8951 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:52

What's coming in the mail to me between Saturday and Monday (with the exception of one, all were about $10-15 shipped):

- Parker 45 (with converter), Black with Gold Trims, Nib Unknown, exterior condition looks great
- Parker 45 Set (BP+FP, with converter), Teal Blue, Chrome Trim, Nib Unknown, exterior condition looks great
- Parker 45 (listed as a 21 from 80s), Dark Grey, Gold Trims, Nib Unknown, Comes with some kind of Nascar Wallet, exterior condition looks great
- Sheaffer Tuckaway Touchdown, Internal Condition Unknown, Gold Filled Cap, Burgundy body, 2-tone Triumph nib that looks like an EF, exterior condition appears clean and not marked (contrasty photos)
- Eversharp Skyline, Brown with some scratches, gold filled cap, tear-drop nib that looks like an EF or F, internals unknown

The goal is to restore/clean/polish all of them, and I'm hoping the Teal blue set is good (showed no warpage etc), then I can just move over the 14K Fine I have from the $6 45CT in Light grey I won a while back, and get a gel refill for the BP.

Got the skyline in order to obtain the nib for my existing skyline (I don't care for Broad nibs), and if the gold filled cap on the incoming one is nicer I'll clean that up and swap at least the base portion of it. Already got the proper sac for a skyline ready to go. Will restore the upcoming one and put the flexy M~B on that and sell that.

The Tuckaway was just because, for $15 for a TD model that looked to be in good condition and already having the sac/seal on hand figured why not.

#8952 Helen350

Helen350

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 13:01

What's coming in the mail to me between Saturday and Monday (with the exception of one, all were about $10-15 shipped):

- Parker 45 (with converter), Black with Gold Trims, Nib Unknown, exterior condition looks great
- Parker 45 Set (BP+FP, with converter), Teal Blue, Chrome Trim, Nib Unknown, exterior condition looks great
- Parker 45 (listed as a 21 from 80s), Dark Grey, Gold Trims, Nib Unknown, Comes with some kind of Nascar Wallet, exterior condition looks great
- Sheaffer Tuckaway Touchdown, Internal Condition Unknown, Gold Filled Cap, Burgundy body, 2-tone Triumph nib that looks like an EF, exterior condition appears clean and not marked (contrasty photos)
- Eversharp Skyline, Brown with some scratches, gold filled cap, tear-drop nib that looks like an EF or F, internals unknown

The goal is to restore/clean/polish all of them, and I'm hoping the Teal blue set is good (showed no warpage etc), then I can just move over the 14K Fine I have from the $6 45CT in Light grey I won a while back, and get a gel refill for the BP.

Got the skyline in order to obtain the nib for my existing skyline (I don't care for Broad nibs), and if the gold filled cap on the incoming one is nicer I'll clean that up and swap at least the base portion of it. Already got the proper sac for a skyline ready to go. Will restore the upcoming one and put the flexy M~B on that and sell that.

The Tuckaway was just because, for $15 for a TD model that looked to be in good condition and already having the sac/seal on hand figured why not.

Would you be willing to part with the broad nib that you currently have on your Skyline?  I tend to like med-1.1 stubs.  My Skyline nib needs some work.

#8953 penviper

penviper

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 13:05

@ Penviper: Don't recognise that one.

Which pen is this?

D.ick

it is the Visconti La Bibbia Christian FP.

https://www.youtube....h?v=2-moYY4Uikc

Edited by penviper, 20 December 2014 - 13:06.

#8954 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 13:05

Would you be willing to part with the broad nib that you currently have on your Skyline?  I tend to like med-1.1 stubs.  My Skyline nib needs some work.

Perhaps once I get the other skyline in (tracking shows monday) so I can see if that nib is going to do what I want.

But this is the Nib (write samples at bottom of here: http://imgur.com/a/zACey ) :

DIBCtt0.jpg

And after yesterday I polished up the cap/pen even some more so more inclined to keep the pen if I can just get a finer nib (which hopefully comes monday).

black_gf_capped.jpg

What it looked like originally.

black_gf_original.jpg

Edited by KBeezie, 20 December 2014 - 13:08.

#8955 Helen350

Helen350

Extremely Rare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 13:39

Perhaps once I get the other skyline in (tracking shows monday) so I can see if that nib is going to do what I want.

But this is the Nib (write samples at bottom of here: http://imgur.com/a/zACey ) :

DIBCtt0.jpg

And after yesterday I polished up the cap/pen even some more so more inclined to keep the pen if I can just get a finer nib (which hopefully comes monday).

black_gf_capped.jpg

What it looked like originally.

black_gf_original.jpg

As usual, you do such a beautiful job.  Also love your photography.  You've got the eyel.  Yes, I would be interested in the nib. I swapped my Skyline nib for another nib, which works fine.  The Skyline nib is a bit too scratchy for me, and I was reluctant to mess around with the gold nib.   Will await hearing from you.  Helen

#8956 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 15:20

Still waiting on my first Pelikano.  First class shipping over the holidays is proving incredibly slow.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Logo3_zpsb7a0b845.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#8957 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 15:50

Still waiting on my first Pelikano.  First class shipping over the holidays is proving incredibly slow.

I was gifted an old Pelikano two weeks ago by someone who saw me writing with a FP and had it somewhere in a cupboard. User grade, including teeth marks, but a decent enough writer. She herself was using an Ungaro which I have never seen and could not find here on the board or elsewhere on Google.

It was a very nice gesture.

D.ick

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :

#8958 om_nom_nomigon

om_nom_nomigon

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 16:00

I finally caved and ordered a Pilot Decimo in grey with a fine nib.  I should also have a bottle of Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku coming at some point.  I would imagine at this time of year that they might take a bit of time to arrive, but hopefully they will get here before I have to get back to work.

#8959 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

I plan to live forever. So far so good.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2014 - 20:55

I'm waiting for a Sailor Pro Gear Slim in Pearl Red and Rhodium, with a Saibi Togi nib.

Sine arte, scientia nihil est.